How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Because of past issues with an eating disorder, I'm only allowed to weigh myself once a month. In my doctor's perfect world, I'd never weigh myself. I'd only get weighed at his office, which is fine because I see him once every 4 -6 weeks.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I only log my weight on MFP once a month, once I know for sure that my weight is "real" and not water weight or period weight.

Though I think for the month of April I will log my weight daily into MFP every morning to see what the patterns are (I like the graphs on this site) I like numbers and graphs to show me what my body is doing :)
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Monday morning. Sunday is my rest day, and I usually sleep in and eat less overall, so it's likely my lowest weight of the week. It's pretty motivating for the rest of the week to see that number first thing, too.

I used to weigh daily, but that started feeling like a chore and made me grumpy so I cut it back.
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Since I have a quality engineering background and am trained in Six Sigma, I weigh myself daily and plot it on a control chart. My goal is to become "out of control" on the chart. I know that it sounds geeky but it works for me.
  • mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also a daily weigher, I'm glad I'm not alone in that! I record my weight here each Friday, even the gains.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just bought a wifi scale and I weigh myself daily - so it uploads my weight automatically to myfitnesspal because I have my accounts linked. It's pretty neat. I find I stay on track better if I weigh daily, even when I have those annoying fluctuations where I know should have lost weight because I had a calorie deficit the day before, but I'm retaining water so it shows a gain, blah blah blah...
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I log every time I see a loss. I don't log the gains.
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday before my swim (usually 12:30 ish) because I'm at college and the only scale I have access to is at the gym. Once I'm home for the summer, I plan to continue weighing myself once a week, but in the morning after I've peed but before I eat/drink. I also don't log any weight unless it's a significant loss (2-3 lbs) because the scale at my gym doesn't seem to be zeroed out and it's one of those where you put over the little markers so it's not that accurate anyway. :grumble:
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week.
    On Friday mornings.

My scale used to say that I wasn't losing.
    I drowned that one.

Another scale said that I had gained.
    That was the last thing it said.

Word has gotten around now and, the scales are suitably intimidated.
    They know that if they weigh ME heavy, there is a price to be paid.

I haven't had a problem since.

It was actually a conspiracy.
    And all this time I thought I was just fat.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    O.C.D. Google it.
  • bitterpeaches
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Seeing the number bounce around actually doesn't affect me that much. If anything, I like seeing the pattern.

As long as overall I'm losing, it doesn't bother me and I just continue with what I'm doing. If it starts moving upwards, I adjust my routine. Usually I'll cut back on something I'm currently munching on or up the exercise. (:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I've decided to stop logging and even checking my weight and just log my body fat % that I get from my trainer every 6 weeks or so.
  • Jeannieclark84
    Jeannieclark84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Saturday mornings at 7:00 every week.

3153899.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and note it in a calendar. I only officially log it if I am down.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Sunday .... I record every loss or gain for my record
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh and log my results once a week, but I am now only weighing once a month. Thankfully, I have not had a gain since joining MFP, but I would definitely log it. No need of fighting it. That's all a part of the process. :smile:
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. I log when I see the "new" weight a few times. I don't change it if I fluctuate up a bit. I know I'm eating at a deficit and didn't gain any fat. But I try not to pull the trigger on a new, lower weight until I feel like it'll stick. Like, right now, my "official" weight is 182. I was 181.4 this morning and 180.7 this afternoon. If I don't see 182 the rest of the week, I'll change it to 181.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only record when I see a loss. Doesn't matter the day of the week. If I lose weight and it "sticks" for a few days, then I assume its a permanent loss so I record it.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    When I started I weighed and logged every Monday. I suggest you don't do that, especially if you tend to relax on your eating on weekends. After 2 weeks I switched to weighing daily and logging only losses, I know I haven't been truly gaining weight according to the trends, so I don't log gains. Also, seeing the lowest weight motivates me to get back down to that number quickly. I track my daily weight in another app.