*kitten* People Say To People Who're Trying To Lose Weight!

Options

Replies

• wenshel7
    wenshel7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My ex (while we were still married) said- "If you'd just gain another 40 pounds instead, you could qualify for bariatric surgery." ARGH!

Which HE had, which was an ultimate FAIL.
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great now. Maybe you are just meant to be that size.

So many comments similar to this one in this thread. The only thing I can figure is other people want everyone else to be fatter than them, so they try to discourage the people around them.

It's the "crabs in a bucket" mentality:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crab bucket

I'm appalled at the stories in this thread. It says so much about the human race and why so many people are so messed up when you've got that kind of "support" around you. People suck.

Here are some inspirational photos of good people to cheer everyone up:
    http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/154/These-22-Photos-Are-Going-To-Leave-A-Lasting-Impression
  • Thimbelinda
    Thimbelinda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Years ago I had a medical problem and lost over 50 pounds in the 6 weeks I was on bed rest. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. When I came back to work my coworkers were jealous and mean. I got things like, " must be nice to go on vacation and come back looking hot" , "we slave away at work while you get to relax and have a good time for 6 weeks."

This time no one, besides my immediate family have even noticed my weight loss.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Rude person: You need a new bra. That one is too big for you now.
    Me: Stop looking at my chest.
  • My_Big_fat_diary
    Options
    when you go clothes shopping with a friend and they are really skinny and beautiful and they come out the dressing room with a really pretty dress on going '' do i look big in this '' its like O_O please stop your killing me i would die to FIT into something that pretty
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options

"You don't need to lose weight. You look okay."

Pls, you make fat jokes all the time and then when I show initiative I'm all of a sudden not hambeast status. At least be consistent.

OMG! that is soooo true.. before i lost a few pounds verybody.. like veery single person was mocking me .. ,making fun of me at birthday parties, get togethers, weddings... teasing me in public and all i can do was to smile.. now when i lost few pounds everybody was like SHAUHJDKHUEHANKJD WHY DID YOU LOSE WEIGHT?YOU LOOK ILL!! STOP LOSING WEIGHT! GAIN BACK! I WANT THE OLD YOU.. i mean seriously whats up with people? they are not happy either way ://
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Someone told me a few times (last time was just last week) that I need to stop going to the gym because I don't need to lose any more weight. I was ~150 lbs. a couple months ago; now I fall between 133 and 136 lbs (I'm 4'11").

Same person told me I need to gain back the weight I lost.. said I looked "so much better" when I was 150 lbs. Thing is, they didn't believe me that I actually did weigh 150 lbs.. said I was exaggerating.

They ask me what I'm up to throughout the day a bit often, and since going to the gym is usually on my agenda, it annoys them when they hear me say I went to the gym.

"Why are you even going still?"
    "You're going to look anorexic."

I told them losing weight is still a focus of mine, but not as significant as before. Now, it's about gaining muscle and toning up. They then said "Then why are you going to the gym then?"

I pretty much stopped mentioning anything fitness-related to them. They still ask about it anyway though, but no matter what response(s) I give, they make remarks that just makes me want to punch them in the face.

On another note, I remember a few yrs ago (2010-2011) I lost 20-30 lbs. I was a little over 150 for a while then went down to 130ish. I ran into this girl on campus I hadn't seen in a long time, and the first thing she said was: "Oh my God, Jen. What's wrong? You look sick. You're skinnier." I was like um... no, I lost weight to look and be more healthy o_o
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" tall and before I started losing weight people were saying "oh you're so tall so if you have 200lbs is nothing to worry about", but with my 210 I was just in the obese category :O how could people say I lok OK when I was obese (and was like that for only about 2 years, before that I was always normal and had abou 160-170lbs so people knew me even when I was not obese). Noone wanted to tell me I look fat and were making excuses for me :O
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    F**** THESE WEIGHTS IN THE P****

GET IN OR GO HOME

BIG GIRLS(HEAVY WEIGHTS) NEED LOVE TOO

EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A BODYBUILDER BUT NOBODY WANTS TO MOVE ANY HEAVY *kitten* WEIGHT

RE-RACK YOUR WEIGHTS BRO...
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't get invited to eat in the cafeteria upstairs by my co-workers anymore :sad:
    I just want to be part of the group! (And the food is pretty good too)
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    "You're like, obsessed with counting calories now"

Um....ok? I've lost 20 pounds so...I guess that's a good thing?
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My other favorite came when I said I'm thinking about starting to lift...

"Ewww you're going to look like a man"
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Co-worker: "Can I eat fruit?"

Me: "If it fits into your daily calorie goal, yes."

Co-worker: "I thought fruit didn't have calories."

Me: :explode:
  • Betsnikel
    Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was told that about the Atkins diet too...... He slipped on some ice and died of a head injury! Geezzzz
  • jennsavage3
    jennsavage3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How incredibly rude!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My mother: "You're dieting.. and you're eating THAT??" (in reference to a small slice of chocolate cake after I walked 5 miles that day pushing my son around in a stroller.)

Me: I burned a LOT of calories today and if I feel that I want a small slice of cake I can have it.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SO many stupid comments, but some of the stand-outs:

People putting me down:

"You're really dumb for using an iphone app to monitor your health. Only a retard would do that."

After I tell them I cleared it with my doctor - "Well, you should go to someone else because clearly your doctor doesn't know what they're talking about."

"1200 calories a day is anorexic. You should check yourself into the local hospital because you clearly have an eating disorder."

"Anyone who counts calories has an eating disorder."

"You have a self-esteem problem and your dieting is self-destructive. You should go to a psychologist."

People trying to give stupid advice:

"You don't lose weight counting calories. It's only carbs that are bad for you. You should eliminate all of them from your diet, including fruits and vegetables. I haven't eaten carbs, fruits or vegetables in six years and I've lost 100 pounds just eating nothing but meat and protein." (Okay, I guess you lost weight, but that sounds incredibly unhealthy to me and also I would never be able to just eat 100% meat all day long.)

Also, people trying to give advice on super obvious things when I didn't ask for any:

"Eat lots of vegetables."

"Drink lots of water, juice has sugar."

"Cut down on alcohol, it has a lot of calories."

And then the ever-helpful people who try to discourage you:

"Good luck staying on that. I predict you fall off the wagon in a month and gain in all back and more."
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My boss had one of her family members (who doesn't even know me) ask her, "What is that Brittany girl doing to lose weight?!", kinda making it sound like I'm doing something other than working my butt off for it.

"Bet you'd like to have a piece of this, huh? :laugh:" -__-

This ^^^ all day long!!!

It's almost like people are hoping you will give them some magic secret! Uh no, I'm up at 5am every morning to work my *kitten* off before my day even starts!!
  • Moira945
    Moira945 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite comes from someone who I won't name but..

Every time we'd go out to eat anything I would order or eat she'd tell me oh I can't eat that on my diet or wow you can really have that to aren't you dieting... And she'd eat half a chicken breast and get a salad dry and a baked potato dry and not even eat half of it and then binge on cakes and sweets and bad stuff the next time I was with her and then my husband would tell her how good I was doing and what I was eating and she'd say well I can't do that I AM doing this diet instead.....

Now we just saw her and she said wow what are you doing!! Now she actually wanted to know what I had been doing and what I have been eating... And although I haven't lost in a few weeks and actually gained my body is majorly changing shape from working out.. So it was good to be noticed and not put down or second guessed for once

Mothers! Oy! Mine once bought me a size 24W sweater for Christmas so that I could have something "that doesn't show your gut all the time"

At the time, i was 5'7" and ~155 lbs and wore a size 10-12.
  • fitness_n00b
    Options
    I don't get invited to eat in the cafeteria upstairs by my co-workers anymore :sad:
    I just want to be part of the group! (And the food is pretty good too)

THAT IS TERRIBLE! :( HOW COULD THEY!