What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Did my longest run ever: 16.2miles. And it was only about 10minutes longer than my 14.5 two weeks ago.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats! that's freaking amazing and you should feel super proud!
  • SCS2011
    Options
    I recorded my food for the first time! :smile:
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    The first nice comment I left on one of my friends logs. It set the tone for a very positive and rich day.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My proud moment today was to still be able to do my interval running workout after taking two months off from it!!!
    Feeling pretty powerful and happy about that. :happy:

No more long breaks for me!

21525558.png
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I fueled myself for the day and didn't get home both exhausted and famished.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ya know That moment when you pull out your (clean, you're positive) gym clothes, the only ones you have with you at the gym, and somehow they smell like they have been busy fornicating with dirty gym socks at the bottom of the gym bag... And you put them on anyway and GO TO IT. Yeah I had that moment today... Nothing will deter me from my goals dammit!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So amazing everyone! I think everyday there is something we can all find to be proud of, no matter how small the accomplishment!
  • SCS2011
    Options
    Awesome! I find the less sugar I eat the less I crave. Keep up the good work! :love:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I increased my 1RM for dead lift today. It's still not really high, but it was great for me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of proud that I didn't flake on taking my dogs for their afternoon walk, even though I was tired from upping my weights at the gym. :drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    legs were burning, lungs were burning and i wanted to give up and walk the last 2 laps instead of running. but i didnt. i kept running and did the complete laps , all the while reminding myself that those 2 laps were the ones that will make the difference
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your proud moments, its really inspiring!

I have been yo-yoing between using MFP, losing a little bit of weight, then stopping logging and gaining almost twice back, for the last year.

I have started again now, and am finding stronger motivation in the community on here (which I never joined before).

So my proud moment for today is that I am logging for a 3rd day straight :smile: with 3 days of exercise and NO sugary treats! :happy:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I lost 0.9lbs! :smile:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Great job, everybody.

I walked to work (1/2 mile) in minus 2 degree weather. Not much of a walk but it felt good to be moving outdoors (I wrapped my face up to keep my skin from freezing). Last year I made a commitment to walk to work instead of driving and love doing it.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I made a really yummy and healthy tea :) which everyone loved!
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pushing on.

I was determined to get back to 'real' exercise today (Started the new year sick, ugh). Ended up inviting a friend to join me, but he wasn't prepared for running, so we just walked for an hour...

After I left him at the car, I did a lap on the stairs (300). I had planned on more but with cold legs and numb feet it felt risky. I jogged back to the car..and then decided that felt good and ran up the hill. The cold air started getting to my lungs and with being newly recovered it was easy to make the excuse and cut the run at the stairs instead of the full 1.5 mile loop....but I didn't and ran back to the car.

Came home and did a short ab workout as well.

Now I think I'm going to make another proud decision and not finish the bottle of soda even though I've got enough calories.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I turned down a soda at a friend's house today!
  • debbibaldwin1
    debbibaldwin1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My proud moment today well yesterday 1/7/13 was getting my 13 year old son on the best Nutrition in the world Herbalife. I've got all of my family on it here in Florida now and we are all getting some amazing results. Can't wait til my son starts seeing and feeling his results so I can post them on my personal blog. I'm a proud mommy :)

Here is my personal blog and a post about Herbalife and the amazing results my mom, and I got along with a few others on my
    team. The post includes our success stories and before Herbalife and after starting our Nutrition Plans.

http://debrasdollars.blogspot.com/2013/12/before-and-after-herablife.html

I need to write another post because my husband, my oldest son, my dad, my sister, my nephew, and 2 of my neighbors started in late 2013 and have had amazing results as well. Woot! Woot! I'm helping others reach their health and wellness goals like I am 1 person at a time.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit. My knee was getting sore 2/3 into my new running intervals program. I kept telling myself to suck it up I was almost done... and instead of dropping onto the rails I Just lowered my speeds a little and pushed through. I wanted to quit but I wouldn't let myself and I'm really proud of that.

No offense but you shouldn't really be pushing through potential injuries all in the name of getting to the end of a workout. It might be that I'm interpreting your comments though so i apologise if that is the case.
    None taken and ty for the concern! Basically in my case, soreness is a good sign. It's more like, ok you're working me out a little harder then I'm used to and I feel the burn.... not.... an "omg holy major pain what did I just do" situation! I had major surgery following injury and had a mrsa complication so I was down a lot longer then I should have been. Choices right now are either going into a larger size ROM brace and I Really hate being in the robo knee, or doing an eval at 3 and 6 month marks with my weight loss to see if I can move to a PTO brace if I Do decide to do distance again or if I can just stay out of the brace period. Ortho agrees without doing my pt here at the house and pushing myself in the gym we don't have a full picture of where the knee is after going from full recovery to this out of shape spot I'm in now.