When a girl says "It's okay", "I'm fine" etc etc

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    When I say "It's okay", it really IS okay... I don't need to sugarcoat shiz.
    When I say I'm fine, it also means I'm fine.

-doesn't understand this whole mentality thing because I'm blunt and not about to stop being blunt-
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    This seems about right: http://thoughtcatalog.com/chelsea-fagan/2013/04/what-she-means-when-she-says-im- fine/

"When a woman says that she is fine, that nothing is wrong, she is doing something that she has always been taught was the right move. She is being chaste with her emotions, playing close to the chest, and not coming across as that hysterical girlfriend that she always knew she could distinguish herself from to earn the pat on the head and the compliment of “not being like those other crazy *****es.” For her to say that she is fine is often a generous act, one that is intended to take the burden of having to decode her problems or even deal with them head-on and place it back on herself. She will either work out her problems internally, or won’t acknowledge them at all."
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If she's an honest, non game-playing girl, she really means it's OK or she's fine.

If she lies, or plays games, she is upset with you.

Choose to date the former, not the latter.

I disagree. I often say "I'm fine" when I'm really not. It isn't a "game" or dishonesty...and I'm certainly not someone you should hit the hills running from.

Simply put, I don't like to be "that woman".....the nagging, over-emotional, constantly making issues out of everything BISHY type. Sometimes when I say I'm fine it's because I want to see if I can work through my feelings on my own. I want to cool down, make sense of my emotions and put things in perspective before I approach the conversation. I just want to be left alone so when I am ready to talk about it, it can be a calm and collected conversation.
  • cashmerelinedleather
    Options
    Depends on the tone of voice and body language. For me if I'm moving my hands or make a face and say "It's okay/ I'm fine." It really is. If you just get an "It's okay/I'm fine" and I shake my head or have a neutral face, I'm pissed off. At that point you should apologize even if you have no clue what you did and back off. If you end up that position try calling the next day and figure out what you did and apologize for real. We girls are kinda crazy, but it makes sense to us!
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We'd probably tell you what as wrong more often if we weren't mocked for being too emotional and hormonal when we did.

This. And your screw up somehow gets twisted into it being our fault for caring about something. I never used the phrase till I met people I had to say it to if I didn't want an argument.
  • TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    Options
    you're screwed.

speaks the truth!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If I say "I'm fine" it either means I don't care enough about that person to enter into a conversation about how I actually am or I am actually fine ie when I work colleage says "good morning how are you?" "fine thanks". Don't need to elaborate about how the cat slept on my black pants so I had to iron a new pair this morning which made me late etc etc. But if it is a friend/partner then I will say how I feel.

But yeah, all depends on the tone.
  • lj5109
    lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    She means that whatever you did or said really upset her and she doesn't want to argue about it but she does want you to hold her. Usually she doesn't totally understand why she's upset or she knows she's kind of in the wrong but can't control the fact that she's still mad/upset.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    because its not feminine to express your true feelings of anger, disappointment , rage or anything beyond peppy perky happy

because if you do you are obvi on your period which automatically invalidates anything you feel because periods are crazz

Strong man-hate

not really

Except yes, really. It is a ridiculous generalization based on observations of the lowest denominator of a gender. Just as ridiculous as assuming every angry woman is on her period.

+1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Is this the same girl you were going to dump over text a few days ago?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, and every girl totally means the exact same thing every single time she says, "Fine," so, this is a totally legit question.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Is this the same girl you were going to dump over text a few days ago?
    Lololol XD
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    First off I don't play word games, tell me straight up what's wrong. I'm not a mind or body reader! I like honesty above all else.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    First off I don't play word games, tell me straight up what's wrong. I'm not a mind or body reader! I like honesty above all else.

Yes, thank you! Where have you been all of my life?!
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sleeping in and not making it to meet the parents means you are up poop creek without a paddle.

It makes you look immature, irresponsible, and uncaring. Pretty much the epitome of the opposite of what most parents want their daughter to be with. Good luck. I would suggest a grand gesture to make it up to the parents and show them that you are responsible, mature, and caring, otherwise there really is no point in continuing the relationship BC it will be over.

You're being a little dramatic

So she tries to explain the situation and you call her dramatic but you can't work out why girls shrug things off instead of explaining them to you?
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Sleeping in and not making it to meet the parents means you are up poop creek without a paddle.

It makes you look immature, irresponsible, and uncaring. Pretty much the epitome of the opposite of what most parents want their daughter to be with. Good luck. I would suggest a grand gesture to make it up to the parents and show them that you are responsible, mature, and caring, otherwise there really is no point in continuing the relationship BC it will be over.

You're being a little dramatic

So she tries to explain the situation and you call her dramatic but you can't work out why girls shrug things off instead of explaining them to you?

Exactly, so who's the issue? Women
    Not really. The one you're "with".
    You say that you broke up with her, yet here you are, allowing her to "work things out" with you, after you "thought" you broke up with her.
    You either do or you don't. Simple.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm not being dramatic, just honest. Just break up with her already. Trust me it is not meant to be. When it is meant to be, you will want to impress her parents. This girl is not the one.