short people problems and tall people problems!

Options

Replies

• rosetat74
    rosetat74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Along with the short people issues already mentioned...

1) the jokes from my husband when he tries to get into the driver's seat of my jeep (he's over 6ft tall)
    2) fashion... I love the look of maxi dresses on tall women, but at 5ft they just make me look shorter (long skirts are not my friend)
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Whatever, at least you aren't average like me!!!! :sad:

Deddiedowner.gif
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    short people problems and tall people problems! who has it worse? and why? I'm a short friend and i have a very tall friend and we were going back and forth with who has it worse! What do you think?

I say short people have it worse

1. Bottom of our pants gets soak when it rains.
    2. People think your head is an armrest.
    3. Cooking becomes a workout because you have to climb the counters to get stuff
    4. You buy a crop shirt and ends up being a regular shirt!
    5. The back of the freezer and uncharted territory!

1. Atleast you have bottom of pants, regular pants are capris on tall people! For example I tried on ankle pants sooo cute right, yea they came to half way up my calves!!
    2. Neck stiffness from having to look down to people.
    3. Once again neck and back issues from hunching down to cook!
    4. Regular shirt is a crop shirt on tall women
    5. The bottom drawers of the fridge have things growing mold, I am not bending down that far to clean!! :bigsmile:

omg lol how tall are you abby. Too funny!!

LOL only 5'11"

Thats a good thing though, models are that tall!
  • abbylbrown23
    abbylbrown23 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    To this day I have issues with long sleeve shirts being 3/4 length sleeves on me. Out of all the long sleeve tops I own, I think like 4 of them actually come to my wrist. This problem's getting even worse now that I'm out of plus and into misses sizing. My winter coat doesn't really even come close to covering my wrists :-/

Old Navy, Gap, Eddie Bauer all make tops for "tall". It's awesome.

Also I have a really nice pea coat that came in a "tall" from Victoria's Secret.

(But I'm also not that tall, only 5'9" but I guess I have long limbs.)

Love Old Navy Tall section, even though I have only been able to find it online. The shirts are perfect and pants too!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    To this day I have issues with long sleeve shirts being 3/4 length sleeves on me. Out of all the long sleeve tops I own, I think like 4 of them actually come to my wrist. This problem's getting even worse now that I'm out of plus and into misses sizing. My winter coat doesn't really even come close to covering my wrists :-/

Also I have a really nice pea coat that came in a "tall" from Victoria's Secret.

Love Old Navy Tall section, even though I have only been able to find it online. The shirts are perfect and pants too!

Yeah, it's just online, but the return policy is great. You can just return it to a store instead of mailing it back.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It's much easier to cut off and hem pants than it is to add length...

This! 6'2" here with a 37" inseam! Currently wearing a pair of what I call "regular people" pants that come up past my ankles. I have cute boots on though... no one will ever know that they're not real pants. :bigsmile:
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My friggin' eighth graders are taller than me -.- It's kinda difficult to maintain order if you do not look intimidating.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    My friggin' eighth graders are taller than me -.- It's kinda difficult to maintain order if you do not look intimidating.
    o hai, were you my Science teacher? :flowerforyou:
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Drawbacks of Being Short:

People walking into you because they didn't see you (ie, looked over your head vs blind spot... lol).
    People thinking your a child...

Not to say that our tall counterparts don't have issues they struggle with as well :).
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    short people problems and tall people problems! who has it worse? and why? I'm a short friend and i have a very tall friend and we were going back and forth with who has it worse! What do you think?

3. Cooking becomes a workout because you have to climb the counters to get stuff

1. Atleast you have bottom of pants, regular pants are capris on tall people! For example I tried on ankle pants sooo cute right, yea they came to half way up my calves!!
    5. The bottom drawers of the fridge have things growing mold, I am not bending down that far to clean!! :bigsmile:

PREACH!

Also, I can't wear heels hardly ever because I feel like an awkward giraffe that everyone is staring at.. not to mention, my fiance is an inch taller than me, so no pretty beautiful heels with my rockin' dress on my wedding day :sad:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad, by the time I was in the THIRD grade, I was taller than the teacher that I had in KINDERGARTEN. Granted, she may just have been very very small, but I remember being sent down to her classroom once when I was in third grade and she almost fainted when she saw that I was way taller than her.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my boyfriend is 6'5. We've had this discussion a couple times and we always agree he has more difficulties because of his height. One random example: in our medieval combat class last night none of the gear fit him, while I easily found the appropriate-sized jacket and mask.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I want to kiss a tall girl ... bout 5'10 and up
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

not long enough for me:sad:
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    I'd say being short is worse. At 5'5", I never hear the end of the jokes about my wife being taller than I am. I literally have to ask her to get things off the top shelves for me. It's embarrassing when we have tall guests over for dinner.

And yeah, I do feel for y'all tall ladies because I know for a fact that breasts are sometimes at eye level. Trust me, I'm not trying to stare, they're just right in my line of sight. Sorry.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

not long enough for me:sad:

That is sad for you.

The solution to your problem is of course to go naked. :bigsmile:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's just online, but the return policy is great. You can just return it to a store instead of mailing it back.
    How did I not know this? I just wear all my long sleeve shirts pulled up because they're never long enough.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Short people problems:

1. parallel parking is a chore, because I'm too short to see over the dash and see the bumper of my car. Saving for a new car for this reason alone.
    2. Machines at the gym are enormous for me. Forget hanging leg lifts, my back can't touch the board.
    3. I have a pair of rubber tongs that I use to grab stuff in the kitchen.
    4. One time a man gave me a snickers bar because he thought I was a child out with my dad (my husband - gross)
    5. Nothing is ever a crop top.
    6. Expensive tailoring bills
    7. Not being able to see over people at concerts, movies, etc.

Short people bonuses:

1. I can buy kid's running shoes - yay cheap!
    2. I can lounge in almost any bathtub
    3. Airline seats are a comfortable size
    4. I can lounge on an apartment sized sofa
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

omg lol how tall are you abby. Too funny!!

LOL only 5'11"

I have to go with Abby on this one! I'm 5'11 too! Always hated being tall until high school. From then on I love it!!!
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with it being very difficult to find clothes... I am 6'8" and shirt past large don't get longer, just wider... XL shirts are too short and won't fit well around my shoulders (tall people usually have broader shoulders) and 2XL's make me look fatter than I am...

I also drive a 2000 Saturn compact sedan, so I have constant back pain lol! Looking for something a bit more roomy but don't want a gas hog :(

I am always getting asked dumb questions like :How's the weather up there?" or if I played football/basketball/ran track... no, I'm a big fat nerd, I was obviously in band lol :)

Other than that, I actually enjoy grabbing things for people that can't reach them :) I like using what I've got to help! I do have a bit of back pain and neck pain though as a previous poster mentioned, I am always slumped over but I try to rectify that!

Also, ungodly appetite from being this big... If I don't keep it in check, I could seriously be a competitive eater with the meal size I can scarf down!!! That's why I can't do IF anymore haha

Of course, women like tall men though so that overshadows pretty much all of it ;)