Hey Fatty!

Options
Check out what one facebook user had to say to an overweight runner they saw on the track. Share your opinions. Do you think this is rude?

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2014/03/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon-facebook-user-pens-surprising-message-to-overweight-runner

Replies

• Headingforhealthier
    Options
    I think it's cool. As that fatty runner, I know that's exactly what I'm thinking when I see fit people near me. Lack of self-esteem is a huge problem.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's almost like a back-handed compliment. Not sure. I guess, in the end it's positive. Did the poster have to use "Fatty"? Probably not.

I agree with you.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Oh, HAI !!!!!

I thought you were talking to me and I didn't want to be rude. :wink:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I never liked this. It's like when someone starts off with "No offense..." and they almost always offend you.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome..

*shrugs*
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Check out what one facebook user had to say to an overweight runner they saw on the track. Share your opinions. Do you think this is rude?

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2014/03/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon-facebook-user-pens-surprising-message-to-overweight-runner

I like the part where they referenced "her journey".
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I call myself a fatty a lot. That person probably has or had (or even WAS) an overweight friend who used that term a lot. I don't think they meant it mean, but as a way of reaching out to that person. "You think you're a fatty, and you think that *I* think you're a fatty, but here's what I REALLY think" sort of thing. That's what I took away from it though.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I never liked this. It's like when someone starts off with "No offense..." and they almost always offend you.

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about!
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Unnecessary!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    oh HAAAAAY!

200.gif
  • skidzarela
    Options
    Could it be they used "hey fatty" as a nod to the usual kinds of comments fat people expect to get from fit people just to get their attention? I'm fat and I know it. It's not a secret. It is out there for everyone to see. Were the person speaking out loud at the track, and not used the "fatty" moniker, that fat person could mistake the "YOU ROCK" for a comment to someone else. By saying "hey fatty" it directs the attention and leaves no question as to just who that person is praising. Words have power only if you give them power.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about!

You're Canadian, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think if someone were to say that exact same thing to me IRL I'd be insulted, but I read that and feel inspired. It's definitely awesome to think that the amazing runners you see out there are able to respect the newbies, even those of us who have more than a few pounds to lose before we even vaguely look like a runner.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Aside from the language ( yeah I'm one of those "prudes") I think it's great. It leads in to the typical "this is what small people think of big people" but does a complete 180. The fact that they acknowledge and understand the person's struggle is wonderful.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry!

Fixed it for him.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about! Sorry!

Fixed it for him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart:
  • brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    did you see the follow up from the "fatty"... http://theantijared.com/.../man-judged-westview-track.html
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    129076327389832516.jpg