How often do you log your weight?

Options

Replies

• MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and note it in a calendar. I only officially log it if I am down.

This is exactly what I do as well. I text my mom my weight every morning and she keeps track of it in a calendar (yes, I am 39 years old and my mom is tracking my weight for me - ha ha). I don't know why it is, we just started that a long time ago (we are both trying to lose some weight). I log my losses on MFP.
    053069 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Daily. I have just recently started to count my calories, as for years I was on a different diet (mainly no carbs, no sugar, unlimited quantity). Until I will get used with foods and numbers, I will check everything as often as I can. Daily is good as it gives me the opportunity to see how my body reacted to different types of foods. good luck to all ! .. and to myself :bigsmile:
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I logged approximately weekyly, on varying days as I didn't have a scale. I had to use my mom's whenever I happened to be at her place :) BUT I just bought a scale today. And put it right next to the fridge :) I have a feeling I'll be a daily, or even multiple time a day, for a while. I like the idea of logging whenever I see the same number show up a few days in a row. I think that'll be my new plan.
  • abhull14
    abhull14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday normally its later in the day, reason behind that is that's when I first got my scale. It is nice to see the number going into the weekend so I can stay on track and not over indulge. I tried weighing in daily but, I like waiting for a week to see how I did, its almost like my own biggest loser show to see how well I am doing!!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I log it every single time it goes down
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    about 2-3 times a week. Once before and once after the weekend for sure
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily versus auto-linked scale, but I only post a weight loss to my friends list if I've lost 5 pounds from my previous announcement... those posts have been months in between, unfortunately.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Twice a week....Tuesday and Friday. And I log it regardless....whether it's a loss or a gain.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I log it every time I weigh myself, which is usually twice a week.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily but I only log my weight on the first day of each month. I'm not sure why. I guess I find the larger number more motivating?

What does everyone else do? And do you or would you log a gain?
    Every few days, up or down.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily .. first thing in the morning. I only log my weight here in MFP when it goes down, so it could be days or weeks between entries.

I really think the scale is stupid .. and I am more interested in my body fat %, muscle mass and lean body mass (my scale does all this .. this is more what I want to see). Those are much more meaningful to me to gauge my success or failures.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    daily....I can't help myself :) it's just a part of who I am. I also do strange food jags and practice portion control. I don't limit, what I eat too much. I've cut down big time on candy and desserts.
  • suecan2
    suecan2 Posts: 45
    Options
    i only weigh in about once a month.. but i've been tracking for almost 3 years tho
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    I log once a week to two weeks if I can. I log both losses and gains.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Usually every thursday morning if i can. Once a month i check between the home scale and scale at my doctor a half hour later.
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    I weigh, measure, and log 1x week ... on Wednesdays which is just random :)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every day and OBSESSING about it but had official weigh ins once a week as part of an 8 week challenge I was doing.... But this time I am staying on track with my cousin as my weight loss buddy and we weighed in March 1st and will not weight at all again until April 1st. It's so so nice not to obsess so much anymore.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I haven't logged my weight for 11 weeks. It makes me smile when I actually weigh what the predictor thingy says.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log daily.
  • polkadotmoon
    Options
    For fun I step on the scales at work pretty much every day, but never log the weight. Those weigh ins are just part of the routine, everyone at work does it; step on the dog scales, see what they say today, and then start seeing how accurately the scales weight pre-weighed bags of animal food so we can make excuses for why the work scales say we weigh 3 kilos heavier than our home scales.

In terms of logging, then I log my weight once a month. Not here, I tend to forget about here, but on a spreadsheet I've set up to track my weight and interim goals. Monthly logs seem to work for me, I don't obsess (too much) over calorie intake/expenditure and at my current weight it means even if I have an off week a monthly log will show me that actually the weight is coming off so it's definitely worth sticking to the plan. I think I'd get far too demoralised by weekly/daily weigh ins, I know myself better than to think I could stick to a tight enough diet plan that I'd consistently see a loss of 2lbs a week, and if I didn't see that drop my inner defeatist would want to throw in the towel XD.