Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Best tip: no need to do this. "Cleanses" don't cleanse anything. Just start eating more whole foods and you'll be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree with you, but I think a lot of people get discouraged with just eating healthy and doing fitness, and especially when you do a lot of core and strength exercising because they don't see the results right away on the scale, when it's the strength which causes you to lose weight and become fit, not the 'diet' or the elimination of pounds that make you fit and healthy.

Eating healthy is a natural cleanse anyhow. If you are to do anything just eliminate the teratogens and food teratogens like: breads (refined), sugars (refined), flours (refined), junk food, sodas, etc. Then slowly add healthier foods. I just do everything by moderation, but avoid: breads, red meat, pasta, rice, cheese, junk food, and empty calories as much as possible, and have cheat days so I know I'm human.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.

How many times have you needed to "jump start" yourself? Given your own wording, it obviously doesn't work all that well, since you've admitted that all it does is give you some psychological boost that ultimately fails to the point where you wind up "jump starting" yourself again later.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Your body will cleanse itself .. it is called waste .. and just let your body do what it was designed to do.

Cleanses always make me giggle .. but do what you want, but it is a total waste and pure crap.
  • Krinnen
    Options
    So how are those doses of haterade going down today? Is there a calorie count to track?
    This is ridiculous. The cleanse, generally speaking, is no different than people using ACE, or SlimQuick, or whatever fad appetite suppresant is out right now. You still intake calories, up to and sometimes over 900 calories a day while cleansing. You are encouraged to NOT do any overly exerting exercises, and if at any point you feel wrong, to STOP. You could go 3 days, 7 days, 10 days. It's up to your body.
    The salt flush, as it seems to be a topic, is made with sea salt, which sea salt water is the same salinity as blood (google if you don't believe me), so your body does not process or absorb it, it literally flushes right out of your system. And takes everything that's blocking the way with it. It's a laxative, just like ex-lax, without the cramping. The point of MyFitnessPal boards is to encourage others. And for some people, the cleanse works, and works well. For some people, it doesn't, not in the slightest. It's all about listening to your body, and doing what you feel is best for YOU.
    I personally can't use any sort of diet pill, they always make me shaky and dizzy, and I've thrown up from them on occasion. And that's MY BODY, not YOURS. I listen to how I feel, not how YOU say I should feel. Everyone should be able to make their own decision on what works well for them, without the massive doses of haterade being thrown around. Maybe do some research before you spout off on what you think it's all about., maybe try supportive and informative answers not just calling people stupid.
  • Krinnen
    Options
    Funny you should say crap. Because alot comes out of you from this cleanse. I never knew there could be so much crap in my system, because I thought my body was getting rid of it all? :laugh:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    In for the haterade.
  • EmpoweringMe331
    Options
    Don't do it..... cut back the food you dont need to be eating. You know what you are eating a lot of that you need to elimiate or cut back on. For example, I use to drink Mountain Dew sodas like crazy. I cut out sodas completely and started losing weight. Good luck!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Back in for the get skinny quick scams.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say crap. Because alot comes out of you from this cleanse. I never knew there could be so much crap in my system, because I thought my body was getting rid of it all? :laugh:

you mean the crap that your body naturally gets rid of, when you well, you know, take a crap..?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    So how are those doses of haterade going down today? Is there a calorie count to track?
    This is ridiculous. The cleanse, generally speaking, is no different than people using ACE, or SlimQuick, or whatever fad appetite suppresant is out right now. You still intake calories, up to and sometimes over 900 calories a day while cleansing. You are encouraged to NOT do any overly exerting exercises, and if at any point you feel wrong, to STOP. You could go 3 days, 7 days, 10 days. It's up to your body.
    The salt flush, as it seems to be a topic, is made with sea salt, which sea salt water is the same salinity as blood (google if you don't believe me), so your body does not process or absorb it, it literally flushes right out of your system. And takes everything that's blocking the way with it. It's a laxative, just like ex-lax, without the cramping. The point of MyFitnessPal boards is to encourage others. And for some people, the cleanse works, and works well. For some people, it doesn't, not in the slightest. It's all about listening to your body, and doing what you feel is best for YOU.
    I personally can't use any sort of diet pill, they always make me shaky and dizzy, and I've thrown up from them on occasion. And that's MY BODY, not YOURS. I listen to how I feel, not how YOU say I should feel. Everyone should be able to make their own decision on what works well for them, without the massive doses of haterade being thrown around. Maybe do some research before you spout off on what you think it's all about., maybe try supportive and informative answers not just calling people stupid.

sorry but cleanses are bunk...the only thing they cleanse is your wallet of its money

Please explain to me the toxins that this cleanse is getting rid of that your body does not naturally detox on its own?
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh damn it , I'm late!!! *grabs the popcorn*
  • topten
    topten Posts: 1
    Options
    Other issues- I'm trying it this week and think I'm having an allergic response to the cayenne pepper. I can't stop sneezing and having a runny nose. I removed the pepper starting today (day 4), but I think the damage had been done.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Other issues- I'm trying it this week and think I'm having an allergic response to the cayenne pepper. I can't stop sneezing and having a runny nose. I removed the pepper starting today (day 4), but I think the damage had been done.

STOP DOING THIS. THIS IS DUMB.

I am not saying you are dumb, but doing this is dumb.

How is this thread not locked yet?
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    This is not healthy....

And really youre just flushing your colon - losing water weight- and starving yourself

So if you really want to do that - just take a day off work and get some straight magnesium chloride from the pharmacy - you'll be $h*ting EVERYTHING out and you'll get dehydrated. And its only like $4 bucks for the bottle
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    I think this is a terrible idea with absolutely zero benefits.

Though I do think the part where the original author claims he pooped out eight ounces of pure mercury is an impressive bid for the weirdest diet effect claim ever...

Ditto. Dumb idea. No benefits. Lots of suffering. See seven thousand posts on benefits of a good diet and exercise to follow.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I think this is a terrible idea with absolutely zero benefits.

Though I do think the part where the original author claims he pooped out eight ounces of pure mercury is an impressive bid for the weirdest diet effect claim ever...

Ditto. Dumb idea. No benefits. Lots of suffering. See seven thousand posts on benefits of a good diet and exercise to follow.

That's about $400 dollars (detail price) - sounds like a great deal!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    For those saying it doesn't work, it does if you do it correctly. Granted, there are pros and cons, but I'm on day 9 and have lost 10.4 on this cleanse. My hair is stronger and doesn't fall out by the handfuls in the shower, my nails are growing like weeds, my face has cleared up. I do this cleanse when my body needs a reset - it resets the bloodstream, organs, and a good side effect is the weight loss, but I'm on it for the preparation to eat clean and not be able to over eat anymore. Sure it's easy to say nay to something you've never tried before. But I have an immense about of energy, I am sleeping so much better and through the night. But listening to your body is key. If you can't do it, no one is forcing you to do it. Do your research and don't knock it before you try it. I've lost 42 lbs thanks to this diet .. and kept it off for about 3 years. Due to depression, it snuck back up on me this past year, and I still do cardio while on the cleanse.

Find something that works for you, and stick to it.

it resets the bloodstream?
    Does it now? Factory settings or custom?
    WTF are you talking about?

Edit: I cannot do bold, I fail at life!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options

I agree the cleanse is probably no different to other diet aids and appetite suppressants - they are all a waste of ,time and money.

Not sure why you are defending Master Cleanse by saying you can't take any diet pills, they make you shaky and dizzy - nobody is advocating them either.

The point of MFP forum is to encourage and educate people about healthy eating, fitness and healthy lifestyles - not to just encourage people in anything no matter how foolish and unhealthy.
  • cam_dotson
    Options
    I am not necessarily sure of what a "salt cleanse" is, I do have an educated opinion on this. The only safe salt to drink in such a way is himalayan salt or 100% sea salt. The chemicals in table salt however will have negative effects on your body. Research more on its effects. Also, I would suggest a fast for a limited time rather than a "cleanse" with something that may be harmful