Girls how big are your calves

124»

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    My big calves are a very muscular & sexy 19". When I was at my highest weight (327), they were 25". Now that is the size of my thigh! My calves will never be very small because of my build but I'm okay with that.

ETA : I'm 5'5" & 235-240 lbs right now.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    5'6" and mine are a spindly 13", lol. They'd look fine/nice if it weren't for all the muscle I have above the knee. It's like my calves got completely different genetics (and they don't ever gain fat, either)!

My wrists and ankles both are much tinier than the rest of my frame, too. I get little on the extremities, a bit like an ostrich ;)

edit: It's me! :D
    91_Ostrich_*kitten*_Serengeti_reg.jpg
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    5'2 and 13 inches.
  • Mitzikittee
    Mitzikittee Posts: 6 Member
    I have this problem too.I keep wanting to know if they ever will get smaller or just better defined? Will they get smaller or larger if I exercise them more? Right now they are pretty solid.:sad:
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm 5'2 and 127 pounds. My calves are13.5". They were 14" when I was between 130-135 pounds. My calves are very muscular but they are getting smaller as I'm loosing weight.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    I measured mine for the first time last night after reading this thread and they're 17.5. I'm 5'6'' and 168lb.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Mine are 15". I'm 5' 6" and 151lbs. Weirdly they have stayed at the same measurement all along even though I have lost 50lbs
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Huge. You don't want to know. My calves are horrible. I can't wear boots at all. It's just bad all around.

:(
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    I'm 5'3" with 16" calves. That isn't what bothers me...except that I cannot find tall boots in a size 8 that fit. Oh well.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    im 5,9 and my calves were !6" . always been solid muscle, even when i was underweight i could never get long boots to go over my calves and thighs :P
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    I'm 5'6" and they're almost 16"...they've always been big and muscley. I blame it on having been a dancer...and the fact that I've walked everywhere I need to go since the dawn of time.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    I'm 5'5 and I take measurements every Friday. My calves are 15.5" and I LOOOVE them. I've always had muscular legs, i can see the splits in my muscles through my skin. Muscular legs are more beautiful than skinny legs IMO.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    16" solid though...wow apparently i've lost an inch since i have not been hiking over the winter. i am sure they will be going back up now that the weather is warming up.
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    13" at 5'0. I think they look far too small as I have short legs and big thighs. Can't wear leggings or skinny jeans because the dramatic taper looks weird. Straight leg jeans help balance it out.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    mahoosive.. i hate them, they're genetic in our female side of the family..... but even worse my ankles are large too so all round rubbish. i can take the boot problem but little summer dresses and skirts always get to me as well as the family leg jokes :(

but i've never seriously tried to tone up & lose some weight until this year, and so far they have reduced a little since doing 30DS and now half way through RI30, so am hoping for bit more

whilst i hate them & have accepted i'll never wear girly summer skirts, i'm grateful i do have them and they're pretty darn functional having got me through x6 50mile duathlons over the years.. and everything else life throws at us!

:)
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    I was JUST about to post a topic about this!
    I'm 5'8" and have 16.5" calves

Still way too insecure to wear short shorts (especially since my thighs love being next to each other). How do I get over this?!?! I really do get looks when I wear short dresses and I don't think those looks are good ones!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    5'1, 107lbs, 14 inches. Used to b 18,5 inches before I lost weight, so I'm very pleased they've gone down as much as they have!