Curious. Anyone into body-modification here?

Options

Replies

• HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In the past, I had my nipples pierced. It hurt like nothing I had ever felt before, and even after a year they never healed. I removed them and have been happy ever since, so in my opinion they aren't worth it. Luckily I was still able to breast feed my son but did have some problems with slow flow and leaking on different breasts (one with more and one with less scar tissue).

Currently: 1 star tattoo on my upper back and ear lobes pierced only once.

ETA: I am planning on having my tattoo removed, my ex and I got matching tattoos while we were just friends and he turned out to be a total tool, so yeah don't do that. I regret it.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a helix piercing but I'm not sure some of my friends have had bad experiences with it, like how much would you say it hurts compared to other piercings?
    I don't have my helix done, but my friend told me his helix hurt just as much as his conch. His healed quickly. My conch was my least painful piercing (I have a thick cartilage, but had a fantastic piercer). No post-throbbing or tenderness whatsoever. Should feel just like a pinch, like any other ear piercing – really depends on your pain threshold and the thickness of your helix.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The only body mod I'm doing is making it smaller.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal! *soft shoes off stage*
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    In the past, I had my nipples pierced. It hurt like nothing I had ever felt before, and even after a year they never healed. I removed them and have been happy ever since, so in my opinion they aren't worth it. Luckily I was still able to breast feed my son but did have some problems with slow flow and leaking on different breasts (one with more and one with less scar tissue).
    If you don't mind, I have a number of questions:
    Do you mind elaborating on how they never healed? Were they simply tender or did they get infected easily? Did you use a barbell or a ring? Also, did they stretch out the nipple when you took the piercing out?

I'm considering getting only one done, and don't want my breasts to end up asymmetrical. I've had friends who had satisfactory results with their nipple piercings, but I want to get a more cumulative survey of everyone's experiences.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    The only body mod I'm doing is making it smaller.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal! *soft shoes off stage*
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yup. Tons of tattoos & piercings here.

400470_348871091806745_1717345307_n_zpsb80333b9.jpg
    **Used to be me. I miss this corset!!**
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have two piercings in each ear. I had my belly button pierced for over 5 years but it closed up after I forgot to put the ring back in after getting a CT scan. I have 3 tattoos as well.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Anyone with nipple and navel/conch piercings? Curious about how the pain scale compares between the three.

My belly button hurt a bit. It felt like a bad pinch. But I had ZERO pain afterward. No problem sleeping on stomach, etc. All of my friends who have their belly buttons pierced said theirs didn't hurt during but they were in a lot of pain after for a few weeks. Personally, I preferred the 10 seconds of pain rather than being sore after.
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lots of tattoos, several piercings, and I've suspended. Retired a few piercings, had a couple of microdermals ripped out of the back of my neck.
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    Piercing my cartilage turned into major hypertropic scarring that was edging into cauliflower ear... so... just lobes now. I wish I could do more intensive piercings, but... alas.

I had a saturn orbiting an industrial that caused hypertrophic scarring in the middle of my earlobe, I used tea-tree oil on it and it eventually went away. Just an FYI if you ever wanna try it out again.
  • bridgettespage
    Options
    I would love to get those big lack round earrings ut ive wonder if they are just for men n if they mean something I just thinkthey look great
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Tattoos :)
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Just lots of ink.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    Update: got my nipple pierced last weekend. If anyone's curious about the process, feel free to ask me questions!
  • purpledaisy4
    Options
    one tattoo 2 holes in lobe one it the top
    will be peircing another hole in my ear in the next few weeks
    and belly piercing which when i get my belly fllat again will be going back in
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    2 tunnels, 2 other ear peircings, nose cartilage , nipple, 2 in my brow and 1 tattoo. did have my tongue and lip years ago.
  • silverraiyne
    Options
    A few of my tattoos :-)

20140202_134750_zpslt5zzd67.jpg
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Tattoos (9) and working on another half sleeve

past - eyebrow, tongue, bellybutton, all over ears

now - nose and ears, and a nipple

reallllly want my septum next
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    4 tattoos. 2 more on the list after my sons born.
    2 simple ear lobe piercings that ive had since 4th grade.
    had my belly button pierced but it got ripped out and i never redid it.

personally i like tattoos more then piercings but thats just what i like on myself.
  • _countrygirl
    Options
    I have a tat on my left shoulder that I got as a tribute to my late great grandmother. It reads, 'Give me strength when I'm standing and faith when I fall." I love it! I want to get a rose on the front of my thigh at some point, but I'm not sure when.
    My tattoo hurt pretty badly, and it turned out I'm scarred (it's raised in some places, but not in others), but it's hardly noticeable, and it still looks good :). I went to a great shop, just ended up with a rough artist I guess. My mom went a little later and got one done on her ankle from someone different, and she never had any complications.
    I used to have my nose pierced but the first time I lost the stud and it closed. The second time, I just retired the piercing.
    I have my ear lobes done, and TODAY I'm getting my belly button! EEEP I'm super excited, but scared at the same time. I'm hoping the pain isn't too intense haha.