Any 40+ sisters out there for motivation?

Options

Replies

• browns1908
    browns1908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    43...single mom to 2(15 and 18). Please add me!
  • sunnyjewels73
    Options
    I'm a 41 yr old mom to 4 kiddos! Trying to lose at least 60lbs. Trying to change the way I eat but having a hard time getting motivated to exercise!! You can add me--trying to get motivated.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request.

I'm 44. I have four kids age 7, 7, 12, 14. I'm half way to losing 60lbs. So much easier to gain and harder to lose now compared to when I was 30 - and my knees are more like 65 I think :P

It is hard to be patient but all the inspiration from seeing others do it day to day is great!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and have a 6 & 8 yr old. Would like to lose 15 pounds but having a hard time because I can't exercise. Would love some motivating friends (and to be one to others) if anyone would like to send a friend request. (Please leave a short message)

My mind still thinks I'm 20 but unfortunately my body doesn't. :-( Still have hope that I'll rock a bikini one day (one can dream! ). :happy:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    49 for a few more days, I will be 50 next Tuesday:heart: , feel free to add me I am on here everyday, and have 33 years of weightlifting & working out under my belt...
  • carissa321
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I'm fairly new ... and "back" to MFP. I'm 40 and would love more sisters in sweat around my age too :-)
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    I am in my 40's feel free to add me:)
  • Lovethepixies
    Options
    41 here. New to MFP (think I have 8 days under my belt). Looking for support as well.
  • Lilley145
    Options
    42 and have MS have been struggling with weight loss for the past 4 years. I used to walk a lot but finding it harder to do now. I continue to walk but it is just a 1/2 mile at a time versus 5 miles a day I used to do. I am finding that this 1200 cal. diet is very hard but so far 10 days in.:smokin:
  • CrazySpice
    Options
    I'm on the same boat and just joined. I will send a friend request
  • rrloos
    rrloos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    56, (is that too old?) out of shape, but started losing in January and starting workouts tomorrow. I'd love more motivation. I have the best friend who helps me every day! My daughter and I are starting the 30 day shred tomorrow. Every bit of encouragement will help. I also love to hear about everyone's successes, big and little. Count me in.
    Rita
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and back on this weight loss journey as well. I will send a request!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    45 here! I am definitely finding this journey to be a tougher one than when I was younger, but I've found setting small goals are making it more achievable (as well as being kind to myself and picking myself up when I've had a bad day).
  • wendimarr
    wendimarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 in a few months, I have a lovely partner and a 16 year old !!! I know exactly how you feel...I am dieting but haven't got into the swing of exercising yet ..

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as I love to be inspired by other folks achievements.

Wendi xxx
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    53 with 3 boys - 17 and up - working toward a healthier life!
  • pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will be turning 40 this year! 4-0!?!?! Where did the time go? I'm actually feeling my best at this age than I've ever been! I've put my health and well being first! I'm making good food choices; drinking lots of water; exercising! Here's to being the best role model I can be for my 6 year old twin boys!!! Nothing like having more support with people who share my same goals!!! ;)
  • J3nn40
    J3nn40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 40, 2 kids 17 & 10 (loves of my life). Just getting back into it... my knees crack and pop every morning but I keep on going. Doing the color run next weekend and running (i hope) the foam fest in May. 5 total surgeries in the abdominal region and can't get rid of the pooch. :(
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am the oldest kindergarten mommy. Hoping to lose 50 lbs and get fit. I need to be on my game as I have teenagers and a little one. Good luck to everyone on their way to their goal :)
  • Lizzylee120
    Options
    I'm 46 and just starting out (again). Please add me!! I need motivation too! We can all boost each other up. :-)
  • LauraFouhse
    LauraFouhse Posts: 115
    Options
    Just turned 45 and feeling awesome. Better shape now than high school. Add me.