When a girl says "It's okay", "I'm fine" etc etc

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Then sometimes I actually mean it and if I keep being asked if im sure evetything is fine, ok, ect., I get very annoyed.

But if a man doesn't t ask, he has an estrogenic, ticking time-bomb seconds away (or months, who knows) from exploding.

It's a no win situation every time. And women wonder why men just say "Okay" to every comment or question. :bigsmile: We can't navigate these subtleties.

Some women may say differently but I honestly think men and women just speak a different language in some ways.

For example I ask my husband how something looks. He says fine and probably means 'fine/nice/good' but what I hear is that he hates it and I look awful, because what the hell kind of answer is "Fine'?

At one point he pointed out he could see my hipbones when I was standing up (cause weightloss) and I'm like "OH MY GOD, I"m too skinny, he hates the way I look, he thinks my hip bones are gross, nooooooo" and to him it was just an innocent observation and nothing more.

Totally different language. Or I'm crazy.

Definitely crazy.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    She invited me to brunch to meet her parents, and I overslept lol.

Bro. Bro.

It is NOT FINE. :noway:
  • wheird
    Options

Sounds like time to knock her up.
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think I have something on this, oh here it is...
    os5ngn.png

And this is just because...
    2z83p7k.png
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    When she says, "Nothing's wrong," something's wrong.

When she says something's wrong, EVERYTHING'S wrong.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LoveLaroo
    LoveLaroo Posts: 215
    Options

You're screwed. I hope you like being on your knees...You're going to spend a lot of time there begging for forgiveness....
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    because its not feminine to express your true feelings of anger, disappointment , rage or anything beyond peppy perky happy

because if you do you are obvi on your period which automatically invalidates anything you feel because periods are crazz
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Depends how she says it. Because sometimes I'm fine. But sometimes I'm pissed.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Depending on the context it can mean she's disappointed but doesn't want to talk about it, but honestly, 7 times out of 10 it means she's fine. Women are people, not magical creatures with our own secret language.

ETA: Alternately...
    What she says: I'm fine.
    What she means: Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hubby: "What's wrong"

Me: "It's ok, I'm Fine" really means, ' I pissed off, don't ask me again as then I'm going to be so pissed off you're going to cope a mouth full".
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

You're screwed. I hope you like being on your knees...You're going to spend a lot of time there begging for forgiveness....

And not asking for forgiveness.... :) Hope you have good jaw muscles!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Probably means your tiny...

Never happened to me but yes probably is so right.
  • wheird
    Options
    because its not feminine to express your true feelings of anger, disappointment , rage or anything beyond peppy perky happy

because if you do you are obvi on your period which automatically invalidates anything you feel because periods are crazz

Strong man-hate
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why you girls just dont say what you really mean? Is it that hard?

Well that's no fun
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I say what I mean. If I'm not fine, I'm probably TOO blunt. :laugh:
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options
    Is this the same girl you were posting about a month or so ago? The one that you are crazy in love with? You overslept, you disrespected her and her parents. You don't oversleep if something is really important to you.

This relationship is new and she probably doesn't want to rock the boat by telling you how much you have hurt her. Also, as women we are taught to behave and to not assert our feelings or demand respect. "Fine" usually means, "you have hurt me, but give me some time and I will try to get over it."

You should admit you screwed up and empower her to talk to you and discuss how you have hurt her. Don't get defensive or try to argue. Just listen and apologize.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Strong man-hate

not really
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on either side, and have been guilty of it myself. I don't think it's a "woman" thing or a "man" thing to not express one's actual feelings, but a reluctance to face potentially confrontational situations.