omg always starving and sick helppp

Options

Replies

• lmaopancakes
    Options
    i just did. it says 1610 calories...i just feel like that's a lot if i'm trying to lose weight, especially if i'm also being active?
    It's because you're being active that you need to eat more. You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight especially the small amount you want to lose.

This ^^

Too large a deficit will just result in losing muscle along with fat. You took 4 months to gain the 13 lbs, don't expect to lose it in a couple of weeks.

All of this ^^^^

I have more to lose than you but am consistently losing eating between 1600-1800. I am also very active.

this was good reassurance. "consistently losing eating...1600-1800"
    and i don't expect to lose in a couple weeks haha i just need to figure out WHAT do to :P
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4, just found out i'm 128 lbs. i'm ectomesomorph body type. i'm pretty skinny, but gain muscle faast, i have a LOT of muscle in my butts and legs, and a bit in my stomach area. i really want to get down to 115 again. oh also, i'm 20. female!

i'm hypoglycemic, and when my blood sugar gets low, i get STARVING, like literally, physically painfully hungry. and i also get dizzy and nauseous. i also have a pretty fast metabolism... -.-
    i don't work out too much... i am more now that it's warmer. most of my physical activity comes from (sorry tmi!) intimacy with my boyfriend, ha! so decent amount, but not suuuuper active.
    i'm trying to stay at 1200 cals a day...but omg it's hard. i keep just starving all the time!
    i eat whole grains, fruits and veggies, eggs, protein bars, lean meat... but it's just never enough. my metabolism just gobbles it up and i'm hungry within 2 hours.
    any advice? please!? this is so frustrating :(

did you feel like you wanted to lose weight before you learned your weight? are you wanting to get rid of your muscle? just asking because those are the two things you mentioned.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Agree with setting MFP to half a pound a week. 1600 sounds like a much more reasonable number. Make sure you eat often enough that you don't start feeling ill. 3 meals and 2 snacks, or however you need to break up those calories so you stay satisfied.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, when I first started, MFP told me to eat 1310 or something in order to hit my goals. I was STARVING, grouchy, and working out like 45 minutes in order to get more calories to eat. I was miserable.

I bumped it up to 1650/1700 net...and continued to eat back my exercise calories on most days (meaning I ate between 1600-2000 calories a day.

Doing that I lost 25 lbs. in 6 months. maybe it's not the norm, but that's what worked for me.

While people will disagree with me (and that's okay...to each his/her own), I also found that the more unprocessed foods I ate (meaning, eating primarily veggies and fruits), the more calories I could eat without gaining. I didn't lose, but I definitely didn't gain weight. I may have lost more if I wasn't eating SO many calories. HAHA.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Agree with setting MFP to half a pound a week. 1600 sounds like a much more reasonable number. Make sure you eat often enough that you don't start feeling ill. 3 meals and 2 snacks, or however you need to break up those calories so you stay satisfied.

^^ Yes. Whatever will work for you. I could tell you what works for me but it might be completely different for you. Once you increase your calories I bet you will be feeling better. I eat 3 meals, 2 snacks. I try to always include protein and veggies/fruit with my meals.
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Sounds like you need to eat more. Especially if your hypoglycemic. 1,200 is way to low for you, I wouldn't suggest less than your BMR. Maybe try to focus on your Body fat % instead of your weight.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    well i want to lose weight and also gain muscle. i want to lose the fat the has built up in my midsection and lower butt/upper thighs (that's where i always gain and lose first).
    if 1200 is too low then how much should i eat? :/

Go back into your MFP settings, change your loss to .5 lbs per week and your activity level to lightly active. Eat what it tells you, and eat more when you do exercise or more activity than your usual day.

Assuming she is lightly active? Office work for instance still brings things in at sedentary (backed up by FitBit) unless you do at least 4000 steps a day.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4, just found out i'm 128 lbs. i'm ectomesomorph body type. i'm pretty skinny, but gain muscle faast, i have a LOT of muscle in my butts and legs, and a bit in my stomach area. i really want to get down to 115 again. oh also, i'm 20. female!

i'm hypoglycemic, and when my blood sugar gets low, i get STARVING, like literally, physically painfully hungry. and i also get dizzy and nauseous. i also have a pretty fast metabolism... -.-
    i don't work out too much... i am more now that it's warmer. most of my physical activity comes from (sorry tmi!) intimacy with my boyfriend, ha! so decent amount, but not suuuuper active.
    i'm trying to stay at 1200 cals a day...but omg it's hard. i keep just starving all the time!
    i eat whole grains, fruits and veggies, eggs, protein bars, lean meat... but it's just never enough. my metabolism just gobbles it up and i'm hungry within 2 hours.

My advice is to question your current assumptions about yourself.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^I'm going with this as well.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

^I'm going with this as well.

And me as well.

I encourage you to check out the Guide to sexypants link someone posted on the first page.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more protein to keep your blood sugar levels stable. Eggs for breakfast, a protein shake or bar later, chicken, tuna, Greek yogurt, cheese, along with your fruit, veg, and carbs of your choice. And make sure you eat every 4 hours or so. Meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss, but it does matter for hypoglycemia. Eating for health (hypoglycemia) and eating for weight loss are sometimes two different things, but you can make it work because it's all about a calorie deficit. Lots of people do. I agree with others who suggested that you eat more. You'll feel better and still be able to reach your goal. Since you're only 13 lbs away from your goal I'd suggest you start lifting weights and eat a 10% calorie deficit. You'll lose fat and inches and firm up and get the shape you want. You'll be happier with your results when you reach your goal size. It's possible that you may not lose any pounds, but you'll look good and no one knows how much you weigh anyway. As long as you look and feel the way you want it doesn't matter what the scale says.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Banging your boyfriend doesn't really count as anything more than mild cardio.

:laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Okay...

...now I'm in.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Hullooooo, body weight exercise!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    well i want to lose weight and also gain muscle. i want to lose the fat the has built up in my midsection and lower butt/upper thighs (that's where i always gain and lose first).
    if 1200 is too low then how much should i eat? :/

Set your goal to maintain or half a pound per week loss, and lift heavy weights. That will get rid of the fat and give you the sort of body it sounds like you want. I would suggest Stronglifts 5x5. There are groups for it here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431684-pics-of-my-ginormous-man-muscles

and

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    can anyone suggest any foods or protein shakes or anything that can help me stay full longer and my blood sugar not crash? is more what i was looking for, please? lol
    Everyone has a different macro ratio that their body likes the best, so you may have to play around a little bit with yours to see what keeps you the most stable. My system goes haywire if I don't eat often enough or if I'm not getting enough protein and fat. I get dizzy, shaky, hot, nauseated and EVIL -- my BF jokes that he wants to hide behind the couch and throw candy bars at me when I forget to eat. I eat every 2-3 hours and have to incorporate some protein and fat into every meal and snack. I'd suggest eating on a regular schedule and eating before you're starting to crash.
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I have pretty severe hypoglycemia as well and when i start to get sick, I want to eat everything in sight to find a quick fix. Sometimes, it takes me a few days to get back to feeling normal. While the obvious solution is to not let your blood sugar get that low, it still happens to me from time to time. I have found that an apple with peanut butter will help me start to feel better in about twenty minutes and I can more rationally think through what I need to do next. You probably have figured this out for yourself, but eat a lot of protein in the morning and save the pancakes for later in the day.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree with the suggestions for protein in the morning if you're hypoglycemic. I have the same issue, and I've found that as long as I have enough protein (and NOT a lot of carbs or sugar) in the morning, it seems to keep my blood sugar levels stable. I generally just have high protein cereal or oatmeal with an egg for breakfast, and a handful of almonds for a morning snack. This stops the morning crash and gets me through until lunch. It seems like mornings are the worst for me. You can also talk to a dietician about hypoglycemic diet, or get a book. They have good suggestions for healthy foods to eat that will keep you from crashing.
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    See a dietician or physician.

If you are hypoglycemic, you need to eat properly. No matter what you want to weigh or look like in the mirror.

Health comes first and then you can aim for whatever you think is your perfect body.

Also, do some damn exercise and get some sunlight.
  • lmaopancakes
    Options

um, assumptions? i see zero assumptions made?