How many times do you weigh yourself in 1 "weigh in"

Options
I weigh once on a friday and once on a Monday, Logging the results on a Monday. But ive just done it now, and just stepping on and off changes the results all the time per time its hard to know what to log to be prudent.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Once.
  • nilesian
    nilesian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My scales are a bit 'iffy' as well. I generally weigh myself three times and take the average of what the scales say! Stupidly I don't always log in which affects how my stats look on here!

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Scales don't really like being moved around. I always weigh twice as sometimes the feet may not settle properly. Always on a hard surface if the weights vary I check the scale sitting square and not jammed and take a new reading.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Once
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Twice.... Paranoid about the "feet settling", as was mentioned... And then, just want to "make sure"... But my 2 numbers are NEVER different, so now it's almost habit...
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the same time, butt nekkid.
  • zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I put the scale in the same spot to weigh in. I have to do it 3 times. My daughter bought a new WW digital scale. After weighing in a few times it was all good until one day I stepped on to read 5 lbs more. I had realized my other daughter had weighed herself and the scale for some reason keeps the previous weight, therefore I have to step on again to "whew" see my weight and verify it again, which is pretty consistent then.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Once unless something prevents me from getting it recorded before the scale turns off or I forget (my weight app boots me or the pen I have doesn't write, whatever) then I'll hop on a second time and record whatever it says.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Once every week on Monday morning! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I just weigh myself once each time, but I do it every morning like clockwork

(I log changes when they're sustained over 3+ days...right now it's killing me not to log my latest weight because it would put me at 70 lb lost but I have to wait at least 1-2 more days before I feel secure with it!)
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My scale has a memory feature, and unless it's cleared by putting on a very different weight, it will give the same reading. So, if I get on, and then step off, get back on, it will be the same. If I get on, step off, my husband gets on, steps off and I get on again, then it may be different. But it's usually within .3 lbs, so I don't bother with multiple readings.

I have been known to do two body tests on Wii Fit though - once at the beginning and once at the end of a workout, particularly if it was pretty close to when I'd last eaten at the beginning.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself one time, once a week (Sat) first thing in the morning nearly nude.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    3 times for my official weight on weigh in days, my scale fluctuates by .10 to 1lb depending on exactly where you step (closer in, closer out, too froward, too back). I literally measure in 3 directions on my scale, west, north and east to find 3 consistent numbers.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning and enter it into excel and plot a trendline. This helps me ignore the little ups ans downs.

I only enter new lows on MFP. Haven't entered one in over a month now.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Get a better scale. My digital scale wobbles around and then averages across the wobbles to give me a stable measure. I can step off the scale, move the scale, pick the scale up and put it down, and still get the same number. I'm a daily weigher and expect to fluctuate 3 pounds/day.

Be prepared if you change scales to have your weight change. I lost 20 pounds on one scale, bought my current scale, and 'gained' 5 pounds. So I lost those same 5 pounds twice.
  • mellyally
    mellyally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who checked their weight multiple times. I step on and off the scale three times to make sure the weight is consistent.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Just once.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    3 times.....everyday
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    if it's a believable weight, I only need the one weigh in. if I can't believe it, I'll do it again, just to make sure.