Replies

• hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    Is it too late to join??
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I'll be about a week behind since I'm starting it next week (the plan was to start this week, but I tweaked my back - gotta start bending the knees instead of at the waist. So expecting to be better by Monday. I'm gonna go check out those podcasts. That would be super helpful.
    Melanie
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join??

I think every one is sort of doing different beginning stages.
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    I did it and injured my knee the 4th week and had to stop. That was two months ago and my knee still hurts. Make sure you have running shoes. I used ones not made for running, big mistake.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This is great! Keep up the good work everyone! :-)
  • iamamalia
    iamamalia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 2 completed.. phew! it was cold and dark but im glad i got my butt in motion and did it. feels so good after!
  • gahdzila
    Options
    I could *never* run before, I even struggled in PE in grade school and honestly haven't even tried since then...until now. Couch to 5k flat out WORKS! Trust the process, slow your pace if you need to, and don't be afraid to repeat a few workouts or even a week if the upcoming workouts look a little too hard. I was scared to death to do week 5 workout 3 (the first really long run - 20 minutes straight), and put it off for a week by repeating week 4 and day 1 of week 5 for a few days. I'm happy to report I completed week 5 day 3 yesterday - 1.8 miles!!!

If you have an iphone, check out the Get Running app. It's AWESOME, and well worth the $3!
    Completed my first C25K workout this morning. The playlist was a great help! How are others entering it on their exercise diaries? Just adding up the amount of time spent walking and jogging? I can't wait to do it again on Friday! Thanks all!

I'm doing mine on a treadmill with a calorie counter, so I just enter what the treadmill says I burned. If I were outdoors, I'd probably just do a rough guesstimate based on time walking and time jogging.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 2 right now.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Complete!
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    I could *never* run before, I even struggled in PE in grade school and honestly haven't even tried since then...until now. Couch to 5k flat out WORKS! Trust the process, slow your pace if you need to, and don't be afraid to repeat a few workouts or even a week if the upcoming workouts look a little too hard. I was scared to death to do week 5 workout 3 (the first really long run - 20 minutes straight), and put it off for a week by repeating week 4 and day 1 of week 5 for a few days. I'm happy to report I completed week 5 day 3 yesterday - 1.8 miles!!!

That is SOOO awesome! Congrats! I struggled in elementary school too! so i hear ya... can't wait for he end result!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I did wk3 d2 last night at 3.5mph walk and 6.5mph jog. I'm working on increasing my speed. I thought I was going to die when i was done.
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    i need to finish up wk 1 today. this weather is awful! already did some kickboxing. came home for a laundry and cleaning break! haha
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    I need to do Week 1 Workout 3 today but the high here today is only going to be 23. I stayed in this morning and did "The Firm" DVD. I will take my running clothes to town with me and if it warms up a bit closer to freezing I will get it in. Am I being to big of a baby? Tell me if I am, I can take it! Just curious at what temp others think it's too cold for outside excerise?
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    I need to do Week 1 Workout 3 today but the high here today is only going to be 23. I stayed in this morning and did "The Firm" DVD. I will take my running clothes to town with me and if it warms up a bit closer to freezing I will get it in. Am I being to big of a baby? Tell me if I am, I can take it! Just curious at what temp others think it's too cold for outside excerise?

I hate running outside... and especially in that cold... I probably wouldn't do it either! haha
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    finished wk 1 yesterday... and feeling it today. starting another week on wednesday. trying to decide if i should redo wk1 or push past to wk 2? im such a wimp... haha
  • meanness67
    Options
    finished wk 1 yesterday... and feeling it today. starting another week on wednesday. trying to decide if i should redo wk1 or push past to wk 2? im such a wimp... haha

Try week 2; you're stronger than you think!
  • amcmillan730
    Options

Try week 2; you're stronger than you think!

Thanks! I probably will! I know if I just do wk 1 again i'll probably be a little disappointed with myself.
  • meanness67
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 completed last night.
  • amcmillan730
    Options
    I'm going to try week 2 wednesday ... i'm actually pretty nervous!
  • iamamalia
    iamamalia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try week 2 wednesday ... i'm actually pretty nervous!

good luck and let us know how it goes! i got off schedule last week because of a crazy weekend full of disaster after disaster, but i finally completed week 1 day 3 tonight... i'm a little scared of starting week 2- i dont think i can run for a full 90 seconds yet!