Replies

• fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking a dump.

It works.
  • kelseylynne1320
    Options
    I always have the same problem, at the same weight. Recently I haven't been going over my calories by more than 200 or 300 a day, which I balance out with deficits on other days in order to maintain weight. You definitely didn't gain two pounds by going over that much. its either water or bloating. Give It a few days. It always happens to me and the weight is normal by the morning!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself every day. Once a week will suffice.

I don't believe in this.

I would recommend fasting until it's back to normal.
  • Erikaelias85
    Erikaelias85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You probably have to poop! :ohwell:
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I don't believe in this.

I'm not sure why this post got dredged back up from a couple weeks ago, but ^^^ that is awful advice. For anyone that finds this later- fasting is not a good way to react to what is almost certainly water weight gain. Take a deep breath and carry on with your normal routine. Drink some water, eat normally and let your body's natural functions take care of the rest.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's more than likely water weight. you are expected to fluctuate a bound or 3 depending on your sodium and water intake. Try increasing your water intake by 3 to 4 cups and cut out salt laden foods for a few days. you should pee it right out. The other reason may be you need to poo.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I wish people would realise that weight changes by the day and by the hour even, having a glass of water can add a pound until you take a pee. Different foods will impact weight in different ways, temporarily, depending on salt content and bulk. Certain foods absorb more water and thus can make the scale go up until you take a dump. Different times of day will yield variances in weight, and even a hard workout can cause a rise in the scale as a result of the muscles holding more water and glycogen. My weight is often 2 pounds higher after my main meal in the evening. Once I ate a couple of fruited loaves of bakery bread in a 12 hour period.... Next day, my weight was up 5 pounds and I freaked out. By the same evening, after a bike ride and sensible lunch, 4 of those pounds had dropped right back off again.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    it is water weight/bloat.

drink lots of water and flush it out...and yes, take a dump, it does the body wonders...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I don't believe in this.

I'm not sure why this post got dredged back up from a couple weeks ago, but ^^^ that is awful advice. For anyone that finds this later- fasting is not a good way to react to what is almost certainly water weight gain. Take a deep breath and carry on with your normal routine. Drink some water, eat normally and let your body's natural functions take care of the rest.

it was sarcasm....
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This happens.
    I can gain 2-5 pounds in a day from what I did that day.
    If I had a hard workout - I "gain".

But make sure that you are weighing yourself in the morning - after the washroom.
    Chris and Heidi Powell from Extreme Makeover call these days - Guilt free days. They are used to boost up your metabolism.
    Just make sure that you get your butt in gear and get some more movement into your next couple of days.
    DO NOT DWELL ON IT. It's called life.
    You can't measure yourself on the scale everyday. It will fluctuate. Have you ever seen that ecard: I gained 10 pounds - but it was only a pound of chocolate!
    Get more movement into your day and get back on track! NO BIG DEAL!! You need to indulge every once in a while to stay on track because otherwise it would be a train wreck! So no worries - don't worry about it. Today is the day that you get back on track and drink your water and get moving!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I ate seafood two days in a row last week and my weight went up 3 lbs. It was back down 2 days later. Sodium will do that.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My scale moved three pounds yesterday. Weird. But it happens. Back down this morning after some quality time reading a magazine.

If I had a hard workout - I "gain".

I've had that happen too. Never understood that.