What was your proud moment today?

Options
For me, today I was craving a soft taco from taco bell. I had enough room in my calories to get two!! I thought, sweet I'm going to get them after class. But after class I realized if I went through that drive thru, today I would not have the will power to NOT order the other things I want. I am only on day 4 of eating healthy/lower calories. So I went home instead and made a healthier snack. So my proud moment today was having the will-power to not go to taco bell and acknowledging my behavior!

Replies

• ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Today, my proud moment was just getting up to a quiet, sleepy house instead of cuddling in with my husband. I live in Cape Town, South Africa; which normally boasts 300 days of sunshine and the most glorious summers. But today, it was rainy, dark, and gloomy when I woke up. I wanted nothing more than to just stay snuggling in with my hubby. But I got up. I put on my gym clothes and I did my cardio work-out.

So proud of myself.
  • SerenBunny
    Options
    My mom bought tea cakes yesterday. No one was in when I saw them, and I had plenty of room left that I could polish off a few of them- but I've went 7 days without any type of candy, I knew I could do this! (Had an orange instead lol) xx
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I went to bootcamp today and didn't use my weight as an excuse not to be able to do some things and just did them. So sore now but so proud of myself!!

Keep up the great work everyone :)
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit. My knee was getting sore 2/3 into my new running intervals program. I kept telling myself to suck it up I was almost done... and instead of dropping onto the rails I Just lowered my speeds a little and pushed through. I wanted to quit but I wouldn't let myself and I'm really proud of that.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I helped my husband shovel the driveway today. Normally I'd have just let him do it himself, lol :blushing: cuz I'm LAZY.

Got bundled up 3 times to take a shift at shoveling. Back is aching but I'm glad I did it.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Being able to shovel snow out if the driveway without getting winded. :)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I suspect I have been almost solely funding the office Christmas party every year. The social club sells chocolates and lollies to fund it. Prior to the Christmas and New Year break I was a frequent visitor on a daily basis to the chocolate and lolly box...goodness knows how much I spent per week.

Today was my second day back at work after holidays, and so far, I haven't spent a red cent on the chocolates and lollies and won't be going forward. The social club is going to have to find someone else to fund this year's Christmas party :)

By the way, great job everyone!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    proud moment from last night - i *didn't* give in to the extra food i wanted, and had my dinner and a fruit and that was it. so i woke up this morning and the scale was almost back to where i had been a few weeks ago (i had lost 24 lbs, then gained a few and got stuck, and now slowly working my way back to the "24 lbs" mark. almost there).

this morning - got my behind off the chair and out the door with plenty of time to walk to work. sometimes i just don't - i read, drink another cup of coffee, do some chores, and then - oops! too late to walk! have to take the bus! so, this week, so far, i've been good.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Fitting into a pair of jeans with a number on the label I can't recall ever having worn as an adult!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit. My knee was getting sore 2/3 into my new running intervals program. I kept telling myself to suck it up I was almost done... and instead of dropping onto the rails I Just lowered my speeds a little and pushed through. I wanted to quit but I wouldn't let myself and I'm really proud of that.

No offense but you shouldn't really be pushing through potential injuries all in the name of getting to the end of a workout. It might be that I'm interpreting your comments though so i apologise if that is the case.

For me my proudest moment is breaking my PR for 100m in the pool this morning. 1.42 . Finally starting to feel like the fish I want to be.
  • CardinalKoolaid
    CardinalKoolaid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Resisting the craving I had for something sugary and sweet and having a carrot instead. I knew that if I gave in and had something else, even though I had enough calories, I wouldn't have the will power in the future to pull through it.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congrats all!

Today I finished Run 1 Week 9 of the C25K so I have run for the longest time OF MY LIFE at 30mins. Also, added bonus that with cool down and warm up of 5 mins each I managed to cover 9.7kms in 46mins 31secs. Slow for some I know but I am extremely pleased!

Good luck tomorrow everyone :-)
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm so proud of everyone! reading these this morning really motivated me to do really well again today!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I finally got back on track and did a 2mile walk.
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My face looked thinner in the mirror today. Visible difference with just 3-4lb weight loss!
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    Forcing myself to go running even though I reaaaally couldn't be bothered :) Managed my full 30 minutes and feel great.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Realizing I have about 1/4 of a Terry's chocolate orange left from Christmas Day, which was nearly two weeks ago...even though I've been sharing segments of it with my husband!

That is a big deal to me because I've received a chocolate orange every year, didn't share with anyone, and it rarely lasted through Dec. 26th.
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    Realizing I have about 1/4 of a Terry's chocolate orange left from Christmas Day, which was nearly two weeks ago...even though I've been sharing segments of it with my husband!

That is a big deal to me because I've received a chocolate orange every year, didn't share with anyone, and it rarely lasted through Dec. 26th.

Those things are one of my favorite things about Christmas! Good job resisting! That and the chocolate cherry kisses...oh gawd. I used to work at Target and would buy bags and bags full of cherry kisses all the time during the season. This year, I only bought one bag! (and no longer work at Target).

Great job!
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    My proud moment of today was resisting the cookies at work! We put out cookies and muffins for guests at my work daily, and today I had to make sure it was replenished all day...seeing, smelling, and touching the cookies and muffins...they smelled so good! but I resisted even though I had to deal with them all day and I stuck to my meal plan!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just got home from running 7.5 miles straight. I've never done that before... definitely feeling proud! :happy: