Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• ladyy_88
    ladyy_88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi :) I'm new here and I just wanted to say I really like your results. Tomorrow I'm starting week 3 (alpha). hope there will be some results. I need to lose aprox 12 lbs.
    good luck :)
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. :) I went from insanity to p90X and now T25. I realized how much I missed Shaun T! p90X is a great workout, don't get me wrong.... but Shaun T keeps me inspired!
  • allysonburke2
    allysonburke2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. :) I went from insanity to p90X and now T25. I realized how much I missed Shaun T! p90X is a great workout, don't get me wrong.... but Shaun T keeps me inspired!
    Couldn't agree with you more! I cant workout with Tony, he annoys me!!!
  • allysonburke2
    allysonburke2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm interested in buying the Focus T25 dvd and I've done some research on Youtube but i can only seem to find coach/trainer reviews where the dvd is also being sold.

I like the idea of 25 mins - i currently do level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning before work so 25 mins works for me!

Has anyone on MFP done Focus T25 and what would your review be?

Thanks for any responses in advance!! xxx
    [/quote

I can help you with that!! you can order it here from beach body. Send me a message if you need any help :-)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Please excuse the error in posting, but I am new to this forum and to blogs in general. I saw the infomercial last night and after reading everyone's comment I am seriously considering this program. My knees can't take high impact like they used to and I see that modifications are shown on the Alpha routines, but are modifications also shown for Beta?

Yes, modifications are the entire workout. Even Gamma has it.

Gamma don't have it.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Gamma does have modifications on all but one the Speed 3.0. You can't modify all exercises in them but Tanya is modifying some of the jumping ones and push ups.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more! I cant workout with Tony, he annoys me!!!

Yes! I didn't hate p90X, but Tony.... he just tries too hard? Shaun T is just more "real" to me if that makes sense! Maybe because I liked him on facebook and he admits his flaws to the world, too. And he admits he hides thin mints in his closet. LOL!
  • stortora00
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your results and opinions. I just finished JM Body Revolution and lost 12 lbs and about 10 inches total. I just bought T25 (not from bb) and am anxious to start. I feel much stronger after BR, but still need to shred more fat. I know diet is a major part of that, so will focus more on diet with T25. I'm a bit nervous that there is no weight training in the Alpha phase. Anyone have recommendations on how/what to add in or should I not stress about it?
  • Couchpotato321a
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing your results and opinions. I just finished JM Body Revolution and lost 12 lbs and about 10 inches total. I just bought T25 (not from bb) and am anxious to start. I feel much stronger after BR, but still need to shred more fat. I know diet is a major part of that, so will focus more on diet with T25. I'm a bit nervous that there is no weight training in the Alpha phase. Anyone have recommendations on how/what to add in or should I not stress about it?

Go straight to Beta.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ok, here is a very honest review. I own both Insanity and P90x, by DH has done both, God love him, but I was hit by a car and was stuck in a wheel chair for a while.
    From my accident I also suffered from necrotizing fasciitis. (the flesh eating bacteria) and am now permanently missing 20% of my right leg, which is held together by skin grafts from my left leg... yeah think Frankenstein. :)
    I also do not have 60 minutes a day. T25 was perfect as it was 25 minutes a day and has Tanya (my life saver) as a modifier.
    Mind you I could not do 2 jumping jacks between my bum leg and lack of cardio. (yeah that bad of shape).
    That said...
    I am currently on week 4 day 3 of the Alpha program. I do about 75% modified and even need to use the situp pad to cushion my leg/knee for the pathetic attempt at the pushups... but I am working the entire 25 minutes.
    I am seeing progress. I can almost balance on one leg now during the cool down. I could not during week 1.
    I did not start T25 for weight loss (though I have about 40 lbs to lose) but to get back into shape and build some basic strength back. I believe I am doing this.
    I feel I will probably have to do the Alpha/Beta 4 or 5 cycles before I am ready for Gamma, but that is my ultimate goal.
    Although my weight by pounds is about the same my body fat has dropped 4%. I have a scale that measure it and although I know they are not as accurate as the calipers I am simply looking at the total difference.
    So in 4 weeks I have increased balance and I can actually do the burpies now, plus I am up to 8 jumping jacks (though not as fast as Shaun T)... Can't wait to see where I am after 10 weeks.
    I hope to move to Beta at week 6 but will have to let my body decide.

I have also motivated 5 co-workers to start T25 :)

If I can do this anyone can.

I have 4 words for you.

Just Keep Hitting Play.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options

There are pushups in the full body.... it's not exactly weight training but it will work your shoulders and chest...
  • Beth_cing
    Options
    I just did the whole 5 weeks of Alpha & finished week 1 of Beta today and so far no weight loss yet :(
  • PCradledeSilva
    PCradledeSilva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought the program and just finished my 2nd week of the Alpha cycle. I love the 25 minutes a day. It can be tough at times. One Friday you do two workout so it 50 minutes. But I have lost inches and some weight as I am doing it in conjunction with Shakeology. I am about to order the Gamma cycle so I can add that in during the last two weeks of the Beta cycle when I get there. Love Shaun T!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It is okay - don't love it. The modifier is off he screen too much, and I modify. It is also way too fast. I spend more time trying to catch up with the moves. I workout 6 days a week, all cardio, and love Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body and to be honest most workout last from 30-45 mins so this 28 mins (25 + 3 for cool down) is really no big change, just lots of hype. All in all it is decent but I'm not buying this one.

:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Ok, here is a very honest review. I own both Insanity and P90x, by DH has done both, God love him, but I was hit by a car and was stuck in a wheel chair for a while.
    From my accident I also suffered from necrotizing fasciitis. (the flesh eating bacteria) and am now permanently missing 20% of my right leg, which is held together by skin grafts from my left leg... yeah think Frankenstein. :)
    I also do not have 60 minutes a day. T25 was perfect as it was 25 minutes a day and has Tanya (my life saver) as a modifier.
    Mind you I could not do 2 jumping jacks between my bum leg and lack of cardio. (yeah that bad of shape).
    That said...
    I am currently on week 4 day 3 of the Alpha program. I do about 75% modified and even need to use the situp pad to cushion my leg/knee for the pathetic attempt at the pushups... but I am working the entire 25 minutes.
    I am seeing progress. I can almost balance on one leg now during the cool down. I could not during week 1.
    I did not start T25 for weight loss (though I have about 40 lbs to lose) but to get back into shape and build some basic strength back. I believe I am doing this.
    I feel I will probably have to do the Alpha/Beta 4 or 5 cycles before I am ready for Gamma, but that is my ultimate goal.
    Although my weight by pounds is about the same my body fat has dropped 4%. I have a scale that measure it and although I know they are not as accurate as the calipers I am simply looking at the total difference.
    So in 4 weeks I have increased balance and I can actually do the burpies now, plus I am up to 8 jumping jacks (though not as fast as Shaun T)... Can't wait to see where I am after 10 weeks.
    I hope to move to Beta at week 6 but will have to let my body decide.

I have also motivated 5 co-workers to start T25 :)

If I can do this anyone can.

I have 4 words for you.

Just Keep Hitting Play.

Wow, what a story you have! Congrats on making it through all that you have and staying strong through it all. That is amazing! :drinker:
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    should i be nervous? doin day 1 when i come from work.

been walkin around, doin some circuit trainin... but that will be my first programm ill follow after surgery....yes i am nervous ahhahaha
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck and HAVE FUN! I enjoyed the workouts and gained some good definition. It seems really fast paced at first, but you will get it sooner than you think.
  • 4voglewedes
    4voglewedes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where's the most reasonable place to purchase it?
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would find a beachbody coach in your area. There are a ton of knock offs out there. I have heard of lots of people buying from "other" sources only to find out they bought blank dvd's. Hard to return an illegally made knock-off. Sometimes coaches run a special here and there. No....I am not a coach.
  • neonhorn22
    Options
    I'm currently doing week 3 of beta and so far, I've seen some pretty good results. I lost 15 lbs in the alpha phase and over 16 inches total. In beta, I lost 3 more lbs, kicking my weight loss up to 18 lbs. totaly, and now have over 20+ inches of loss. My starting weight was 213 and I'm currently sitting at 195. I've also dropped 2 sizes: went from a 20W to a 16.

I do really like the workouts because they are only 25 minutes long. And, I've made better food choices. I'm eating cleaner and using MFP to track my caloric intake, which I keep around 1300 - 1400 calories.

After beta, I think I'll give gamma a try and then probably repeat the entire series again.