Which of these bridesmaid dresses should I choose?

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    2! lovely plus the way it gathers in the middle is super flattering and makes everyone look wonderful lol and you could dye it in the future too if you wanted a diff colour! :)
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    I like #2 better. I really like the skirt
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    They're both beautiful, so I don't think you can go too wrong. My personal preference is #1, as I like the simplicity.

However, I think if you are big-busted, you might do well in #1, as it seems to make the chest look smaller (or at least, not enhance it).

If your bust is moderate to small, then #2 could work well. However all that fabric on top might make your chest looks slightly larger.

Hope that helps.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    I'm voting for number 1 because...butt bow. Seriously...with all that is going on in the back of those dresses, the last thing I would want is a whole lotta stuff going on in the front of the dress as well. Keep it as simple as you can.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    I like both dresses but have a slight preference for #1. Most importantly I love that the bride has picked the colour but allowed you to pick the style you want. Definitely not a bridezella! The dress and the friend are both keepers!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    I like #2! And I think the boots idea with the rustic themed wedding is cute!!! Good luck....I hope it's a great day!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Number one looks less "prom-like" so I prefer it!
  • SincerelyHiatus
    SincerelyHiatus Posts: 26 Member
    I like both dresses as well, but I like the waist of the first one better.

In conclusion: #1!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    I don't like either one. sorry but with cowboy boots that will look strange

Have you thought about an infinity dress? you can tie it a bunch of different ways depending on the look you want. I found this one on Etsy (which is a great place to search for dresses btw) but they sell them elsewhere

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/181574334/free-bandeau-summer-day-dress?ref=market
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    I like #1. I think #2 has too much going on and will compete with the boots. Kind of like in the photo below...the dress fabric is too busy for the boots. I say keep it simple.
    I like the simplicity of #1. #2 might be a bit busy with boots. You will look great in either dress!

Ask yourself, can I wear this dress again for another occasion? Would I want to? If so, go for the more classic #1.

Apparently, you are required to wear the cowgirl boots in the wedding to go with the 'theme'?

Just my opinion, but classic pumps would look better with both.

I am also in the minority, but I'd go with #1.

Yes, it's a rustic/country themed wedding. Cowgirl boots are required from all the bridesmaids. The bride will be wearing them as well, but her wedding dress is long. Think this type of thing: http://rusticweddingchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bridesmaids-in-cowboy-boots.jpeg

I'm actually really excited about it. They'll definitely be more comfortable than the heels I wore to the only other wedding I've been in. I wore flats at my own wedding.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    I think given the context that you can't control, #2 would look "better" with the boots.

This. Gotta say I never even considered beige for my bridesmaids. Does it work with your skin tone?
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    #1 with boots. I just think #2 will look like too much is going on with boots
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    #2 is really cute. #1 the pleating is just so unfortunate looking
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    IMO I love the first one but I think the second one would go better with the boots cos its a bit more quirky with the side detail.

Yeeehaaa!
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    #2!!!!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    #1 and here's why. When I first brought up #2, my eyes were completely drawn to the skirt part because of the part in it. It draws attention to your waist and hips and away from the overall look of the dress. #1, I could actually look at the entire thing at once and appreciate it as a whole without having my eye drawn any one part of it. I also think #1 would accent "the ladies" better.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    #1 - it's more classic and therefore reasonably likely to be reusable for another event. #2 is a bit too 'busy' for my taste - a few too many design elements.
  • I also like #2 - but would totally ditch the flower.

:drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    #2 :flowerforyou: