Just can't do eggs! Anyone have any breakfast ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a Special K protein shake plus a banana.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do a romaine lettuce wrap, usually with sirloin, honey mustard, and pickle relish. There's no law saying you have to confine yourself to standard breakfast-type* foods :)
    *standard in the U.S. and most parts of Europe, Australia, etc. -- many countries and cultures have quite different ideas of what a standard breakfast food is!
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    Who said it has to be breakfast food for breakfast? Regardless...I have either a Slimfast shake or a Slimfast bar in the morning.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    oatmeal + almond butter + dash cinnamon

if you go the greek yogurt route, be sure to look for 2% - 100000000x better for you than "fat free" crap
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Im egg intolerant, like trip to the e.r intolerant. I have mostly cheerios with fruit every morning or whole grain pancakes with fruit compote . Yogurt with vanilla extract n splenda and fruit n toast ect
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Savory Goodness!
    Sautéed Spinach & Beans

2 cups frozen chopped spinach in medium pot, add 2 Tbsp water. Boil. (ETA: then turn down heat and simmer)
    When spinach is warmed and wilted, add: 3/4 cup (homemade) beans, 1 slice onion - chopped. Heat through. Let water boil off.
    Before serving, add 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese.

5g fat
    81g carbs
    52g fiber
    37g protein
    334 calories

Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms. My homemade beans have lots of spices and garlic. This breakfast is very satisfying. This takes the same amount of time as cooking oatmeal. Sometimes I use less beans and add an egg on top! ;) Bon Appétit! ????
  • rmcolorado
    Options
    If no body has mentioned this yet...add a tablespoon ( or half that) of peanut butter to your oatmeal when it's hot and mix it in. Or smear some peanut butter on your pancakes.
  • dennib2
    dennib2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I regularly make pancakes...1 egg, 2 tbsp flax meal, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda and a little water or milk to thin a bit. Add whatever spices and fruit you want (I regularly do frozen berries and allspice, but apples or nectarines and cinnamon is also very good). Makes one serving of 3 small pancakes (easier to turn). I put about 1 tbsp of maple syrup in dish and dip (rather than pour over) to avoid using too much. I quite often do this around 8am and find that I'm not hungry again until 1 or 2.
  • punimsma
    punimsma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying the Special K Nourish Hot Cereal
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you'd eat at any other time of day. I've had leftover dinner for breakfast a lot of times.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I do tuna for breakfast or a protein shake
  • middleton110
    middleton110 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for sure. Some nut butter (pb, almond, etc.) and some milk makes it tasty and filling. Cinnamon is must, imo. If you're more of a savory breakfast type, try spices and mushrooms, or turkey bacon crumbles (or nutritional yeast if you have some).

I personally find protein powder in my oatmeal disgusting. I've tried a lot of different types and it all just makes the taste weeeeird.

Alternatively, try cooking another (pseudo) grain into a porridge overnight in a crockpot (we've done barley, quinoa, wheat groats and semolina) to prevent the "dear God not oatmeal again" feeling.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    breakfast food doesnt need to be anything in particular.. just dont eat something that you know makes you lethargic... stop conforming to societal norms and have something you want

/thread
  • ChristinaKY
    ChristinaKY Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can actually put the egg (or egg whites) into your oatmeal as it finishes cooking? The heat cooks the egg and since it is all mixed in with the oatmeal, you don't even taste it and it doesn't really change the texture of the oatmeal. I have tried a smaller version of this recipe for pumpkin spice oatmeal with egg whites mixed in several times and I loved it. Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal/
    The others' suggestions were great too, but I just thought if you wanted a way to still include eggs in your breakfast diet, this was a great fix for you since you like oatmeal!
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like a whole wheat english muffin with cream cheese and turkey bacon. Turkey sausage is amazing. I think it tastes just like pork sausage. I always try to eat a cup of fruit with my breakfast to help fill me up. Oats with berries and honey. Oats with almonds. Sometimes I do a smoothie but too much yogurt taste kind of makes me gag. I agree that egg beaters have a different taste than eggs.
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat a turkey sandwich almost every morning for breakfast.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bar or Power Bar every weekday for me. Hard to beat the convenience factor. I buy them when they're on sale, or in bulk.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast foods are oatmeal w/ frozen fruit (add while it's piping hot & they defrost, leaking yummy juices into the oats) or high-protein granola w/ yogurt (& sometimes fruit or honey). Yum!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast burrito with tofu, black beans, cheddar, red peppers, tomato, salsa and chili powder. I make the filling on Sunday, then in the mornings, I just scoop some on a whole wheat tortilla and pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes.

I also like to have smoothies made with whey protein isolate, almond milk, and frozen fruit. If you prefer fresh fruit, you can add some ice or a banana to thicken it up.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with walnuts and raw apple. That's my go to. Lacking in protein a bit though but keeps you energized.

On the topic of eggs, for the longest time I couldn't stomach them either. At all. The smell just... ick. But lately if I just use egg whites it seems more tolerable. With a TON OF SPICES. Just parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, what ever. Seems to help. Just an idea that's worked for me.