i dont like lifting :( no results

Options
ive been doing stonglifts for 3 1/2 months now and eating a slight deficit since i dont have much more to lose, and so far i hate lifting, and to top it off, i took a b4 and after pic AnD took measurments and nothing has changed! all i want is a flat belly :sad:

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :cry: uh oh
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    edit- you said originally

how much of a deficit?

are your lifts going up?
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    What's your routine look like? lifts/weights/reps
  • christinelast
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

and please do not say go heavier because this is still heavy for me
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I hate lifting too, it's not fun for me. I still strength train because I know it's important, I just do yoga or pilates instead,
  • christinelast
    Options
    I hate lifting too, it's not fun for me. I still strength train because I know it's important, I just do yoga or pilates instead,

is pilates considered strength training?
  • Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options

I also HATE lifting...it's so boring to me to do the same repetitive motion over and over again. I prefer body weight exercises like pilates also. I started p90x3 about a month ago and like that wayyy better. It can also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    It can a also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.
    Squats hit everything, deadlifts hit everything, it is really difficult to isolate just one muscle
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong!
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    have you tried different types of lifts like barbell military press etc
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you hate it, do something else. Lifting isn't the end-all, be-all. However, it is generally the quickest way to a better body, especially if you're over 30.

I've been following SL for 5 months. I am definitely seeing results. But I'm doing a recomp, so that may be different.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    How often do you lift? What did you start with? How's your form? Are you doing anything else besides these workouts?

Give us a little bit to work with so we can offer advice...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the stronglifts program, but I suspect if you are doing the same exercises every time for 3 months you may get a bit stronger but you probably won't see results. Can you mix it up a bit and do variations of these exercises?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I also HATE lifting...it's so boring to me to do the same repetitive motion over and over again. I prefer body weight exercises like pilates also. I started p90x3 about a month ago and like that wayyy better. It can also be argued that exercises like that are better for you because the movements target a variety of muscles versus just one with traditional weight lifting.

So.... in order words, you enjoy those because it's easier than lifting heavy weights.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    No ones asked; how's your diary looking? Usually when one says something doesn't work, nutrition is usually a major factor in that. Slight deficit isn't an answer.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    With what weights did you start?

What has your weight done over the past 4 weeks?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    squat- 50 lbs 5x5

deadflift-100 lbs 5x5

row- 20 lbs 5x5

press- 40 5x5

and please do not say go heavier because this is still heavy for me

How many reps can you do before you fail (drop the weight)?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    No results usually means that either lack of effort is being applied (bad form, lack of resistance or intensity) or something is up with your intake.
    I've heard this from clients before they start with me, then when they actually workout with all the corrections results appear.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You're either lifting with not enough intensity, not progressing in strength or work done, or your diet is totally off. Isolate and fix.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I haz a sad from this thread. :cry: