All I want to do is eat! What do I do?!

Options
2»

Replies

• losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand what you are saying Tammy - I felt that way after I went off my dieting/calorie counting for the holiday. Many things came up in my life that were causing me stress and unrest - and they just fueled the fire for eating. I got to where I was feeling like you described - wanted to eat all the time - hungry, full - it didn't matter. And I did a lot - and really felt yucky - sometimes sick from it! Then I got sick of feeling that way -and I also made some decisions about some of the issues that were hanging out in the back of my mind stressing me out. I think both the being tired of feeling so badly physically from overeating, and dealing with some of the stressors and feeling like I was getting some control back in my life by making decisions about them, helped me want to gain more control in my life. I knew I couldn't go cold turkey and jump back into lower cals and eliminate the bad foods, so I raised my calorie limit to higher than it was but lower than I had been eating and started trying to aim for that limit each day. I didn't accomplish it every day the first week, but I congratulated myself on doing less cals than I had been - and by buying a few pre-portioned size snacks and making myself try to limit myself to one when I ate them, adding back in some bulkier, high nutrition foods with fiber like more fruits and veggies rather than as many sweet or salty snacks, (which really aren't physically satisfying but do meet that emotional satisfaction of eating or "treating" yourself), I started enjoying the emptier feeling and feeling more in control. I am now close to back to my original cals (which aren't low) and I have started losing again.

I really find that unresolved emotional issues or some other aspect of your life in which you feel "out of control" can show itself in your eating too - I should say in "my" eating. That has been true in my life anyway. But you also have to be feeding your body nutritious food, because that other stuff will not satisfy as long and keeps your body craving more, no matter how your emotions are!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I want to eat when i'm bored. I'm not hungry, just bored alot of the time. I work a desk job 10-12 hours a day so take alot of low calorie fruits with me to snack on throughout the day.