*kitten* People Say To People Who're Trying To Lose Weight!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Not well at all but he won't leave and it's my house. Just obtained a eviction notice waiting for him to piss me off again. Last Sat nite almost called police.

Evict him. You deserve better.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, i can see the weight loss in your face. It looks thinner

:frown:

fabulous. All that work and my face is thinner.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "If you exercise too much, that's cause problems." - Yes, if you're exercising everyday for hours whilst not eating appropriately. I don't think an hour/hour and a half is going to be the death of me.

"You don't want to lose too much more!" - I am the very top end of a healthy BMI, and I want to lose another 16 lbs. I appreciate the concern, and would completely understand if they said this to me at my goal weight. However, I'm in no danger of looking gaunt and ill, so there is no need for the concern.

I've had other comments too, and I can say for the majority of people they're coming from, it is concern rather than an attempt at sabotage.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

I get this a lot because I lose weight in my face first. I don't usually wear that much makeup but people ask me if I'm going to start wearing more because my face is so pretty.

You know what rude people? My face was just as pretty before I started losing weight.
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hate backhanded compliments so much.

I also hate it when you refuse something somewhere simply because you don't want it - not because of the calorie counting, you just don't feel like it and then there's the tirade of comments like it's a personal offense

"one piece doesn't have THAT many calories - have some"

No thank you

"Oh she can't have that she's on a diet"

I actually can eat whatever I like, I am just not hungry right now, but thanks anyway

"I hope you don't start obsessing over dieting - that isn't healthy either"...

Neither was my fat *kitten* and inability to move without huffing and puffing - but ok... Sorry if making myself a priority and wanting to be healthy and active is somehow "unhealthy" - whatever... like eating that piece of cake is going to prove anything right? lol

People tend to run their mouths and often they do mean well, so I try to keep that in mind, but I stand my ground anyway. When you do, over time people will start to respect the fact that you are not going to revert back to old habits and will either shut up and leave you alone - or they won't, but it just doesn't bother you as much anymore.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You're fat. You need to lose weight.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options

I get this a lot because I lose weight in my face first. I don't usually wear that much makeup but people ask me if I'm going to start wearing more because my face is so pretty.

You know what rude people? My face was just as pretty before I started losing weight.

Wait. wait whaaaaaaaaaaat? "Your face is pretty, wear more make-up." How does that make sense again?
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "If you're not sore from the gym, you should probably up the ante!"

Wow, after reading these posts, lots of unsupportive people out there.
    I try not to talk about the gym or diet/weight loss as i get the feeling that no one wants to hear it (especially at work)

All of you deserve a pat on the back for your hard work and determination! Good job!
  • Snowglobe99
    Options
    It's terrible being an alcoholic and he functions pretty well goes to work almost everyday. Being a widow I don't want to be by myself but living like this is killing me more then it's killing him. I really haven't done well on my diet mostly because of the stress in my life. But I am still a very happy person and try to do good in life. I already told him he is not invited to move with me when I retire.

Honey, there will be someone else out there for you. I know it's hard to be "alone" but this is doing you no good what so ever.... You might find that this "alone" is what in fact you needed all along.
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As I stepped off the stairclimber....."Wow!" You worked up quite a sweat there, big boy"
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    He can't go out, he has a diet..

What are you losing weight for?