1000 days, 130+ pounds lost (w/ too many pics!)

Options

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of success story I love! Thank you for sharing about the real journey :D
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    best post ever. you inspire me beyond words! i'm in awe of you!! xoxoxoox
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and you are a inspiration. thanks so much for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I am over here crying like a baby!! Thanks for sharing your story! This is why I am glad I joined MFP. Just straight up truth. Hard work and diligence really pays off!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!

You can see the confidence in your picture just grow!

Awesome story! Awesome job!
  • amethyst70
    Options
    You look amazing and give me inspiration!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    <Standing ovation!!!!>

Well done!

I'm 5'10" and aiming to built the figure you have. Thanks for sharing your success and giving me a booster shot of hope!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    awesome post and very inspiring :) Thank you for sharing
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    "Now, when I look back, I realize weight loss wasn't actually the goal. It was just the side-effect of a series of changes, big and small, that allow me to live my life to the fullest. I didn't struggle to lose 130+ pounds. Instead, I committed to choices that simply wouldn't support 308.5 pounds. My life doesn't have room for that weight anymore. It can’t hold me back. There are adventures to be had. "

I LOVE THIS! You're an inspiration. Congratulations on making the most of your wonderful life!
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, thanks for sharing your story! You look fabulous!
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and your determination and willpower are something that I strive to attain for myself. Thank you for posting your story.
  • JoanneC1216
    JoanneC1216 Posts: 166
    Options
    Spectacular!!!
  • Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow ... thank you for sharing. I think it can be a daily struggle no matter where we are in our journey to lose weight, gain weight, maintain or just be as healthy as we can be and you are truly an wonderful example of how the hard work pays off and is so worth it. You are truly an inspiration!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love it! You're inspirational!
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank You for sharing your amazing story. So inspiring!:love:
  • CJ_Coco
    CJ_Coco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seriously, do not be sorry that your story was so long. I for one needed to hear a very motivational story today of a working mom and wife, like myself. Wow, that is just amazing! I can hardly believe you accomplished so much in one year's time. I lost 40 lbs last year in about 6 months and during my last semester of earning my bachelor's degree, managed to stop tracking and exercising for the last 6 months and gained 21 lbs. back. Thankfully, I stopped there last week when I stepped back on the scale and decided to start pushing again and keep on pushing forward. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Things like this are such an encouragement to continue LIVING. Love those words. And CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • sunshine11111
    sunshine11111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I didn't struggle to lose 130+ pounds. Instead, I committed to choices that simply wouldn't support 308.5 pounds.

This whole post is worthy of being printed out and read every day, for real- but for some reason this part really struck me. This really puts into words how I feel about my own life on the best days, and how I need to remember to think about it on the worst. Truly excellent insight, congratulations and thank you!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    This was AWESOME!!!! I loved reading your post and looking at the pictures. I was just asking my superfit, triatholon participating co-worker where did I lose my desire to work out!!!!!??? I developed a love of working out in college, took up jogging, would run for miles and all of a sudden one day it's all gone!!! and well over 100 lbs over weight has rejoined my life. I've just completed pre-op appointments to have a vertical gastric sleeve but I really don't want to... I want to go back to who I use to be...rekindle my love of exercise....if you have any advice other than what you've shared thus far, I welcome your comments!! Thanks for sharing your most AWESOME! story...

I wish I knew the answer. For me, I know I'm kind of a light switch person - on or off. Really into something, or completely hating it. So for me with exercise, I need to make sure I stay on. I do this by varying routine, training seasons, etc.

Right now I'm super into this one class at my Y and cross country skiing. Those are the only things I want to do, ski and take that class. I kinda force the weights right now because I love how they make my body look, but they're not my reason for being. But they might be in two weeks. And in the fall, I'm head over heels in love with running.

Basically, what do you like in terms of exercise? DO THAT THING. Do it lots. Do it faster, harder, with high intensity intervals.

As a former runner, you must remember the adrenaline rush? That alone makes the runs worth it, even when they're hard.

Short version: Do what you like, but also make yourself do what's good for you now and then. When you're feeling lackluster, I don't care. Fake it till you make it. Learn the difference between laziness and overtraining and take a day or two of rest a day.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This. Is. Awesome. CONGRATS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!