30 Day Shred Success... Starting Again/Starting Over!

Options

Replies

• asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I already feel more energetic and I am only on day two! I just need to find something else to add into the mix that doesnt involve the outdoors... i miss my walking for 30 minutes throughout the week but it is just too dang cold to do it in the mornings and too dark by the time I am done with my daycare kiddies. Suggestions?

Well, since you like her, you might want to add one of her other DVD's. She's got three new ones, Shred It With Weights, Yoga Meltdown and Six Week Six Pack. You can trying adding those or one of her older ones: Banish Fat, Boost Matabolism or No More Trouble Zones. They are all hard and would challenge you.
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I already feel more energetic and I am only on day two! I just need to find something else to add into the mix that doesnt involve the outdoors... i miss my walking for 30 minutes throughout the week but it is just too dang cold to do it in the mornings and too dark by the time I am done with my daycare kiddies. Suggestions?

Well, since you like her, you might want to add one of her other DVD's. She's got three new ones, Shred It With Weights, Yoga Meltdown and Six Week Six Pack. You can trying adding those or one of her older ones: Banish Fat, Boost Matabolism or No More Trouble Zones. They are all hard and would challenge you.

Thank you!!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    If you like Cardio and a Class envirorment you might like Turbo Fire. I have it and I love it. It's a cardio DVD program you do at home. It's from beachbody.com and I've lost all my weight by using their programs. P90X, Insanity, Power90, Rev Abs, Turbo Fire & P90X+. I work out in my own home and have no gas money expense to get to a crowed gym. I love it. Let me know if you'd like more info or help.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    If you like Cardio and a Class envirorment you might like Turbo Fire. I have it and I love it. It's a cardio DVD program you do at home. It's from beachbody.com and I've lost all my weight by using their programs. P90X, Insanity, Power90, Rev Abs, Turbo Fire & P90X+. I work out in my own home and have no gas money expense to get to a crowed gym. I love it. Let me know if you'd like more info or help.
    You're the second person that suggested this to me and I'm definately going to look into it. For now I am sticking to the 30 day shred and walking. I started on 11/13 and take Sunday's off. It is not a 30 day program for me (LOL, I'm just not that fit!!) but I moved to level 2 three days ago and my goal is to do level 3 in Janurary. (of course I'll move up sooner if I feel ready, but so far this is kicking my butt! :laugh: )
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    how much room do you need to do the 30 day shred?
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    how much room do you need to do the 30 day shred?

Enough room to do jumping jacks.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • mriricat23
    Options
    So I started a 30 Day Shred Challenge on a message board over the summer. In 5 weeks, with the 30 day shred, making better decisions about what I was eating and walking for 30 minutes a few days a week, I lost a total of 27 pounds... in 5 weeks, and it was just in time for my summer vacation. I was stoked. After vacation I couldn't get back into working out like I had been with the 30 days Shred and the walking. Since September I have been able to maintain my weight loss which is amazing to me... I was soooo nervous that I would put it all back on and quick with how fast it came off.

Anyways, now I am back again for another round of the Shred and hope to see similar results! Just finished day two of level one!

Check out my profile to see my before and after pics from the first time I did the Shred... I can't seem to figure out how to post them in a message board post.

ETA: This is the link to the full story. Kisha was the owner of the 30 day shred group where I did the challenge this summer.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1618194/Calling_All_30_Day_Shred_Users_and_Anyone_Interested_In_The_Shred_You_MUST_Read_This

That is awesome congrats! A BIG BIG BIG fan of 30 day shred!! Can I ask you how many times a week did you do the video and did you follow 10 days level 1 10 days level 2 and 10 days level 3 or did you mix it up?

I did the video at least 3-4 times a week, some weeks more. It def was not everyday! And no, I moved to the next level when I felt comfortable enough to do so... I think by the end of the 5 week challenge I was doing, I only had done 2 or 3 days of level 3. The first time I did level 2 I though I was going to throw up... but I finished and it got easier and easier each time! I didnt mix it up, just moved up when i felt like i needed to be challenged a bit more.
  • mriricat23
    Options

I did Power 90 some in college and had good results. Is what you are talking about something that can be done in about a half an hour? Time is my biggest concern with my own kids and I provide childcare out of my home too. How long are the newer Power 90 programs?
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody...I'd love to join your thread! Sounds like most of you are in the same boat I am...30DS fits into my schedule so much better than P90x right now!!!

I started my second round of P90x 3 weeks ago but with grad school taking over my life and teaching all day long on top of that...I had no time to fit in an hour (sometimes hour+) workout. Back to 30DS I go!

Starting Monday I think I'm going to do 30DS to get through the year and then hopefully start up P90x (lean version) in January.

I'm also tempted to buy Insanity...anybody try that? LIke it? dislike it? I need LOTS of cardio and thought it might be the next step for me!
  • mriricat23
    Options
    Hello Everybody...I'd love to join your thread! Sounds like most of you are in the same boat I am...30DS fits into my schedule so much better than P90x right now!!!

I started my second round of P90x 3 weeks ago but with grad school taking over my life and teaching all day long on top of that...I had no time to fit in an hour (sometimes hour+) workout. Back to 30DS I go!

Starting Monday I think I'm going to do 30DS to get through the year and then hopefully start up P90x (lean version) in January.

I'm also tempted to buy Insanity...anybody try that? LIke it? dislike it? I need LOTS of cardio and thought it might be the next step for me!

I benefit from cardio too... I need something to add into the mix that I can do at home... I will look into some things this weekend to see what I come up with. Day three of level one today! Need to really start making better decisions about what I am eating too if I want to start seeing progress.

Have never tried anything beyond the original Power 90... I need to get myself into a little bit of better shape before I attempt something like insanity... I hear it is quite the challenge. Let me know if you try it!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Someone advised me to log the 30day as circuit training...is that what you all do? I just started it...last night was my first night. It kicked my butt, and I like it! LOL :laugh:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Someone advised me to log the 30day as circuit training...is that what you all do? I just started it...last night was my first night. It kicked my butt, and I like it! LOL :laugh:

That is what I do.
  • mriricat23
    Options

That is what I do.

me too! :)
  • krystonite
    Options
    Completed the 4th day and my bum is KILLING ME. Whoa. I never knew the side lunges worked that area and therefore... errr, I have never in my life worked that part of my body. I don't know whether this feels amazing or I want to die.
  • mriricat23
    Options
    Completed the 4th day and my bum is KILLING ME. Whoa. I never knew the side lunges worked that area and therefore... errr, I have never in my life worked that part of my body. I don't know whether this feels amazing or I want to die.

LOL... i know they kill my inner thighs where I have the chub rub, so I'm thankful to feel some pain there... no pain no gain, LOL! :) What pound hand weights are you using?
  • krystonite
    Options

LOL... i know they kill my inner thighs where I have the chub rub, so I'm thankful to feel some pain there... no pain no gain, LOL! :) What pound hand weights are you using?

5lb for mostly everything and then switch to 3lb for half of the duration of side lunges. Those side ones are hard!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had this DVD since like, February and I just decided to start doing it today. So today it will be :)

How does everyone log DVDs like this? Just under aerobic exercise or is there something else that's more accurate?
  • krystonite
    Options
    I've had this DVD since like, February and I just decided to start doing it today. So today it will be :)

How does everyone log DVDs like this? Just under aerobic exercise or is there something else that's more accurate?

Circuit under cardio seems most accurate.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I log it under circuit training too....I looked under cardio for "torture" but it was not listed. Go figure. LOL :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!