Best way to meet someone?

Options
hazeljordan1974
hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
I've been in the single pool a little while and although I really enjoy my freedom and doing things for me I miss having that someone special in my life and want to go about meeting someone.

Any suggestions on good places to meet people? If you are happily in a couple how did you meet?

I know a lot of people meet on-line, but I'm not convinced that is the only way to meet people.

Thank you peeps! :smile:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Show some skin on here.
    Tight clothes.

Accept pervy PMs.

You're welcome.
  • _Handsome1_
    Options
    How old are you?
  • GingerJenX3
    GingerJenX3 Posts: 419
    Options
    :smile: when I was single...I met people at the rec center...pool .....also at starbucks! lol

sometimes its a vibe you put out men can sense it....when you walk down the street...when your shopping... if you put it out there they will come! Haha seriously I hope that helps!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Support groups are excellent places to meet someone.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    friends of friends
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    I meet them at funerals, easy pickings.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I meet them at funerals, easy pickings.
    :laugh:
  • GingerJenX3
    GingerJenX3 Posts: 419
    Options
    lmao!! that's bad!
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I met my partner through Plenty of Fish, although there are a lot of people who use the site for a hook up site. There are people there that are looking for relationships.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP.

And you don't have to show skin... although I'm not opposed if you'd like to give us a quick demo of what's for sale.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    MFP.

And you don't have to show skin... although I'm not opposed if you'd like to give us a quick demo of what's for sale.

That's not true, the only girls I talk to on MFP are barely clothed....
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met at a college orientation. Find some organizations that interest you so you know anyone you meet at least has a shared interest that can be a great starting point.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    MFP.

He isn't lying. Even goes to other social media to stalk...
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    MFP.

Catfish...beware of the catfish bro
    12657296111596.jpg
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    AOL Chat
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    MFP.

He isn't lying. Even goes to other social media to stalk...

She just proved why I'm on MFP!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    try Meetup.com. you can meet so many different people with similiar interests. AND, if you don't meet that someone special, it's always a great opportunity to get out to try new things in your area, make friends & network.

http://www.meetup.com/

good luck to you.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I know you're not totally sold on the online idea but I met my husband on OK Cupid. I think it can work if you're absolutely honest about who you are and EXACTLY what you're seeking in a partner or date. By this I am saying *delete/block* any people who don't totally meet your requirements or when you feel like they may be lying -- and if someone DOES sound great, ask lots of questions and chat, but meet them irl quickly to avoid wasting time. JMHO!