1000 days, 130+ pounds lost (w/ too many pics!)

Options

Replies

• NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's funny, but I had the song "I'm on top of the world" by Imagine Dragons in my head as I was reading it. Thanks a lot for this.
  • des618
    des618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You have done a wonderful job!!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love love love your story. Thank you for sharing it so well. You are beautiful on the inside and out. Such an inspiration for me today.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Simply AMAZING!!! What an inspiration and display of determination! Continue with your success!!!
  • pettijdj
    pettijdj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Now, when I look back, I realize weight loss wasn't actually the goal. It was just the side-effect of a series of changes, big and small, that allow me to live my life to the fullest. I didn't struggle to lose 130+ pounds. Instead, I committed to choices that simply wouldn't support 308.5 pounds. My life doesn't have room for that weight anymore. It can’t hold me back. There are adventures to be had."

What you say above really hit home with me. You committed to choices that wouldn't support your old weight; it was literally "weighing you down" from your life's adventures. I am writing this in my journal for inspiration. I am new to MFP and success stories like yours mean everything to me. Thank you so much for sharing yourself so openly!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Amazeballs
  • laurenwhit279
    Options
    This is amazing and incredibly inspiring! I get all gung-ho about getting healthier, but then after a little bit it becomes more work for me than fun and I fall off the wagon, then eventually get back on. My biggest problem is just sucking it up and sticking to it. Also drinking enough water. I found out I was pregnant a couple months ago, so losing weight is now on hold, but i'm focusing on eating as healthy as I can and drinking LOTS of water. Luckily all of a sudden drinking enough water has become so easy for me and eating healthy isn't hard either. I crave fruit and salads a lot. I haven't had morning sickness thank goodness, so it's been easier for me to get enough nutrition. Staying active has been a little hard since i'm so tired all the time, but I at least take my dog on a walk every other day and do zumba when I have the energy.

Anyway, thank you so much for posting this! This has inspired me to stay healthy so that i'll be able to get back to losing weight easier and getting even healthier after baby is born.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    AWESOME AMAZING SUPER SPECTACULAR ENCOURAGING and just plain GREAT!!!!

Thank you for sharing :)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    amazing...I am at the beginning of my journey and cannot wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are so many adventures to be had...and I want to be there for all of them! God bless and great job!
  • jennycita
    jennycita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great story and amazing accomplishments!
    I have fallen off the wagon the past month or so and today is my first day back to the gym now that my girl scout cookies are officially gone!

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    From one Minnesotan to another & as a fellow MFP-er nearing my 1,000th day - WELL DONE!!! I enjoyed readng your post - very inspirational! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This. All this, right here. I go to read your blog when I need a little pick me up, and I love repeating your motto, "Live the healthiest life you can enjoy". Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and thank you for being such an inspiration to so many of us.
  • brian3245
    brian3245 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You must be very proud!!!! :-)
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is great to see. Congrats and thank you so much for sharing! !!!!!!!
  • prncsdi0423
    prncsdi0423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could die, I love this post soo much!! Soo well written, so much heart, soo much inspiration! Good for you, you look absolutely AMAZING! Soo inspiring!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your life! I am on day 470 and get some static occasionally about "doing it forever". Thanks for posting, I got a ways to go to forever and I do see my self here 530 days from now and more. Happy life to you.
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! congrats!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your amazing story and congratulations on your success and dedication. I have decided to print off your story to read and get some pointers to reach my goal.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look stunning....you were always beautiful, but now your features just pop. I love how you incorporate fitness into activities with your family. That's one of the best ways to stay healthy.

I'm so jealous you got to meet Kerrie Washington! I watch Scandal too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!