Awkward question for the men...(woman can't answer)

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm done being all serious...

Can someone please please please post a sugalumps gif? I will love you forever and ever!
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It would be rude to acknowlege or mention it. Just consider it a tic on their part.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Report them to HR.

The problems lies with that is politics. If I do that, I can assure you the company I work for will no longer get a contracted excepted, which is really my sole source of income now a days.

I don't want to ruffle feathers. Just want some advice if any dude has been in a similar situation. Just to extinguish the situation if I can a simple route.

I pretty restricted on what I can wear for safety and practicality reasons.

Now I'm curious..lol I'm guessing as a contractor you wear certain safety required PPE all day? Like maybe a harness and lanyard? I know sometimes the harness can ride up a little and *ehem* "enhance what might already be a gifted man, or make a not so gifted man appear to be gifted.

I'm also curious, if this is a woman checking you out, typically men aren't offended by this. Is it another guy?
  • Collier78
    Options
    I think every guy in here claiming this happens more than 1-2 times ever is lying.

Unless you are wearing super tight pants or packing some serious meat.

My husband is a pretty well endowed man...it typically doesn't matter what he's wearing..looks like he has a freaking cod piece on underneath his pants...especially in work out pants (not tights, sweatpants)...the looks we both get at the gym when he is working out sometimes make me blush!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Let them look at it. I might give a naughty smile and start a conversation.
    That is a definite no-no in my line a work especially in some buildings, occasionally there is a no-eye contact rule with employees (I'm a subcontractor) as silly as it sounds. Not even suppose to say good morning or thank you.

Of course this has to be ignored in some cases where you need to talk to them.

I just wanted to know what some men do in the situation happens to arise at work.

:embarassed:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Report them to HR.

The problems lies with that is politics. If I do that, I can assure you the company I work for will no longer get a contracted excepted, which is really my sole source of income now a days.

I don't want to ruffle feathers. Just want some advice if any dude has been in a similar situation. Just to extinguish the situation if I can a simple route.

If this questions was asked in sincerity, then the answer is probably a bit different. You're in a spot. You do, on some level, have to have your company's back here. If it's just staring I would give it a pass, in all honesty. I know that's terrible advice because objectification sucks regardless of who is being objectified. However, the reality is that no matter how perfectly and gender neutral we like to believe the rules / laws are written, they are still enforced by humans with huge biases. At the most I would mention it informally to your direct report supervisor. If nothing else, it lets them know that you are taking one for the team. If things escalate beyond that, to touching or unwelcome comments, then document document document. It's literally impossible to prove a leer. But everything beyond that is something that you need to log as religiously as you do your workouts. Even if you never plan on following through with a complaint, document it. You never know just how sideways **** can break and that documentation could save your *kitten*. Trust me, I've seen it.
  • Collier78
    Options
    Report them to HR.

If this questions was asked in sincerity, then the answer is probably a bit different. You're in a spot. You do, on some level, have to have your company's back here. If it's just staring I would give it a pass, in all honesty. I know that's terrible advice because objectification sucks regardless of who is being objectified. However, the reality is that no matter how perfectly and gender neutral we like to believe the rules / laws are written, they are still enforced by humans with huge biases. At the most I would mention it informally to your direct report supervisor. If nothing else, it lets them know that you are taking one for the team. If things escalate beyond that, to touching or unwelcome comments, then document document document. It's literally impossible to prove a leer. But everything beyond that is something that you need to log as religiously as you do your workouts. Even if you never plan on following through with a complaint, document it. You never know just how sideways **** can break and that documentation could save your *kitten*. Trust me, I've seen it.

^^Truth! Document, document, document
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I zip up and then jump back in my van and drive away before they call the cops.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Under Armour boxer briefs seem to encourage the glances toward Gonzo's nose, for what its worth
  • whatup_imtopher
    Options
    hey what if our boobs really did have mouths?? that'd be weird
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm done being all serious...

Can someone please please please post a sugalumps gif? I will love you forever and ever!

sugar-lumps-o.gif

was this what you had in mind?
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe.

The camel tail.

142vadu.png
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's impossible not to look

robert-plant.jpg
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I adjust my crotch... and then my boobs.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This does not happen..it just doesn't. .

I'll bet it happens more than you think it does. Even I catch myself looking when I don't mean to. The correct answer would be to just whip it out, though. Especially tomorrow. :wink: Wait, am I ovulating already?!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If its innocent a throat clear should be enough to make her blush and look away, if she is increasingly forward its awkward if you can't really talk to her but perhaps a 'seriously' or something followed by document. When you mentioned your line of work it did bring to mind a couple of ladies I ken in the past that were overly aggressive for fun to the point of cat calling and such. And they assumed the men appreciated (I guess because we ladies all like it so much)
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    just whip it out. That is probably what she wants anyway....

lmfao!!!! Note to self.....If you ever see Chief in person, don't look at his junk....hmmmm

Or...stare relentlessly. Just to see if he learned anything here.

Chief, you could also follow the path of those before you and embrace it:

tomjones.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Report them to HR.

If you're wearing those meggings to work, I could see it. I mean, I could see it happening.
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what do you do when women just stare at your dude? Like you walk by and they just stare at it...

emma_interested1.gif

This happens to OP.
    (Notsrs.)