I want to mess with your favorite baked goods and make them

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I love messing with recipes (especially baked goods) and finding ways to make them healthier - if anyone has a favorite yummy muffin/cookie/cake/loaf recipe they want to share, I'd love to mess with it and see if I can get the fat/calorie count down a bit without sacrificing the taste and/or texture.

Either post the original recipe below or send it to me in a message.

I should probably note that I'm allergic to milk, so if I mess with your recipe, it will result in the recipe becoming non-dairy.

Thanks!

Replies

• marsbar_0789
    Options
    ooo i can't wait to see some of these recipies!!!
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OK SOOOOOOOO interpreted the title of this post wrong. Won't go into exactly what I was thinking....but more or less along the lines of American Pie.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    ooooo could you make flapjack healthy?

Thanks

Katie
  • CoryIda
    Options
    OK SOOOOOOOO interpreted the title of this post wrong. Won't go into exactly what I was thinking....but more or less along the lines of American Pie.

lol! So funny!
    I will do my best - do you like them plain, or do you like fruit in yours?
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    show me some chocolate chip cookies that won't make me fat and I'll love you forever !!!!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    interested in what you post!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I will do my best - do you like them plain, or do you like fruit in yours?
    [/quote]

just plain please

xxx
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    a chocolate cake with chocolate icing!!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    show me some chocolate chip cookies that won't make me fat and I'll love you forever !!!!

Oooh! That one will be tough, but I'll work on it. I love a good challenge :smile:
  • CoryIda
    Options

My family is going to LOVE me if I figure this one out. :happy:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I just did it myself to an oatmeal cookie recipe last night.

I made these (or something very similar) last Christmas and they were lovely, but I'm sure they're atrocious.

http://www.food.com/recipe/peppermint-meltaways-meltaway-cookies-100927
  • lizf02
    lizf02 Posts: 41
    Options
    Im looking forward to seeing these too!!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options

I have an awesome one for chocolate chip cookies but it has sour cream in it. If you want I can send it to you.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options

My family is going to LOVE me if I figure this one out. :happy:

I will love you if you figure it out!!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Oooh! That one will be tough, but I'll work on it. I love a good challenge :smile:

I make chocolate chip cookies with half honey/half splenda and applesauce instead of butter. Results in a cake-like cookie, but they are good!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sometimes if you look at vegan or even vegetarian cook books they have lots of desserts that are healthier than normal. A lot of times it is because the substitute for things like eggs, and use apple sauce instead. I've tried many recipes with one vegan cook book and absolutely love them! And they are not as calorie dense as some of the original recipes
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    oooOooooOOoo I'm falling in love already!!!

I'd love to try any chocolate chip cookie recipe, its the only food that I miss. I just cant bring myself to max out my carbs/fat & sugar for ONE cookie. lol. My kids love sour creme and applesauce, so even if Im not crazy about them - just them seeing me put apple sauce into the batter will make them eat the pan. haha.
  • platoniclover
    Options
    Ooh, me too! I love messing with baking recipes and do it all the time.
    One thing I've found that helps TREMENDOUSLY is using backstrap molasses in place of sugar. It's gooey so I also throw more into batter in place of oil/butter if necessary. I use organic but I don't know if that's necessary. Backstrap molasses is also INSANELY HIGH in all kinds of vitamins/minerals/protein, so yep--it pretty much rocks my little world : )
    Last tip: I liberally use baking powder to help heavier batters rise and be pouffy. Who wants a hockey-puck cookie? LOL : P
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My favorite cake in the whole world is the waitrose banana carrot cake recipe. Google it. If you can make it healthy AND yummy, I'll love you forever and ever.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    My favorite cake in the whole world is the waitrose banana carrot cake recipe. Google it. If you can make it healthy AND yummy, I'll love you forever and ever.

I will work on it - cakes are actually easier than cookies, believe it or not. :)