Life without TV?

Options
Cameron_1969
Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
My TV is shot. Should I get a new one? I'm thinkin' no. .

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    day dreaming is more fun anyway
  • TonyCrux89
    Options
    NO! READ. Ahhh.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I haven't owned one in years.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i'd say no
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If there aren't any shows you're actively invested in, and you just mindlessly watch it, then I say go without. You probably won't miss it.
  • U_R_my_Sunshine
    U_R_my_Sunshine Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I vote no. It's mostly crap anyways.
  • Gameofthrone
    Gameofthrone Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I vote no, anything that you enjoy watching is available online now-a-days. Besides the shows I enjoy (ellen, survivor, big brother, etc) if I watch it on the actual tv I end up watching other shows that I wouldn't otherwise.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Spare yourself. They're heeeeeere.

31237-Poltergeist.gif
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched TV in years, and my life is better for it. TV makes people stupid.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't watch tv 99% of the time. Much better life for me...
  • Gameofthrone
    Gameofthrone Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    ^ not necessarily true, there's a lot of informative shows on discovery or history (before they got crazy w/ the alien theories)

(in response to tv makes ppl stupid)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When I moved out of my last place I never hooked cable up. . After a month or so I realized I didn't need it. .However I do have netflix and vudu and blu-ray. . so without a tv I lose all that. I don't watch netflix much but my kid does(all the more reason to get rid of it, I'm thinkin'). . BUT. . and here's the kicker. . My kid and I like to watch nature shows on neflix together. .

(sigh). . I think I'm gonna have to get another one. . But I'll give it a month or so . . just to see how things are.
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If your using a highs peed connect to the internet, Just watch any TV programming on your comp. Your comp should also be able to play any disks you have.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    When I moved out of my last place I never hooked cable up. . After a month or so I realized I didn't need it. .However I do have netflix and vudu and blu-ray. . so without a tv I lose all that. I don't watch netflix much but my kid does(all the more reason to get rid of it, I'm thinkin'). . BUT. . and here's the kicker. . My kid and I like to watch nature shows on neflix together. .

(sigh). . I think I'm gonna have to get another one. . But I'll give it a month or so . . just to see how things are.

You can watch Netflix on your computer. That's what I do. We have a TV now, but I still watch Netflix on my computer. The TV is off most of the time because the kids are outside playing.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Nope...Nada...No Way.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I need one for sports and movies.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Nah...just pirate all your shows off the internet and cut down on bills by having no cable bill.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    i rarely watch the one that I have, so I am going to say . . . Nope. Don't bother.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think I'd miss mine even if I dont watch it that much. I'd miss having the choice.........