Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options
Kimber250
Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
Hiya! I am Kim, I have been on these boards for years, but until recently didn't really "use" it... I am excited to be getting married October 18th, 2014... I call it, Sweating for the Wedding!
I am setting myself for a healthy lifestyle change, with a target loss of 50-60lbs..
I am looking for other Brides to Be to join.. or if you have another thread you are following, tell me about it and I would like to join the train~

SW- 251
CW-249
GW-190

Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married on the 5th June. :-)
  • lori1186
    lori1186 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Kim! While I can't say I'm sweating for a planned wedding, I am losing with that goal in mind. My boyfriend and I talk about getting married in the future and I figure why wait until I have a date set to start the shrinking process? I should have a year or so to get myself down to a healthy size before the actual wedding planning starts.
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    While I am not yet engaged (he plans to propose sometime this year) We have already talked about a fall wedding next year. So I have decided to start now and take my time and do it the healthy way! Feel free to add:)
  • LastMangoInMD
    Options
    I am getting married on October 4, 2014 and I am in the same boat! I want to lose 10-20 more pounds and tighten up! No soft underarms anymore, dammit!
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    somewhere late aug-early sept!! :) beast of luck ya'll!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you dear!
  • MsEff
    MsEff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm sweating for a wedding on October 18, 2014 too! It's my son's wedding - does that still count? He's marrying a tiny little thing, who comes from a family of tiny little things. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs by then.
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We are engaged but haven't yet set a date. We're talking about getting married in a year and a half or so, prior to moving to the States.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm sweating for a wedding as the Maid of Honor, wedding is in June. I have 100+ to lose but I'm hoping to shed 20-40 pounds by then. There will be a lot of people there that I haven't seen for years so I want to look good without taking attention away from the bride. Plus, all of the other bridesmaids are short and skinny with dark hair. Then there's me, tall and hefty with light hair. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb more than I already do.
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Our wedding date is Oct. 25, 2014. I am hoping to drop a few more dress sizes before then. Add me if you want :)
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am sweating for the wedding. Our wedding date is Feb 12, 2015. I'm looking to lose about 30 more lbs before I buy the dress.
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am also a bridesmaid who's getting ready for a summer wedding. Feel free to add me and I will help motivate and encourage you along your journey (because that's what bridesmaids are here for!)
  • mam302
    mam302 Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too!! We're getting married October 25, 2014 and I'm hoping to lose 30-35 lbs before then!

Congrats!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I've been engaged since September 2012. We finally set our date - June 14th, 2014! :smile:
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm sweating for the wedding too! Same day October 18th 2014! Well I wanted to get healthy and lose weight anyways but getting married this year is just more inspiration! I already know what dress I want and thankfully they cater to a range of sizes.

ETA: I'm hoping to lose about 40 lbs by then. I think that's doable in 7 months. Would I like to lose more? Definitely but I am going for doable not crazy! lol So 291 now hoping to be about 250 for the wedding.
  • ladybird10
    ladybird10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight for my friend's wedding (I'm a bridesmaid) and my own this year. Her wedding is in August and my wedding is in December 2014. I would like to lose close to 40 pounds by December.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi brides to be! I'm getting married Aug 30... I'm trying to be realistic... my weight loss is ssssllllooooooowwww, like 2lbs/month, but at least it's in the right direction. I'm down almost 18lbs since I started last Aug (haven't updated my ticker as it is that TOM). I would love to be 150lbs at the wedding but I would be happy with 180 which is about another 15 or so pounds for me :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and please friend me if you want :)
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!! Marriage, how lovely *tear
    anyways I am sooo excited for my brother's wedding in about a year (he just proposed two weeks ago)
    But I really want to be fit. I am think at least 40lbs gone.
    And yea, bride and family are teeny tiny things!!
  • persimmonj
    persimmonj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this due to some unexpected weight gain in the last year. My wedding is June 1st though, so I have less time.I'm wearing a sari, which can be fairly forgiving since most of it is a huge piece of cloth, but my blouse underneath is going to be tailored. I had a lot of success with paleo last year at this time but got derailed around finals and never got back on track.
  • sullybaby93
    Options
    My boyfriend has dropped the hint of a proposal when he gets back from JRTC, which has completely drove me crazy trying to lose weight haha I do not have a goal in mind really I would just like to be thinner. Dieting has never been my strong suit and I have never been small so im not expecting barbie skinny. I just want to be comfortable for my wedding :) Cant wait!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!