Um. I just ate a tub of ice cream and need help

Options

Replies

• happysummerrunner
    happysummerrunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am an ice cream addict. I buy regular old full fat, full calorie ice cream sandwiches at 150 cals/each. The fact they are individually wrapped= portion control...if I want soft serve, I hit up mcds, again, portion control and no chance of eating 6 servings...just a thought.

Awesome idea here, thanks!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Have you seen these? You can find them in most grocery stores, they're perfect little single serving ice creams, and you don't have to feel guilty for eating the whole tub ;-)

Edys-Ice-Cream1.png
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually usually pretty good about control. It's been over a year since I've started this whole journey and I have not once done something like this. As far as everyone mentioning the food scale...I do have one, I just don't understand how one would measure ice cream...I mean my cup that I put the ice cream in weighs something, so how would I gage it w/ice cream inside?

Put the cup or bowl in the scale and then reset the scale to zero. THEN add the ice cream or whatever.
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want to suggest something different: stop eating the ice cream. You say you've been eating it for three weeks now. Obviously you are not in control of your bingeing behavior when it comes to ice cream. THrow away any ice cream in your house right now, and don't buy more.

Otherwise, you will just go right on negotiating and measuring and bargaining with yourself and giving yourself "treats" and telling yourself you're "maintaining," but the bad habits will creep back on. Soon you won't be measuring.

Get over this bump in the road and MOVE ALONG your road to fitness, you will be much happier if you just get the monkey off your back! Good luck!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Someone probably already said this, but get an electronic scale. It makes it so much easier, more accurate, and you dirty less dishes. ;) Don't sweat it though. Remember, it takes 3,500 calories to gain 1lb of fat. You're good. ;)
  • JuliaJimenez007
    JuliaJimenez007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but treats are reserved for special occasions especially when trying to lose weight. Oatmeal a la mode is a sign that you may have lost sight of that. I have stopped the "treats" because a beloved friend told me that I am not a dog, and should not reward myself with food. I wish you much success, and I also advise a scale. Measuring cups are liars. Goodwill always seems to have a bunch, and are wicked cheap. Be well.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually usually pretty good about control. It's been over a year since I've started this whole journey and I have not once done something like this. As far as everyone mentioning the food scale...I do have one, I just don't understand how one would measure ice cream...I mean my cup that I put the ice cream in weighs something, so how would I gage it w/ice cream inside?

The nutritional info has the serving size in grams. Usually 28g per serving of ice cream. Just set your scale to measure in grams. :D Also, you do not need to stop eating ice cream, as long as you are able to eat it in moderation and fit in your calorie goal. I know it sounds crazy, but I seem to lose more when I eat ice cream.
  • JuliaJimenez007
    Options
    Wow, your dad is a ****.
  • JuliaJimenez007
    Options
    :smile:
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I want to suggest something different: stop eating the ice cream. You say you've been eating it for three weeks now. Obviously you are not in control of your bingeing behavior when it comes to ice cream. THrow away any ice cream in your house right now, and don't buy more.

How is she binging? She inaccurately measured her ice cream, that isn't a binge. And eating it every day for three weeks isn't a binge either, as she's clearly trying to be very careful about making it fit into her calorie goal.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    As long as you can control your portions, you can eat what you want and lose weight, as long as it is within your calorie goal. ;) I'm living proof. I still shoot for eating 80% healthy. I find that if I have a nice treat everyday, it keeps me from binging, because I don't feel deprived. :) Everyone has their own way that works for them. Keep up the good work OP! :)))
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but treats are reserved for special occasions especially when trying to lose weight. Oatmeal a la mode is a sign that you may have lost sight of that. I have stopped the "treats" because a beloved friend told me that I am not a dog, and should not reward myself with food. I wish you much success, and I also advise a scale. Measuring cups are liars. Goodwill always seems to have a bunch, and are wicked cheap. Be well.

I have ice cream every day, and always have. I don't think of it as a treat, I just think of it as food. Assuming a person is able to measure out a portion and eat only that, and assuming that same person is eating a nutrient dense diet with an appropriate number of calories, it's not a problem.
  • juliejohns94
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Just log it, and move on. Tomorrow's a brand new day! Be encouraged!
  • Vorpal_Sword
    Vorpal_Sword Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I have ice cream every day, and always have. I don't think of it as a treat, I just think of it as food. Assuming a person is able to measure out a portion and eat only that, and assuming that same person is eating a nutrient dense diet with an appropriate number of calories, it's not a problem.

This is solid truth.
  • RissyChris
    Options
    There are some serious issues going on around here.

care to elaborate?

Just been following your posts today. You've gotten some good advice and information.

ah ok. sorry if i sounded catty at all for a moment there. i just didn't genuinely understand what you meant. i'll agree some of the info is great but some people read like 1/2 the question and it gets annoying when their answers are wayyy off
  • RissyChris
    Options
    I can't believe your dad just goes and breaks your food scales. That's so disrespectful of you and what you're trying to accomplish. Don't get mad at the answers here. They are well-intentioned posts from people who are walking the same path.

yeah i know its just some of the answers are so ridiculous like 'move out' or people who keep saying to get a scale when i can't
  • RissyChris
    Options
    When you graduate college and have a job and are able to move out, invite your parents over and don't let them eat anything without it being weighed on the food scale.

For now, just do the best you can and move on. Work with the antiquated food scale your mom has and just go light in the cup the next time you buy that brand.

this
  • RissyChris
    Options

This is solid truth.

hahah agreed. AND FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME RIGHT NOW. I"M ONLY SAYING THIS ONCE AND I"M NOT RESPONDING TO MORE STUPID ANSWERS ABOUT GETTING A SCALE OR NEVER HAVING FOOD I LIKE IN MY HOUSE:

I have been weighing and maintaining with eating ice cream EVERY WEEK for about a month now, ok?! I'm not 'keeping it out of the house' because of once brand that was hard to measure. i learned from the stupid mistake, ok? i'm moving on and hell, if i want ice cream tomorrow, you know what? i'm gonna measure it correctly and eat it if it fits within my goals! so stop saying I'm some kind of mentally inept animal that stuffs sweets in my face with no self control. i've just MISMEASURED. i thought it was under what it was, i never would have eaten so much if i knew it was so much. but now i know. AND IM DONE WITH THIS. BYE>
  • RissyChris
    Options

How is she binging? She inaccurately measured her ice cream, that isn't a binge. And eating it every day for three weeks isn't a binge either, as she's clearly trying to be very careful about making it fit into her calorie goal.

omg i love you yes thank you i was measuring it. i just MIS-measured it.
  • RissyChris
    Options
    As long as you can control your portions, you can eat what you want and lose weight, as long as it is within your calorie goal. ;) I'm living proof. I still shoot for eating 80% healthy. I find that if I have a nice treat everyday, it keeps me from binging, because I don't feel deprived. :) Everyone has their own way that works for them. Keep up the good work OP! :)))

THANK YOU