Need a healthy quick snack for right now

Options
lindatip
lindatip Posts: 3 Member
I know we are not supposed to eat late. But I worked late and I skipped supper. What can I eat that is not SALAD :( based and might be not tipping my scales???

Just need something to nosh on before going to bed.

Thanks
Linda

Replies

• shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    apples, banana, yogurt, a portion controlled food you really love. I find depriving myself is the worse....because I want it all the more. it does take self will and control to limit the amount you intake. don't eat candy, of any kind or regular chips. at least I wouldn't.....I can't control myself. I little square of chocolate......turns into the whole bowl. read a few of the blogs posted by winners in the battle of the bulge for confidence. Good luck :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Keep within your deficit and you'll be fine. I usually eat 500 calories of peanut butter at bedtime.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, and let me have a peek, I can suggest something that will fit your macros nicely for the day.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Something with protein preferably lean: hardboiled eggs, tuna, or yogurt, and some fruit? It will fill you up but not too much so you can sleep.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't usually snack late at night but I spent 2.5 hours deep cleaning my house and had extra calories so I snacked on a piece of Easter candy and a Laughing Cow tomato-basil cheese wedge mashed into a small corn tortilla, rolled up & heated in the microwave. It was good.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love eggs when I want a quick late supper. Banana seems to be easy on my stomach before bed, if you are worried about feeling bloated in the morning. I also like toast or a wasa cracker spread with tahini.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Banana with peanut butter
    Apple with peanut butter
    Greek yogurt with berries
    Crackers with cheese
  • Dressdrive10
    Dressdrive10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good. Do you have any in your fridge?

Best wishes Deva
  • josimone1980
    Options
    I usually have some fruit or yogurt also ive started to have rice cakes in which are good as a snack..

good luck