How often do you log your weight?

Options
123457»

Replies

• boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily, and log whenever I see a loss. I fluctuate up and down, like everyone, but whenever I see a new low I log it.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I log it when it goes down, be it a 10th of a pound of 3lbs.
  • ndmathis
    ndmathis Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in and log my weight once weekly. I used to weigh daily, but the fluctuating was driving me crazy. It makes me stress, so for my sanity, I went to weekly.
  • labtechmike
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily but I only log my weight on the first day of each month. I'm not sure why. I guess I find the larger number more motivating?

What does everyone else do? And do you or would you log a gain?

I log it everyday there is a lose. I don't really subscribe to the theory of not weighing your self everyday because of the ups and downs. I had a lot of ups and downs when I started but now my weight either drops of stays the same I dont really see the ups.
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Twice a week.

I consider Monday to be my 'real' weigh in day, but I also weigh in on Thursday morning to try to keep me honest for the weekend.
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Aria scale and I weigh myself daily at around the same time every morning. My scale is synced with MFP so it is automatically logged everyday. I like to see the number as it fluctuates throughout the week but I remain focused on my goal of losing 1-2 lbs a week.
  • PaleoRN
    PaleoRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Daily. The scale is wifi linked to my desk top/ipad/phone so I have no excuses not to monitor. I can see where I missed goals and how it hurts my weight loss and vice versa so I find it motivational. Also it takes bmi & fat mass so I can allow for water gain/loss. that way I don't fret over little gains.
  • tamviolett
    tamviolett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself almost each day, but I log my weight each week.:flowerforyou:
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day, but only record on Mondays. I guess I'm a little obsessive, I like checking out the numbers, up or down. I used to beat myself up when the scale went up, but I'm over that now, and just like watching the trends in my weight loss.
  • fashi0nkilla
    fashi0nkilla Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    weekly
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I log every single time I have a new low. Sometimes that's several times per week. I did take a couple weeks off in Feb and gained a LOT from those two weeks - so when I came back I put in that new gain, but little gains, if I'm on the plan, are just noise to me and I don't worry about those unless I know I'm not doing the plan.
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    I weigh myself a couple times a week just to know I'm doing okay. However I do my official weigh in the first Sunday of each month , and I do my measurements then. I like to have an official record of how I did.

i have a health spreadsheet too.. workouts / min worked out/ miles walked / calorie days over / start weight / end weight of the month. I am a stat geek too! LOL
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every day, but don't typically log my weight unless there is a gain/loss of 2 or more lbs for a significant period of time.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    With a major change for me. I weigh daily but if it does not change more than 1-2 pounds on the day I weigh in.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Weigh and record everyday. I love data. Record every new lose on mfp. Even seeong thay .2 or .4 loss makes me feel amazing.