When do you log your food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Almost always a couple of days in advance. It really helps me to have those decisions made and to not have to think about food so much. It also helps with grocery shopping. There are times, of course, when life throws changes at me and I make adjustments to my log as needed. From experience, if I waited until the end of the day I always forgot something. Just as easy to log before a meal as after and I find I am much more disciplined when I log before. Best of luck!
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Options
    I almost always log right after (although in some cases, I'll log it once I make it - hello coffee and Kahlua). Pre-logging isn't a thing for me because a) I hate to cook and b) it seems stressful. I don't want to have to worry about whether or not I can have something. I will try to make good choices, and if at the end of the day that wasn't enough then I guess I better throw in some exercise. I'm very straightforward that way.
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm a log as you go person. I have it on a tablet and my home computer, of course - but can't always get the log correct when i'm out and about. Then I just log as well as I can figure or make Food Notes and then update when I get home.. To me it's an important part of mindful eating - to pay attention to the numbers as I eat. Do the numbers taste good? or are they not worth it?

I like this. To me, this is a very good way to look at/handle things. (^_^) Kudos.
  • deflepchik
    Options
    during the week I normally know what I am taking to work to eat, so I'll log first thing in the morning. At night I'll log my dinner either right before or right after. :flowerforyou:
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I usually log it while I'm cooking or (if I wasn't the one to cook) right after the meal.
    I try to log my lunch for work the night before that way I can decide what I'm having, and if I don't eat it all I'll just take it out.
    There are days when I've decided my meal plan the night before and log it then, but that isn't every day, and sometimes dinner changes or work is too busy to eat, so I'm not too set on doing that.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log as I prepare my meals since the packages are available and I use the APP bar code scanner on my phone/ipad/ipod. It's so easy to have them handy and my laptop/PC isn't always turned on. Other times I log at the end of my meal. Rarely do I wait until the end of the day. I can't remember where I put my keys, much less what I ate and how much!!

Connie
    Pomona, MO
  • MicheleMWolf
    Options
    I log it first thing in the morning. If something changes, then I'll change it before I eat it.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I plan the majority of my meals for the week on Saturday or Sunday of each week. Most of the time I log it before I eat but the same day. If I know I'm going to be extremely busy, I will prelog my main meals the day before.