Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    I'm getting married on 23 Aug this year. Still got 30 lbs of fat to shift....I think I've got 24 weeks left....
  • Kimber250
    Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
    Such great motivation! June is in the near distance, but I know you can do this!

Where is the wedding?
  • Kimber250
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I've been engaged since September 2012. We finally set our date - June 14th, 2014! :smile:

*******June will be beautiful*******
  • Kimber250
    I am getting married on October 4, 2014 and I am in the same boat! I want to lose 10-20 more pounds and tighten up! No soft underarms anymore, dammit!

So great!! Glad you are here!

What kind of excersizes are you doing?? I need ideas :)
  • Kimber250
    I'm doing this due to some unexpected weight gain in the last year. My wedding is June 1st though, so I have less time.I'm wearing a sari, which can be fairly forgiving since most of it is a huge piece of cloth, but my blouse underneath is going to be tailored. I had a lot of success with paleo last year at this time but got derailed around finals and never got back on track.

Tell me about Paleo.. what is it exactly?
  • Kimber250
    I'm sweating for a wedding on October 18, 2014 too! It's my son's wedding - does that still count? He's marrying a tiny little thing, who comes from a family of tiny little things. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs by then.

Absolutely!! Welcome aboard! :)

How long have you been losing? Whats your strategy?
  • Kimber250
    I am sweating for the wedding. Our wedding date is Feb 12, 2015. I'm looking to lose about 30 more lbs before I buy the dress.

So Great!!! Feb will be beautiful!! :) Where are you getting married? Destination? what are your colors?
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    My partner wants to get married this year. I refuse to set a date until I am around a size 12.
    Maybe end of the year shotgun wedding :) I never wanted anything big and we both have no family coming so it will be a town hall service followed by drinks and canapés with friends at a suite we will hire for the weekend in the city :)

Good luck to you all. Feel free to add me :)
  • Chandra01
    Chandra01 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats im getting married September 20
  • Kimber250
    My partner wants to get married this year. I refuse to set a date until I am around a size 12.
    Maybe end of the year shotgun wedding :) I never wanted anything big and we both have no family coming so it will be a town hall service followed by drinks and canapés with friends at a suite we will hire for the weekend in the city :)

SOOO FUN!!! I wish I could wait, I just wanna run down that aisle so quickly... :)<3

what is your strategy? what is your daily diet like? exercise?
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Congrats! I'm engaged but haven't set a date yet, but considering I have about 80+ pounds total to lose to be "healthy weight" why not consider it sweating for the wedding too? :)

SW: 226.4
    CW: 198.6
    GW: 150 is my point where I am choosing because I haven't been under this number in about 15 yrs (when I was in my mid 20s).

:)
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member

That's kind of how I'm feeling, he wants to get married this year, I want to be smaller/healthier. We also don't have a lot of family around or friends really as our "people" are spread all over the US and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to get married around here with a bigger wedding as the only florist in our small town, my fiance's ex-wife works at, and that's weird to me lol... among other reasons, I just don't want a huge wedding, never really have, but we both have huge families, so its hard to figure out what we want to do. Your idea sounds awesome!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    I got married last June, but I'm hoping to lose weight by my first anniversary this year. :) I have friends getting married next June, and I'm just waiting on one of my best friends to get engaged and will probably be in her wedding so I want to get looking fabulous and stay that way. I also love weddings and can offer my experience in the planning as well as the experiences of around 80 friends I have who also got married last June. Any of you are free to add me.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    I am trying to lose a few pounds for my dad's wedding in May. Does that count? lol Hoping to lose 10 to 20 lbs.
  • nbenoist87
    nbenoist87 Posts: 12 Member
    Me too! Our wedding date is 12/13/14 :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Planning but no dates because I wanted to make sure I'd fit in that dress, haha!
  • 1808kristin
    1808kristin Posts: 23 Member
    Getting married on1 November, still got 8kg (16 lbs to loose).
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    me
  • doover3
    doover3 Posts: 25
    Congratulations! Impending engagement this year, hoping to get married in the summer of 2015, so I guess I could be sweating for the wedding?! Our goals are so similar - CW 244, GW this year 190 - good luck!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Our wedding is 20th September 2014 (squeeee!!!) and I'd like to lose another stone (14lbs) by then. I am definitely sweating for the wedding with 45 mins to an hour of blogilates every morning, two spinning classes per week, netball training once a week and swimming and running if I can fit it in on the other days! I am eating as clean as possible too.

I am giggling at what I just wrote because it sounds like I am absolutely mental, but actually I am super pumped and motivated right now so I'm really enjoying it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!