What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• wanttobeskinny1212
    Options
    My mum washaving pizza. i had soup instead.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Making it back to the gym for the second day in a row after not setting foot in a gym for the past 2 years!!!
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Putting on an old favorite pair of size 12 pants for the first time in years. They're still just a bit too tight, but I'm wearing them today anyway. They have a high dork factor (polyester pants), but I don't care.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Saying no to a 2nd handful of 3 mini choc bars... (it's on my diary, view if u would like)
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good for you morethanthis0! Mine was going out for a walk, and not using the low temps as an excuse to pass on the exercise!
  • TXEXrunner
    Options
    Way to go Sharyn!
  • TXEXrunner
    Options
    Way to go wrenegade64!!
  • mguajardo73
    Options
    I was running late to work today, but decided to walk anyway instead of taking the car like I usually do when I'm running late.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sooo today my proud moment was making a whole day of healthy, filling, and delicious food while staying under my calorie goal! I mean, I made a bbq pizza that was 350 calories total for the whole pizza!

Recipe for this, please ... :)

1 Latortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Tortillas
    1.5 oz of light shredded mozzarella
    Red onion-chopped
    3 oz chicken (I use trader joe's already grilled frozen chicken...super easy)
    3 tbs of Jack Daniels Honey Smokehouse BBQ sauce...or any lower cal bbq sauce

Put sauce on first then chicken and onions, cheese on top and throw it in the oven @ 375 for 10-12 min.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!! Each little step closer to our goals is what counts!
    You all motivate me so much!
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not even being interested in the cakes in the office today, whereas normally i would be the one bringing them in :) and passing on the high calorie dinner my husband made, to stay under my calories, as want to see some good news on the scale in the next few days!
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't as great as all the ones on here but I am proud of myself nonetheless. I have made it to the gym for four days in a row, after not going other than once or twice in the last few years. I even managed to run for two (nonconsecutive) minutes. It's not much but it's a start and I am proud that I am actually doing it.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I subbed a Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout tonight for my planned workout (horseback riding) since it's snowing and the roads to the barn are crappy. I was so tempted to take the night off because I was feeling whiny and crampy, but worked out anyhow - and at higher intensity than I originally had planned. Feeling so much better! :smile:
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not buying the chocolate bar even tho it was soo temping, and I still had 30 minutes to wait until I could get home and get some food!! I made it home and got something proper for lunch ;)

Also yesterday's very proud moment, was the mushroom sauce I made! It was yummmm!
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't as great as all the ones on here but I am proud of myself nonetheless. I have made it to the gym for four days in a row, after not going other than once or twice in the last few years. I even managed to run for two (nonconsecutive) minutes. It's not much but it's a start and I am proud that I am actually doing it.

Good for you!! And your is definitely great!! :drinker:
  • peacelovehhs
    peacelovehhs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I passed by the pastries in the grocery store--which I REALLY wanted. But I asked myself what I wanted more, those pastries or tofeel better and live longer. Major step for me.:blushing:
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    After the phone rang, I got back on the eliptical instead of blowing it off.
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have 2 proud moments from the last few days that I hadn't had a chance to add yet.

First one, after I finished a hard workout before dinner I found out that my family were getting pizza for dinner. I decided that there is no point working out hard if I don't eat right, so I passed and had salad and a crumbed chicken instead! I stayed strong even though I had to go pick up the pizza's! I felt so good after that and now my motivation has increased too!

Second proud moment was, after missing lunch yesterday because I was at a client all day I had such cravings for sugary and salty foods! Usually, if I end up missing lunch or going most of the day without eating, I head straight for the nearest store to buy chocolate and crisps and liquorice. Yesterday, I must have passed 5+ shops on my way home and running an errand but I waited to eat until I got home. I ended up having 2 rice cakes to ease the hunger pangs before a healthy dinner.

These are proud moments for me because, before MFP, if I had the opportunity to eat badly I would never miss it. Now, I keep thinking that no matter how good it tastes, if it keeps me from losing weight it is not worth it.

So thank you to everyone for sharing your proud moments! You are helping people like me to keep faith that this is possible! :happy:
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Making it back to the gym for the second day in a row after not setting foot in a gym for the past 2 years!!!

WTG!!!
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Well I walked home non-stop from the gym (last time I walked home was on Jan 5th and I had to sit down twice - at conveniently placed bus stops). This time I managed it all the way home without stopping - cutting 4mins off the trip!

(BTW I live in a very hilly suburb and the gym is at the bottom of the hill).