My mom just took away the tv without any warning!

Options

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    If someone starts yelling about their daddy being a famous banker, I'm out.

Nah, that chick was loaded, remember? She had a credit card.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Nah, that chick was loaded, remember? She had a credit card.
    Oh yeah! But she wouldn't give out the number because *that* would be stupid.
  • tvfangirl
    tvfangirl Posts: 20
    Options
    Who needs a tv when you have the internet?
    I have limited access to the internet, I don't have access at home, only at the library or on my tablet with the wifi at starbucks.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Is this the same chick being talked about earlier or have i missed something else?
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I guess it's time to get a job, move out, and buy your own TV.
    I cant move out because I don't have a high enough paying job with enough hours because I have a mental/learning disability.
    If this is the case then I apologise for all previous comments. However if you need to still be living with your mum maybe contribute more to the household, presumably you are doing something wrong if she is feeling the need to take the tv off of you.

But I suspect you are saying this now because of previous comments in the thread, not because its actually true.

I suspect you may be right. I thought the same thing.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I cant move out because I don't have a high enough paying job with enough hours because I have a mental/learning disability.
    If this is the case then I apologise for all previous comments. However if you need to still be living with your mum maybe contribute more to the household, presumably you are doing something wrong if she is feeling the need to take the tv off of you.

But I suspect you are saying this now because of previous comments in the thread, not because its actually true.

Which would be a shame as it make everyone who really does have issues get dirty looks and never ask for the help they need.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    I have limited access to the internet, I don't have access at home, only at the library or on my tablet with the wifi at starbucks.
    If you can afford a tablet and starbucks you can look at moving out of home, even if you have to go into a flatmate type situation. At the very least you can afford to start paying board if you don't already so your mum will be less pissy.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Is this the same chick being talked about earlier or have i missed something else?
    Same chick.
  • obsidianwings
    Options

Which would be a shame as it make everyone who really does have issues get dirty looks and never ask for the help they need.
    Yep. Sad.
  • tvfangirl
    Options

Why don't you think it is actually true/
  • tvfangirl
    Options
    If you can afford a tablet and starbucks you can look at moving out of home, even if you have to go into a flatmate type situation. At the very least you can afford to start paying board if you don't already so your mum will be less pissy.
    What is a flatmate type of situation?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    She can also read and write and use a tablet and connect it to wifi at the library or starbucks, but expects us to believe she can't get a job or be a productive citizen.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    OP, what we're getting at is that we're all trolled out for today. Try another venue.
  • obsidianwings
    Options

Why don't you think it is actually true/
    Because you only brought it up when someone gave you the handy excuse, rather than mentioning earlier why you couldn't move out within the first few pages of people suggesting you move out.

Flatmates is when you go rent a house with other people, where you all pay your fair share and do you fair share of looking after the house. Would be cheaper than going and getting a place totally on your own.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    OP, what we're getting at is that we're all trolled out for today. Try another venue.
    Yeah pretty much this. I'm out. MIght still read for the lols though :P
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    this thread is awesome.

solid first post!

edited to add....
    she wants you out. you're 25. she expected you to be on your own by now.
    she's going to keep doing things like this until you leave.

edited to add more...
    your username and this story are just fantastic!

This^^¥ exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dellie1989
    Options
    She can also read and write and use a tablet and connect it to wifi at the library or starbucks, but expects us to believe she can't get a job or be a productive citizen.

Disabilities don't always mean you can't read or write. If it's mental, it could be something the OP does, like the way she reacts towards other people. Hence the 'rude' comment to her mother.

That being said, it does seem rather fishy that OP didn't mention it until someone else did!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^I agree.
  • tvfangirl
    Options

Disabilities don't always mean you can't read or write. If it's mental, it could be something the OP does, like the way she reacts towards other people. Hence the 'rude' comment to her mother.

That being said, it does seem rather fishy that OP didn't mention it until someone else did!!
    It wasn't a rude comment, it was a question that I asked nicely.
  • Dellie1989
    Options

It wasn't a rude comment, it was a question that I asked nicely.

But did it come across nicely? Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it.