What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    Mine happened in my brain. Normally it takes no less than 3 shirt try ons a day to find the least objectionable outfit. I hated picking out clothes in the morning. This morning I suddenly thought, "I can pick whatever I want. They all fit or are too big now!!" So, I walked in and pulled out the first long sleeve shirt I found and I'm perfectly happy with it. :) Big step in my new relationship with my body.
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had planned out a no-count cheat breakfast this morning, and a few things happened. First, I didn't enjoy it at all even though I wholeheartedly tried, and I found myself craving a healthier breakfast instead. Second, I swore that I would make it a no-count breakfast as a treat, but I hated the thought of not counting the calories, so I logged it anyway. I've always struggled with sugary, carbohydrate laden cravings, so eating that pastry this morning and not really even liking the sweet taste or the flaky crust showed me that I've come a long way in changing my eating habits.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    When I did 50 pushups, and 100 each of squats, kicks, and lunges yesterday, posted it and no one made any comment, I congratulated myself, replied to my own post. I will encourage myself in the Lord, and not let the lack of support from others discourage me.
  • firespnr
    firespnr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • firespnr
    firespnr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Lord will humble us is many ways. Still I am inspired by your workout. Yesterday I decided that I wasn't hungry enough to workout. I have lots of work to do.
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    CJ, I love that idea! I'm going to start doing that as well!
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm at a normal BMI! Just barely...but yeah!
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of C25K.......
  • SerenBunny
    Options
    Proud moment today was walking through the shops. I had a sandwich this morning, then about...4 hours later went out. Walked past everything I didn't need, didn't grab any snacks or things I didn't need. Usually I spend a good £10-£20 on sweets xx
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyone's post is so inspirational!

Each day we're one step closer to our goal, maintaining our goal, and creating new goals and each achievement, big or small, is important!

Today I am proud of myself because I planned my whole day of food. I was a little nervous because it's my day off from work and I am home most of today studying. Being at home around food, it can be a temptation to overeat or look in the fridge when I am bored. But I feel better about the day knowing what I can and will eat today. Also...I'm gonna take a nice little walk today!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    My proud moment of the day was getting on the scale (weird- I know) for our "Biggest Loser" challenge at work and realizing how far I had come in the last 16 months. It has been a long haul, but I have lost 80lbs and significantly improved my overall health!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    These are all so good!

Feeling a little sleepy today and dragging a little because of the long day I had yesterday. My daughter had an eye exam and dermatology appointment. One office in Culver City and the other in Santa Monica, plus filling prescriptions etc. So far, had a healthy breakfast and feeling hungry but not really. I know it's the sleepiness that is telling me to EAT. I'm hanging on though, drinking my hot green tea and sipping some water.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Being the only woman (and a visibly pregnant woman, at that!) in the crowded weight room on my lunch break, and busting a sweat even though I didn't necessarily feel like hiting the gym in the first place!
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    Stepping on the scales and realising I haven't only managed to maintain my weight over the Christmas/New Year period after indulging a LOT, but I've also lot another pound!

I also went clothes shopping and I was fitting into UK size 8 dresses and tops, something I never thought would be possible for me, a former UK size 18 who could only dream of fitting into a size 8.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Got free lunch at work and didn't eat the big bakery cookie it came with.

And actually coming home and working out instead of putting on my pjs (so cold out and my pjs are warm)

Victory is ours! :-P
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Had to get a cortisone shot in my hand today.....I did't let the whole doctor's office know about it (I don't handle pain very well). :embarassed:
  • ChristianRW
    ChristianRW Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Came to a crossroads on my run, where i could take the short route being 5km, or the long one, 11km.
    I took the long one, and after having run about 200m i looked back, and felt so proud. :)

Reading about all of your proud moments is just delightful. Remembering these small moments, to me, matters so much.
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    Today I took a 3 mile, mostly uphill hike! Felt great and was beautiful!
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Over 4 years ago when i got my current job, i was handed a size 38 skirt (the largest size they had) and holding up this tiny skirt i informed them there was no way that it would fit me. They insisted i try it on, which ofcourse only served to prove my point (and add to my embrassement). They had a size 42 skirt made especially for me. On my way into work, i decided, just for the heck of it, to try the 38 skirt on. You cannot imagine how great i felt when the skirt fit!!! I was all smiles! i decided to wait a little while more before wearing it though, cos it pulls just a little, but still knowing that it fit made my day :happy:
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    That's amazing and I bet such a good feeling! keep up the great work!