What's your favorite COMPLIMENT since starting?

Options

Replies

• joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "Holy ^%$#. You looking so &^%$ amazing. I'm so impressed.
  • pinkprincess3082
    pinkprincess3082 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I saw someone today that I hadn't seen for a month or so, and they said I looked "healthy and glowing". It made me smile :)
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds to date and have 17 to goal.

I ran into colleagues at a networking event that I had not seen in about a year and they said
    "You are aging in reverse, you look younger and healthier every time I see you"

It was a wonderful compliment as my journey has been about health, not simply weight loss. YAY
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice thread. :)

I've been getting a lot of "you have a perfect, healthy body shape that I hope to attain" type comments from women both offline and on here. It's nice to hear since I work really hard to maintain a good mix of muscle tone and natural curves (based on measurements).

I also love the stares from people who knew me when I was obese, but haven't said a word about my weight loss of 80 lbs / 5 dress sizes. I'm not sure if they are shocked that I haven't put the weight back on or maybe I just carry myself well and look good (smile), but up and down eye contact says it all.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just saw a friend two weeks ago that I'd not seen in over a year. Since seeing her last I've lost almost a 100lbs. The look in her eyes when she saw me was compliment enough, but the couple "wow, you look AMAZING" compliments that followed in the next 10 or so minutes didn't hurt ;).

My favorite compliment is from my wife. Thank God I have a wife who stayed attracted to me even at my highest, wanted me even when I couldn't fathom how she could. But still, there is a difference. The way she can't keep her hands off me, the way she keeps staring at me with this animal look of passion, and the way she keeps saying "you are so beautiful" (even though I'm a man). It's overwhelming at times, but amazing.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My sister saw me a couple weeks ago for the first time since T'giving, and her first words were, "Oh my God, you've gotten skinny!" I am nowhere near skinny, but I am thinner than I have been in over 10 years, and it feels great!
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    "Holy s#it... your back!"
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options

I ran into colleagues at a networking event that I had not seen in about a year and they said
    "You are aging in reverse, you look younger and healthier every time I see you"

Best compliment ever! Congratulations on the progress!
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "You look more fit!"

This was from a co-worker of mine who is also an exercise instructor. It was really flattering to hear that I look more fit, and not just smaller, that means my strength training must be working! :-)
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    From a trainer I had just met: "I can tell you've been lifting for a while." He also said I had "nice delts." :happy:
  • aubeatle
    aubeatle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last summer, I met up with a friend I hadn't seen since Christmas. She couldn't stop cursing, she was so shocked. It was the best reaction I've gotten yet! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of people commented that I was petite. :love:
  • Scribophile
    Scribophile Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 4lbs so far but hearing my wife say she was watching me workout and that I looked strong and sexy was great motivation for this former couch potato.
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist telling me she's really proud of me, and saying I "get it," in a way she wishes some of her other clients would "get it." I pretty much floated back to my car that day LOL :)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You can lift that all by yourself? No way!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    when the dental tech thought I was 35 years old or so,,and a young guy in my TKD class asked when I graduated (his nice way of asking women how old they are) and after I answered he looked at me and was like "really,I thought you where my age" he is 35..I just turned 47 in feb..LOL..another, last week I was buying food at walmart,silk milk,lettuce,ground turkey things like that and the girl in front of me at checkout looked to be about 25 years old,at least 300lbs and had a cart full of crap,she looked at my cart,looked at me thought about it for a while and turned around and started putting her crap back and I assume getting better food.
  • Scribophile
    Scribophile Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 4lbs so far but hearing my wife say she was watching me workout and that I looked strong and sexy was great motivation for this former couch potato.

UPDATE: ironically after posting this I saw my mother today. She looked at me and said, "are you losing weight?"

Hooray!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    " you just ran 20 miles??? you are a f*****g lunatic".
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I overheard two guys (one was a totally hottie) at a party talking about my back and how it was "attractively muscular but lean" that was one of the best compliments ever even though I wasn't supposed to hear it ;)
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "Holy Sh~~ Godmom! There is 1/2 of you now! You look hot!" from my 25 year old god-child - when he saw me after loosing 50 pounds! He is one of my god-children that is 'honest to a FAULT!', SO I knew he was telling the truth.