Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can Anyone Help Me Maths?

Ok, my can of soup is 524G. A serving size is 252G. The soup is 100 cals per serving. If I ate the whole can, how many calories did I eat?

I am really awful at math. I am trying to come up with an equation that will solve this for me. This is what I came up with:

100 / 252 = .4 cals per G

So if I ate 524G then the whole thing was 209.6 cals, right?

I'm not THAT obsessed about the 9 calories, I just face math like this all the time and I wanted help sorting out how to get the right answer.

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Ok, if there are 524G in the can and a serving size is 252G, that means there are roughly 2.08 servings per can (divide 524 by 252). That means the whole can would be roughly 208 calories (2.08*100). I think I did that right. :)
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Yes, your math is accurate OP.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Thanks!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    In case you want the math-free version when logging something like this: Just select the "1g" option instead of the "524g" option and then enter the exact grams for the number of servings :)
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Does anyone have a hard time getting the mobile app to log this properly? I was trying to be a good girl yesterday and weigh instead of measure my solids, and I was having a hard time getting 4g of butter to come through. Had to go to the desktop version.