MyFitnessPal the Real Deal!!!

Options
acarmelo1
acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
So I just joined like a month ago or something like that, and following MyFitnessPal calories deficit plan. "Eat Less of what you use" I have lost 9.5lbs in just a month. That is Amazing.

It started me with a 1940 Calories Plan, Now its 1890.

I had to sacrifice Coca Cola and drink a lot of water, in order to not consume the calories with liquids, but its OK.

For you guys out there that are just starting, Just follow MyFitnessPal Instructions and you will do fine. Also log everything you eat!!!

Lets Keep it Up!!!!!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

welcome to MFP

I am glad to hear your results so far. Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Keep your "before" and "After" photos so you can post in the "success stories" MFP message board.

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great message! Congrats on that impressive month of weight loss. With your can-do attitude, I have no doubt that you'll be successful. Good luck on your journey!
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    I will keep them :D hope to have a BIIIG change to show you.

Thank you!!!!
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    Bumped for recent NON BELIEVERS
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing those encouraging words. Keep up the great work.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It is the real deal. I love it!
  • mpmckeough
    mpmckeough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right on man. I've given up thinking and just follow MFP to the letter, or calorie. 27lbs in 3 mos. It's not complicated, but it's not easy.

My kudos to all the success stories on here. There are definitely no short cuts.

Good luck on the journey.
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

Me too, I joined in January (even if name say since august) and if you are committed and honest, it work!!!
    I'm very happy that I joined and I want to succeed this time.
    Lets do that! for us, for our health, for our future!
  • mcintosh75
    mcintosh75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is work but trust me when i say it works.

I follow MFP to the letter. Mark anything and everything i eat in the app. I never was a big regular pop drinker, i grew up onn diet pop, so when i started my diet in September, i just found a diet pop i liked to use as a treat. i selected Mellow Yellow Zero (sometimes Coke Zero).

Way to go and keep it up!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I have to totally agree with you OP!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Keep it up dude.
  • ThinningKB2014
    Options
    Great job! It is the real deal and it's so encouraging to read about other peoples success! Feel free to add me for continued support on the journey.
  • bugbldr
    bugbldr Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job. I feel the same about this progam. I'm testing a little this week by bumping my "gross" calories up a bit but keeping my "net" aclories under the limit. My "net" calories have beed averaging around 500 below my MFP goal. Be interesting to see what happens. "Gross" calories = all calories eaten. "net" caloreis is gross calories minus calories burned.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Do remember that initial loses are often higher, as you can lose some water weight, food weight and so on.
    For the first when I started making an effort over my eating again (Dec 2013) I lost about 15/16lb. Actually worried me enough that I started eating a bit more as want to maintain muscle and so on.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    For me its become an obsession. It has to be (for me anyway) for it to work. It takes time which is the difficult part, but the journey is also exciting as well. My RL friends and family don't really want to hear about TDEE, BMR, NSV's and my OCD that goes along with all of the damn acronyms!!! That's why I have my awesome support on here, so I don't drive everyone else cray cray!!!! I have come a long way, but still have a ways to go. It's a physical and mental journey, but I say bring it!!!! :)
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Similar to you I have been doing MFP for about a month and am down 11 lbs! Amazing how logging and weighing can start such a transformation! You speak the truth my friend!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Good Work great start Keep it up (I started on MFP Kan 26th but have been dieting proper since Jan 3rd
    Your Right MFP works well (Down 14.8 pounds so far since joining - 22.8 since Jan 3rd)
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB! :) Keep up the good work!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Very well said! I agree It is the real deal. It does work.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    True words!

Log everything honestly, eat less calories than you burn and you will be successful.

Pretty simple, but never easy.