What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• goalie234
    goalie234 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies , my husband wanted to get some popcorn and cola . I refused not because i had to but i really didnt feel like it . There have been days in the past when i wanted it but stopped myself n, or when i did not want it but still had it because i was offered it .
    So that was a proud moment for me !
  • cdwwench
    cdwwench Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My proud moment was going to the gym (not blowing it off) and riding the bike for 15 miles rather than stopping at 10 miles (initial goal for today).
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I had another proud moment last night. When I was leaving work I still wanted that burger. I went to the grocery store and picked up a rotisserie chicken instead and had a few pieces with a green smoothie.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wanted a burger, chinese food, and a burrito all mixed together battered and deep fried. I had greek yogurt with peanut butter and chocolate chips instead and now find my previous craving kinda gross. BTW this is a great thread

haha that is awesome! Good job.

I like this thread too, it's uplifting (at least for me)

Thanks!
  • catylina71
    Options
    My proud moment today was when my nine year old daughter was preparing her breakfast this morning and checked the nutritional information for the correct serving size and measured it out. they do learn what they live. hopefully i am teaching her a healthy lifestyle.:smile:
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thats so good!

My proud moment this morning was reaching my first mini goal! I've lost 18 lbs and am rewarding myself with a massage!
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Today, the kids and dh had leftovers from a restaurant. Last night was my splurge meal for the week. I didnt eat the left overs. I ate my planned healthy meal! AND...Best part....i didnt care or feel deprived.
  • Reagan89
    Reagan89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I beat my very athletic boyfriend at squash for the first time ever, don't think he will go so easy on me next week lol.
  • Vessecora
    Vessecora Posts: 44
    Options
    I randomly decided to make chia seed and banana pudding for breakfast tomorrow the night before :D
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My guy and I went out to our favorite sidewalk café, open for the first time this season, so it was kind of a celebration. I ate what I had planned and didn't have a cow trying to decide whether to ask him to split some fries with me. Just moved on. :smile:
  • tjenkies
    tjenkies Posts: 4
    Options
    I walked/jogged my furthest distance today with 3.89 miles in 71 minutes. Faster and further than last week! :)
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i finished the giant task i had set out to do today. normally hubby does it for me, but i did it today. well.. i still have to clean up the mess i made from doing it, but thats the easy part. :)
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've had two proud moments today. The first was resisting the French Butter Crumb cake that is sitting on my counter (I had a Yoplait Light instead) and the second was a few minutes later when my mom asked me if I lost weight. It felt great to tell her that I had lost 3 lbs in my first week. Don't even ask me how I did that because I have no idea whatsoever.
  • watermelonwolf
    watermelonwolf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to the shop to get any candy, even though I was having a hangover haha.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I brought my onion seedlings down from the bedroom window sill to the outside greenhouse today now the weather is warmer.

Looking forward to including them in some nice healthy recipes this year.

Last year I would have been sitting playing computer games instead of gardening so I get to lose weight burning some extra calories as well!
  • pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went out jog/walking today for the first time in over a year and after gaining 50 lbs. Since running a half marathon two years ago. I remember why I enjoyed my peaceful walks.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Out-fished the old man for the first time in at least 5 years :D
  • LydiaBlanar
    Options
    I had lost 30 lbs last year, which at 41 was super tough, a lot harder than when I was 30. I got injured in the fall and I have been reluctant to get started again, worried to aggravate the injury. I gained 15lbs back and was feeling discouraged. Last week, when I found a small lump in my breast (It seems to have disappeared now) I decided to make better choices, "go down swinging". I worked out last week on a high and this morning, despite feeling ambivalent, I got up and went for it again. I have to remember how good it feels afterwards and how much better I seem to sleep. I have also noticed I don't crave eating junk or sugar. Hope I can stick to it and get healthier and back on track. Glad I did it and resisted the chocolate I have in the pantry..
  • LydiaBlanar
    Options
    Good job! I know how it feels. An excellent start :)
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I took the peach pie out of the fridge, got out a knife and stood poised above the pie ready to slice...and then said "NO!" and put it away.