Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I read through quite a few of the posts and looked at almost all of the pictures and watched the infomercial. What I noticed is that there didn't seem to be anyone over ~35 years old. Supposedly any physical shape or age can do this but I don't see anything to support this.

I'm a 58 year old female and have run for the last 30 years, marathons, halves, you name it so I know what hard work is. I've completely fallen off the wagon and need something just shy of foolproof to get me going again. Could this work for the older generation?

I believe 2 of the guys in the videos are 41 and 45? I'm 42 and love it.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm still in Alpha,. but so far I prefer T25 to Insanity. With Insanity, the workouts were longer, so I would find myself tending to pace myself to try to get through the whole thing with as few breaks as possible. I'm an asthmatic, so my stamina isn't as great as I would like.

But with T25 being a shorter workout, I'm able to really push myself with each segment. I finally feel like I'm really WORKING.

I still add in other cardio throughout the week to hit the burn I desire, since I'm burning a lot less than with Insanity. But I'm cheerfully kicking my own butt every day and not feeling like I'm just phoning it in with this routine.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm still in Alpha,. but so far I prefer T25 to Insanity. With Insanity, the workouts were longer, so I would find myself tending to pace myself to try to get through the whole thing with as few breaks as possible. I'm an asthmatic, so my stamina isn't as great as I would like.

But with T25 being a shorter workout, I'm able to really push myself with each segment. I finally feel like I'm really WORKING.

I still add in other cardio throughout the week to hit the burn I desire, since I'm burning a lot less than with Insanity. But I'm cheerfully kicking my own butt every day and not feeling like I'm just phoning it in with this routine.

I agree with that, I need more on a regular basis, but I hit it hard when i do the 25 and know from how I feel that I had a great workout. It's like when I ran, I might run slower for an hour or fast for 30, both were good workouts. I think if I were younger, this might be enough cardio, but after 50, I add some a few days a week.
  • SoCalWendy
    SoCalWendy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I am just starting week 3 of Focus T25 Alpha and so far I've seen incredible results! Mind you, I started off the program about 197 lbs and now I'm 14 lbs lighter! Clothes are fitting better, my legs are tighter especially in my thighs, my stomach has gotten more or less flat, butt has gotten higher, and my arms are looking more defined. I was also able to locate a PDF version of the T25 diet and nutrition book so if you want a copy of that please message me! Before T25 I did a little exercise here and there, mostly just cardio in the form of mountain biking and elliptical. I love it even though it kicks my butt and I still look like a baby deer learning how to walk during some of the moves. I primarily follow the modified version since I have back problems and live on the second floor of an apartment so I don't want to disturb my downstairs neighbors. :flowerforyou: you can do it! Keep it up
  • chuckyoung9
    Options
    I'm in Week 2 of T-25 Beta. I've lost 19 lbs, but keep in mind I hadn't exercised in a few years prior to starting T-25. Based on the various exercise programs I've tried over the years, I think T-25 works really well for those of us who haven't been very active. It's almost a beginner's program. Those of you who are already in decent shape... I doubt this will take you to the next level. But it's great for people who have decided to stop being a couch potato!!
  • jeremyhernandez0923
    Options
    hello everyone, My beautiful wife and I are about to end Week 4 of Alpha and we have lost a total of 10 pounds between us and 6 inches as well. we only measure every other week but this is a great change for our life.
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm currently of week 4 of T25. I love following a schedule and doing a different exercise everyday. But I don't have access to a gym, so I bought this. No regrets so far except that it has too many lunges and squats. Now squats I love, but I had a knee injury several yrs ago and when I do the lunge progressions, my knees start acting up again. I've decided to skip those from now on and just do squats in their place.

Feel free to add me if you're doing t25 too!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I replace a couple too. I did 180 jumps instead of squat jumps yesterday. Certain angles bother my knee but if you keep moving and keep s similar intensity it's fine.
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    T25 is all cardio right? I have heard that shaun ts workouts are more physically tiring than p90x. I am on week 5 of p90x3 and i like the full body routine. When i finish my 90 days, im not sure if i want to do doubles or do t25 and p90x3. I would do a highly modified t25 until i get used to it so im not too tired.

Is my assessment of t25 and shaun t accurate?
  • Annaix
    Annaix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the third day of the Alpha Phase, obviously I haven't really seen any results. However, I do feel the sensation of my muscles getting stronger, it definitely will kick anyone's butt in terms of cardio.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Finished Beta today! I will post my final stats tomorrow if people are interested… I'm continuing on with Gamma, so I don't really feel like I'm done with the program, but I do feel accomplished!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    T25 is all cardio right? I have heard that shaun ts workouts are more physically tiring than p90x. I am on week 5 of p90x3 and i like the full body routine. When i finish my 90 days, im not sure if i want to do doubles or do t25 and p90x3. I would do a highly modified t25 until i get used to it so im not too tired.

Is my assessment of t25 and shaun t accurate?

I haven't done any of Tony's workouts so I can't really speak to the differences between the two trainers specifically, but I guess I'm not entirely sure what "more physically tiring" means. From what I've seen of P90X3, it looks pretty physically tiring! If you mean that Shaun T's workouts tend to be more cardio-heavy, then i think that's true from what I've experienced and heard about Tony's.
  • jas16
    jas16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    T25 is more cardio with moderate toning body weight stuff. P90 is going to give you more weightlifting and less cardio. I am trying to do T25 with a couple of days of P90x mixed in (chest, arms, back lifting) and also some additional cardio on the treadmill. It takes little more time and sometimes I don't get everything done that I want but I can feel/see the changes already after less than 2 weeks.

Example of this week: Saturday - 6.2 mile run; Sunday - T25 Cardio & P90 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps; Monday - T25 Speed 1.0 and 4 miles Treadmill; Tuesday - T25 Total Body P90 Back & Biceps; Wednesday - TM 5 miles; Thursday T25 Ab Intervals (planned to do Core Synergistics but didn't have time); Today T25 Lower Focus & T25 Cardio.

I am going to try and do something along those lines through the month and see what happens.
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome results everyone ... I plan on starting this Monday, March 9.
  • piccola1406
    piccola1406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I couldn't believe how unfit i was :-S I hope i can keep up... even though it's just 25 min, by min 10 i was already doing just the modifier.
  • Rose0705
    Rose0705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 46 and I just started week 3 of alpha. I really, really like the 25 minute workouts, they work really well for me, I work all day and have a fairly long commute, and the 25 minute routines still give me time to make a good dinner. I have to do a mix of keeping up and following the modifier as I have not worked out in almost 3 years.But I am really liking it, different exercise every day keeps it interesting I feel the difference and my clothes feel better already but the scale hasn't changed yet, I am hoping that when it does it will be a good loss I have 33 lbs to lose and would love it if most if not all was gone by summer. Fingers crossed, good luck to us all!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing T25 (second time through the Alpha phase so on our 10th week) I have lost almost 26 lbs and he has lost almost 30 lbs. We are moving to Beta next week which I am kinda excited for.
    We eat healthy and do a decent amount of walking in combination with the program but it really works and with it only being 25 minutes its so easy to fit into our daily life. Plus even with my joint issues and the modifications I do I still am feeling the burn at the end. I even got a couple of my co-workers to give it a try :smile: plus they see my results so they are all over trying it out.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing T25 (second time through the Alpha phase so on our 10th week) I have lost almost 26 lbs and he has lost almost 30 lbs. We are moving to Beta next week which I am kinda excited for.
    We eat healthy and do a decent amount of walking in combination with the program but it really works and with it only being 25 minutes its so easy to fit into our daily life. Plus even with my joint issues and the modifications I do I still am feeling the burn at the end. I even got a couple of my co-workers to give it a try :smile: plus they see my results so they are all over trying it out.

Wow awesome results. Congrats to both of you. I am dreading moving up to Beta myself. I'm only in the second week of Alpha and it's quite a challenge. Can't imagine it getting harder.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any reviews, but I haven't looked for any. All I know is that it feels to me like most of the people I know have and are doing this workout program, and everyone that I've talked to who is, loves it. My one friend said he lost 6 pounds in the first week just with the program and no dieting.

14877786.png
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Wow awesome results. Congrats to both of you. I am dreading moving up to Beta myself. I'm only in the second week of Alpha and it's quite a challenge. Can't imagine it getting harder.

Thanks! its been hard work but so worth it!! :D I still have a way to go on my overall goal but this has been a wonderful start.

I was dreading Beta to start off which is why we did Alpha twice, I was so sore the first couple weeks it was crazy.
    Now that we are on our second time through Alpha I am feeling more ready for Beta, however once we start we shall see how it goes lol from what I have watched it looks pretty crazy.