Best pre-workout

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    COLD *kitten* SHOWER before you hit the gym.... works like you would not believe......

I much prefer nookie- much more fun.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    COLD *kitten* SHOWER before you hit the gym.... works like you would not believe......

I much prefer nookie- much more fun.

in…for pre-gym nookie...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    cellucor c4 fruit punch, does not make you jittery and tastes great

I just tried this flavor and it is a nice change to Blue Razz.
  • bahn517bo
    Options
    Bullnox Androrush, Muscle Pharm Assault, and Cellucor C4 are all quality pre-workouts.
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    Cellucor C4 Extreme for sure!!!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Food works quite well I've found.....
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I'm on an EC stack to cut the last few % to 10%. No way in hell I'll take it before an HIIT session and it really shouldn't be thought of as a PWO. I do not suggest anyone take an EC stack. Im just experimenting with it.

As far as PWO's, I've typically avoided them. I do notice that the focus can help my form and reps, but, perhaps its all psychological. I rarely take them, so, I have no bias in favor. When I do take it its usually my friend's C4 and perhaps its the competition (i usually lift solo) that makes me perform better (highly likely).

Im not a fan of PWO's for cardio and I'd save PWO's for difficult training days at max intensities (weights, NOT cardio)

Putting additional stress on your heart is not the wisest idea and these companies are notorious for putting all sorts of weird crap in there (DMAA for example)

ETA: I have no recommendation because the things I take could probably kill you if you weren't in the same condition as me and doing the same style of training.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If I am headed for the gym so early it is still dark I need to take a huge cup of willpower, honestly I cannot get out of bed without it. After work though that's different, willpower alone is not enough to get me there and get me through, so I get the boss to administer one big kick up the backside. On arrival, if I am still a bit sluggish when I get to the gym staff there are more than happy to give me a second dose. Be careful though, because 2 kick up the backsides mixed with the adrenaline rush of a 10 minute cardio warm up, may cause the user to enter beast mode and start lifting weights they had previously only dreamed of.
    Post workout, now that's my favourite topic, I always go for "calories" cannot seem to end the day without some, in fact I think I may be a little addicted :-)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    jack3d
    noxipro
    c4
    crack cocaine
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pump HD- no jitters!!