advocare catalyst and spark

Options
13»

Replies

• xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I eat at McDonald's 5 times a week and I still lose weight. I can argue that McDonald's food must cause me to lose weight, while conveniently neglecting to mention that I eat at a caloric deficit. If I take MLM product X, many people will actually believe that the stuff works.

You just have to pre-buy 30 Big Macs a week to sell to your downline, and how hard is that - everyone LOVES Big Macs!
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    $190/month? Really?
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like Spark (especially the new watermelon flavor) . I definitely get an energy boost from the Spark, without the jitters. Good about 3pm at the office or before a workout.

I also really like the rehydrate after a hard core sweat-fest.

*Note: I do not sell Advocare, nor am I related to anybody that does. It's not a sales pitch. Just a personal opinion.

Edit : To add an opposite opinion, I did the 21 day cleanse. I lost no weight, had no more energy, and can't really think of any reason I'd feel inclined to do it again. My point in doing it was to hopefully drop a few quick pounds. I planned to eat healthy afterwards, I just wanted a jumpstart. Didn't do it for me. It has for a few friends, but maybe they were eating healthier because they were doing the cleanse - I have no idea.
  • Ashlyc1987
    Options
    I love Spark. I have been using the product for about 6 months and I love the energy boost I get. Before I was drinking 2-3 Zero Monsters a day. drink a Spark in the morning and around lunchtime and I feel great!!! I am currently doing the 24 day challenge and am loving my results. I am using the catalyst and have had several friends use it as well. My results have been awesome...my friends results on the other hand were and continue to be out of this world. Everyone's system is different and because of that products work in different ways for people. I personally would highly recommend the Spark and Catalyst. I plan to continue them as well as the meal replacement shakes for breakfast cuz I never have time for breakfast and am never really hungry in the mornings.
  • rnstudent014
    Options
    Im a nursing student & I drink spark before & while im studying because it helps me focus & sort of clarifies things for me..... after hrs of studying things tend to get a little foggy...& I would definitely say it gives me an energy boost....I clean my house very well after drinking one! :-p . .. its not as strong as a 5 hr... which I used to indulge in...but its definitely healthier. ..I bought the catalyst a while back & opened it for the first time tonight.... im just hoping it helps with the soreness part as it promises but the other benefits it claims to do are welcomed as well... I just started working out again after a yr break from the gym...so I need extra help in this area so I can be consistent with everything. ...answering the question though I think it's all about the individual taking it. How consistent they are. .. what type of diet they are consuming...exercise regimen etc......I personally feel that Advocare products are a good aid when beginning or maybe even maintaining a healthy lifestyle....I've seen first hand what the 10 or 24 day cleanse (whatever it is) and spark benefits did with my sister...first time in my life I ever seen her motivated and energized to workout...feel good and eat healthy....if I could afford the cleanse..I would probably do it if I had time to look into it more to see if it's just a laxative or if it really helps cleanse the kidneys liver etc of toxin build up...otherwise eating certain foods can do this for you.. just like certain drinks and food can give you energy and help with all the benefits we look for in supplements. ...but we as humans in our fast paced lives dont make the time to do all the things we post to our boards on pinterest...so were always looking for the quick fix...the easy way out....and well then you find yourself in that place of deciding which company to trust and which one to choose for yourself! ;) this is first forum reply ever..& my 2 cents! Lol now I'm going to finish the second half of my workout!
  • SmokinJoe77
    SmokinJoe77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to be a distributor and learned that was not my cup of tea. I did, however, like the products. They seem to do what they say. I still use catalyst when I can get a good deal on it because it seems to help me not be so sore after a workout. I like spark (orange was the only flavor when I had it last) because it tastes good and is packed with vitamins.

A cleans is a good thing to do every so often to kind of reset your system. "The Cleanse" is fine but you can do the same thing without spending a ton of money. I started off my new diet plan with a high fiber liquid diet. I was going to do a three day water fast as well, but thought that might be a little overboard for just starting out. What is the purpose of a cleanse? Basically to purge your system of the toxins we cram into our bodies. Can the same thing be accomplished with a proper diet? Sure it can, but then if we ate a proper diet we wouldn't NEED a cleanse.

A water fast, on the other hand, is supposed to give your organs a rest. I have a friend that does one about every three months. I don't know if it's logical or effective, but he swears by it. I'm going to give it a go in March/April and see if I notice a difference.

This is more than the OP was asking, but there it is.
  • foodjunkie0524
    foodjunkie0524 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok so, I know I'm pretty late on this reply but I NEED to say something. Why spend the money on AdvoCare??!!!!??!!? Have you ever been STUCK? Tired? FRUSTRATED? Not motivated? To workout, to eat right? I have! I've tried losing weight for over 10 years. Doing it the right way, the wrong way, never satisfied with my results & it never lasted longer than 1 month. I'm now 28, have 2 kids, after each pregnancy it got even more difficult for the weight to come off. After the 1st pregnancy I couldn't get below 170. Then started gaining, ate healthy, worked out hard. Still no weightloss. Got pregnant, after 2nd baby started a VERY strict diet. Still no weightloss. I was tired, over weight, still! & by this time I was not able to get below 200 lbs., after I had my second baby I was 239. Lost 39 lbs in about 2 months, then started gaining again. I was drinking a pot of coffee a day, with tons of creamer & sugar PLUS drinking 2-3 Redbulls on top of that. Finally this past December a friend mailed me a Spark. I was skepitcal & threw it in the drawer, where it stayed for 1 month. I finally tried it after running out of redbull one day & BING BANG BOOM! I was up & at em'! I felt awesome, I ditched the Redbulls that day(well not completely I had to wait for my shipment of Spark) but once that Spark arrived I never looked back. I like to save money so my friend told me about the yearly fee to get the discount. I started telling people about it, they started buying from me, meaning BIGGER DISCOUNT. I didn't tell people because "I wanted their money", I told them because I CARE ABOUT OTHERS, & wanted them to feel like I did, you know, there are people out there in the world who do care! I absolutely owe my life to AdvoCare. They teach you how to eat, they encourage exercise. So for anyone to say they didn't like AdvoCare because it's expensive, well pay the fee! Get a discount! It's easy! The products are phenomenal & I want all my friends & family to atleast try it, because it gave me life again. Some might not need these products but I DID. I have energy & motivation to workout & play with my kids & I've lost 14 lbs since January 25th by working out, eating 3 meals a day, a snack after breakfast, a snack after lunch. Lean proteins, veggies, low glycemic fruits,complex carbs, good fats, raw nuts, all in moderation. & using AdvoCares products. I won't HAVE to continue using all the products I am right now, maybe Spark(replaced coffee/redbull),maybe meal replacement shakes(replaced breakfast, that I didn't eat to begin with), maybe a few others but if I keep eating right & exercising, drinking water(plenty of it) & getting a good nights sleep I will keep up the weight loss & reach my goals. AdvoCare puts a lot of research into their products, they are high potency, high quality & that's why most people love them & if someone doesn't it's because they didn't do what they were told. Or maybe they are just too negative to know when they've got a good thing going for them. It's not too good to be true, you do have to work hard but the products help, & bring out the best in you! Have a wonderful day world!
  • SmokinJoe77
    SmokinJoe77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok so...[everything in between]...Have a wonderful day world!

LOL - Spoken like a true distributor. That's exactly how the products made me feel, but I just can't justify the "annual cost". I am in my mid-late 30's and have recently lost over 30 pounds on diet and exercise alone and am on track to lose my final 27 pounds by mid May. I believe the Advocare products work as intended, and I am glad you are having success. There will always be people dissing the things you believe in, that doesn't make them right or you wrong. That said, the products are simply vitamins and supplements and can be found in a proper diet. Many people just find it easier to take a pill (or 14) a day instead of eating right. :-)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Add me to the "you do not need a cleanse" group. However..........

My boss's SIL gave out samples of Spark drink about a yr ago. I tried it and was so friggin' jittery - and I can handle caffeine. Whatever was in it, made me sick. Just my experience.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am an Advocare distributor too. Do I drink spark? Everyday! Do I take any of the other products? NO!!
    Sure, I lost weight on the cleanse, but it SUCKED! and I only lost the first 10 days even though I followed to a T and exercised, but I hated being so restricted all the time!! It was expensive, restrictive and not sustainable. We have stayed a distributor basically to order discounted spark for ourselves and a few friends.

My fitness pal has worked better than anything else. It is FREE and I CAN eat whatever I want! This is so much more long term sustainable and I don't feel like if I have a bad day that I have ruined one out of 24 days which were my only chances to lose!
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I tried the spark once for a while just looking for added energy and all it did was give me sever headaches. Nothing else. It is not worth the money
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I'll go "personal experience" here. I know several who have tried both the "cleanse" and the spark stuff and found it really did nothing in the end, after being very excited about them at the start, minimal weight loss (with dietary change) in two that later returned, and in two others no change. I was roped into trying the spark and the other drink by friends who tried it/gave me samples, it didnt really help with energy much for me either, kind of like a coffee really. With the high cost, minimal to no results and extra dose of Sucralose, I would recommend very strongly against this. Have a coffee or an energy drink for much less cost and similar effect, even without the Sucralose.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have tried Advocare but it didn't really do much for me--I have a friend who is doing the 24 day challenge and she is seeing results. She's also running too in addition to have changed her diet while doing it and she is 100% committed to it which might have been my problem when I tried it.

I would buy the Spark again for myself because I loved it and felt energized (not the jittery kind which I was expecting) from it but right now, the $50 bucks for the can isn't going to happen.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11.8 pounds in 7 weeks; I did the cleanse and have stayed with Spark, the meal replacement shake and MNS. Advocare is working for me, but I can understand that it's not for everybody.