Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm so pleased I stumbled across this thread, I was beginning to wonder if I was all alone:) I'm 40 years old and don't have any children, I just never really felt that maternal thing.

Anyone can feel free to add me too :)
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    44 and no kids for me. :)
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    that's me too. no kids just two cats and a hubby. add me too.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    43 with two furry caninie kids. Skin kids smell weird.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 but at the pace I'm going, not sure I'll have kids. Single too.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 without kids, and my hubs is 37 without kids.... close enough.
  • happilysingle69
    happilysingle69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friend list.... I'm 44 but I do have one grown daughter 22 who is out of the house already... and loving it the both of us... Husband works out of town so, the best of both worlds to have companionship but still live like a single girl too,
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    22 and childfree :) Except for a multitude of fur babies as I foster care for an animal charity. Saving up to get sterilised, having to go private because the NHS won't even hear about it.
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank You Lord I have found my people! I'm 43, been married for 16 years, no kids, and believe it or not, I'm an OB nurse! I know... Go figure! Y'all feel free to add me too if you want. We gals have to stick together!

Happy Losing!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    44 no kiddies, we tried all the needles in the butt routine. Unexplained infertility was the bottom line. It's tough when you go threw that's whole process, but nothing we can do about it, so no reproduction for us, just our beau fitful rescue dogs, and lots of nieces and nephews to love. But I truly understand how some simply don't want to have children, but boy oh boy, some people really don't understand, look at you like you have 2 heads. Yet I also get tired of social gatherings and question number 1 is so how many kids do you have.....I have not gone to parties knowing what the crowd will be cause I don't want to listen to a room full of peeps talking about their kids all night.....and then I am adopted and people say oh my then why don't you adopt....well simply because I don't want to....plus I always wanted to understand the biological connection which I never will, unless I find my biological parents which is an option!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I commented here before at some point but too lazy tonight to go find it. I'm 37 and my husband and I are childfree by choice.

I feel like cringing at some of the posts though! I know you didn't specify only CFBC peeps but man I do not consider those with an empty nest (grown children) or struggling with infertility to be in the same boat whatsoever. Maybe that's just me. But I feel like I usually have even less in common with people in those 2 camps than parents.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm in this camp, too. 41, married, with no children and no plans of having any. Even when I was a child, I knew I wasn't going to have them.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    46 with no kids. I'm so happy to be at the age where people have stopped asking me "So, when are you going to have kids?" Unfortunately it's "Awww ... you can adopt, you know."

I have a beautiful niece and nephew and I am the best aunt ever but I don't want any of my own.
  • lap1970
    lap1970 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am amazed at all the responses. After reading several..I am in the minority...I am 44...no kids...never married and not happy about it. Always wanted kids...but time slipped away from me...it is the only thing in my life I regret not doing. People say..there is still time..but I don't want babies...adolescents at this stage...I am in that wish I had a kid getting ready to go to college..then married ...grand kids etc. I envy folks that are TRULY okay with being childless....I wish that was me...it would save me a lot of heartache. ... and pounds from emotional eating.

I am just restarting my weight loss journey again...mainly after falling off the wagon due to emotional eating..caused by depression...which is caused by no kids! Thought this was an interesting post to find on my first day back! I would love to have more MFP friends that are also in their 40s with no kids...so everyone please let me know if I could add you. It would be nice to see people that are happy with no kids...the women I know have feelings like me...so I really need to see the opposite.

If you read this far..thanks...didn't mean to write a novel...this post just hit home.
  • curlygirl766
    Options
    47 no kids just married - gym rat and happy this way.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I commented here before at some point but too lazy tonight to go find it. I'm 37 and my husband and I are childfree by choice.

I feel like cringing at some of the posts though! I know you didn't specify only CFBC peeps but man I do not consider those with an empty nest (grown children) or struggling with infertility to be in the same boat whatsoever. Maybe that's just me. But I feel like I usually have even less in common with people in those 2 camps than parents.

I get what you're saying but at the same time you're only 37 and have several years left to change your mind and have a baby. There are lots of women in my neck of the woods who have their first in their 40s (my doctor usually cuts people off from having their first at 45) so I would say that you're a bit young to declare yourself to be in the same category as 40+ women without children.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    37, no kids, no relationship and unlikely to ever be a relationship... so count me in.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Not so rare! I'm 43, no kids, never married. Currently no boyfriend. I have several friends in the same situation.
    Anyone in same situation looking for support, feel free to add me.
  • kamishagirl
    kamishagirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    34 and no kids either. Plenty of time to work on me and I enjoy it!
  • kamishagirl
    kamishagirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @ softncudly....love the Gabrielle Union gif! That's a good movie....