Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Replies

• sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Diet?
  • benjaminasnow
    benjaminasnow Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Linsey-

I don't know if my opinion is unbiased but I just came across your post while tweaking my web post on the same topic in a google search. Looks like the topic has been beaten to death, but I loved T25! Just finished up a couple of days ago.

Here's my review and journey of my results that I used in tandem with MFP and the meal plan:

http://coloradofitbody.com/?p=2181

Good luck, and please friend me here on MFP!

Ash
  • benjaminasnow
    benjaminasnow Posts: 2 Member
    [SORRY APPEARS I REPLIED TO THE WRONG THREAD ON THIS ONE]

(This is in reply to the gal who has been giving it her all, lost 30lbs and hasn't lost weight)

I have actually written an article on this topic. I hope you have found a way to reach through the plateau... Either way it looks like you've dropped 30lbs over all! GOOD JOB!

Here's my take on your question and concern:

http://coloradofitbody.com/?p=2137

Ash
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    i'd say any workout put out buy beach body is worth doing.

in my experince your results will always be 90% or more based on what you eat more so then what you do. Especially when it comes to burning fat.

i'm sure its a spectacular program, but i wouldn't expect it to be magically more effective then pretty much an other super high intensitity 30 min of exercise thats reasonably intelligently put together.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Is anyone following the diet to a "T" too? no pun intended! :flowerforyou:
    Not following the diet; but using it as a guide some days. I am going to make the Qunoa patties.. I can't lose weight on only 1200 calories a day; I tried that and it didn't work. I eat 2000 calories a day and it's been helping.

does the guide tell you to eat 1200????
  • No_Finish_Line

safer then what?

my mother does slim in 6. i ordered through beach body, and one of the discs did not work. they replaced it, and after the warrantee was up... it stopped working again.

they wanted another 20 bucks to replace the disks so i just got it from a torrent sight instead. I've heard stories that workouts you get off of peer to peer sights may be missing parts, but my mother said the disc was completely different. I mean it was still Debbie Severs and they were still doing generally the same kind of exercise, but it was an entirely different cast as a different location.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    I like that it's only 25 minutes, but it is hard work. I have noticed that some people did Insanity/p90x and are going to do another round of them....Makes me wonder, then if it really works:/ If one finished insanity or p90x, shouldn't they be done with that; do they look like the after pictures in the informercials? If I did Insanity, I don't think I would want to do that again, LOL:)

People do more than one round of these programs because you don't always acheive the results you want from the frist go, and/or you like the program. I did P90x when I was 230lbs, and by the end of the 90days I did not have six pack because well that is just impossible considering how big I was.I does work but you can't expect miracles and hope that once you have gotten the amazing body you see on the informercials that you can just stop wokring out and you can keep the body. I am almost there but what is ideal and what actually happens are two vey different things.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    I have just completed the alpha part of the program and I have lost 28 pounds. I am living proof that this program works. Just start Beta and am expecting the same results!!!
    would love to know what you ate on this program!!!:) I lost only 3 pounds and alot of inches. I am on day 2 of Beta today.

Losing inches is also good. Its what fits you into smaller clothes! :)
  • I'm a coach (though not active, atm) BUT I can give an unbiased review. I'll be upfront and real - I LOVED FocusT25, did one round, and loved my results but because I was within 3lbs. of a healthy body weight, my body is FIGHTING HARD to keep the weight on. It has nothing to actually do with the program itself. Right now I'm doing heavy lifting, and use the Speed and Core Speed (extra "network exclusive one they gave in the set) workouts on my cardio days. I love all of them, but just keep in mind if you're so close within that healthy weight range, it's all diet manipulation.
  • Is anyone following the diet to a "T" too? no pun intended! :flowerforyou:
    Not following the diet; but using it as a guide some days. I am going to make the Qunoa patties.. I can't lose weight on only 1200 calories a day; I tried that and it didn't work. I eat 2000 calories a day and it's been helping.

does the guide tell you to eat 1200????

The "5 Day Fast Track" guide is for 5 days only, which is what this person is probably referring to. Which is only supposed to be used for...5 days! I don't agree with this AT ALL b/c once you start eating more calories, it will come back. The 5 day fast track actually only has 1100 calories a day if you look more closely, and add them all up.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Finished Focus T25 and here are my results:

Bust -.5 inches lost
    Arm +.5 inches gained
    Waist +.5 inches gained
    Hips 1 inch lost
    Thigh +.5 inches gained
    Weight 2 pounds gained

Waste of time. I did this in conjunction with another workout program. Looks like I wasted my entire summer. So very disappointing.
    Unless you run 100 miles per day, exercise cannot outdo a diet.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    I completed T25 this past week and am also a coach, however will give you an unbiased review. I believe this program is great for anyone pressed for time and/or need to lose fat. Like the others said, it is lots of cardio. I was doing Body Beast before T25 and ended up losing a lot of the muscle I had built. After the first phase, I started adding weight training back in and started feeling better. I feel the diet restrictions are low and 1200 is not enough for me. What I mainly got out of this program is increased speed and agility. Nothing wrong with that! But be careful! If your body isn't primed (making sure you have joint stability) you may get injured! This is fast paced and quick movements. You do not have to keep up with the people on the video, but it's hard to not want to, right?! So just be sure you have correct form and go at your own pace! Best of luck!
  • I'm beginning my last week of the first month and I lost 3 inches around my waist since starting. That's paired with eating 1200 calories a day from the first day. Not sure if that's anything compared to others but definitely seen a big difference in the mirror. Love it.
  • denisew424
    denisew424 Posts: 9 Member
    Any older, out of shape folks out there that are using T25? I am 53 years old and have not done anything in the way of fitness in a very long time. I love the idea of a 25 minute work out, and the commercial says that the modifications make the workout doable for people of all ages and fitness levels but I am wondering if it is really realistic for me. Any thoughts? Any suggestions for a program that might be better for me as I start out?

I am also 53 and am truly loving Focus T25!!! I am on week 4 and have really seen my endurance increase from the first week. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!! Come on, you can do it!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member

Bust -.5 inches lost
    Arm +.5 inches gained
    Waist +.5 inches gained
    Hips 1 inch lost
    Thigh +.5 inches gained
    Weight 2 pounds gained

Waste of time. I did this in conjunction with another workout program. Looks like I wasted my entire summer. So very disappointing.

Sorry you didn't have the results you wanted, you don't say what your nutrition was. I lost 6.5 inches during the Alpha phase and entire pant size eating 1,600 calories. Though I'm still the same weight I was when I started, I can tell that I'm getting leaner, which is something I've always wanted, but for some reason had a hard time achieving even when I was a runner and triathlete. Right now, I'm on week 3 of Beta phase, and still losing inches. My boss was so impressed with my results so far that he's decided to order it.
  • Finished Focus T25 and here are my results:

Bust -.5 inches lost
    Arm +.5 inches gained
    Waist +.5 inches gained
    Hips 1 inch lost
    Thigh +.5 inches gained
    Weight 2 pounds gained

Sorry you didn't have the results you wanted, you don't say what your nutrition was. I lost 6.5 inches during the Alpha phase and entire pant size eating 1,600 calories. Though I'm still the same weight I was when I started, I can tell that I'm getting leaner, which is something I've always wanted, but for some reason had a hard time achieving even when I was a runner and triathlete. Right now, I'm on week 3 of Beta phase, and still losing inches. My boss was so impressed with my results so far that he's decided to order it.

Are you sticking exclusively to T25?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    This is probably one of my favorite workout DVD's I've ever done. I am loving the results I'm getting. Seeing I'm typically at my goal weight, wouldn't mind losing another 10 lbs but I'm ok if I don't. I'm not dropping weight but I am dropping inches and pant sizes. I've already dropped a pant size from day one to now, and I'm on Week 8. I have muscles that are actually able to see without flexing them. I am very happy with my results and can't wait to take my after photo's.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member

Bust -.5 inches lost
    Arm +.5 inches gained
    Waist +.5 inches gained
    Hips 1 inch lost
    Thigh +.5 inches gained
    Weight 2 pounds gained

I do strength training twice a week, down from 3 times a week before T25, this is why I kept my calories at 1600, I also eat pretty clean (which I know is a dirty word around here). For 3 months before starting T25 I did strength training along with Turbo Fire and even though I was losing weight, I wasn't getting the "leaness" I'm getting now. To be honest I was surprised at these results since I wear an HRM and was barely burning 200 calories per workout, I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Finished Focus T25 and here are my results:

Bust -.5 inches lost
    Arm +.5 inches gained
    Waist +.5 inches gained
    Hips 1 inch lost
    Thigh +.5 inches gained
    Weight 2 pounds gained

I do strength training twice a week, down from 3 times a week before T25, this is why I kept my calories at 1600, I also eat pretty clean (which I know is a dirty word around here). For 3 months before starting T25 I did strength training along with Turbo Fire and even though I was losing weight, I wasn't getting the "leaness" I'm getting now. To be honest I was surprised at these results since I wear an HRM and was barely burning 200 calories per workout, I'm glad I stuck with it.

That is rather impressive. You should be proud!
  • This program is something I might REALLY be interested in... however I don't personally know anyone who has done it to ask this - how much SPACE do you need to complete the workout?

I have a fairly small living room and don't have more than let's say 10 sq feet of space MAX.

Does anyone know if you need a lot of room to perform the workouts?