What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I put my shoes on without help. That sounds stupid, but I had surgery on Tuesday and my entire right leg is in an immobilizer. I cant bend my knee...so trying to put a sock and tennis shoe on when you cant bend your leg and your knee hurts like heck...well, after much grunting, groaning and a bit of pain, I did it. Reclaiming independence a little at a time.

[edit: Amusingly, I can say "heck" as my replacement expletive of choice, but the filter will not allow me to use an authors last name, as in D*ckens. Charles D*ckens. It hurt like the ****ens gets filtered. This amuses me.]
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's my "rest day", but I got off the couch and am in the process of doing semi-spring cleaning. Kitchen is almost done, about to mop.
  • edie378
    edie378 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My proud moment today was re-joining the gym (after quitting over 6 months ago because I would too lazy to go), and going and having an awesome workout :)
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My proud moment today was re-joining the gym (after quitting over 6 months ago because I would too lazy to go), and going and having an awesome workout :)

Awesome! Keep it up!
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today I got a new personal best time for my 5K on the elliptical, and it was a minute and 3 seconds lower than my previous PB!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Finished my longest run before my Half Marathon in 2 weeks. I did 18.5 km today :)
  • ileranerak
    Options
    I went to eat out at a restaurant. And they didn't have any kind of water, only soda. I didn't order anything to drink, since I have been trying to quit drinking Soda. It's been 3 weeks!. I was able to without drinking anything, but drank lots of water as soon as I got home.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i put some old trousers on today and they were so big. felt proud that have made myself commit to something
  • pathpt
    pathpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow.... I feel your pain. ... And congrats on the win! I am just finished my 4th week. The longer you resist, the more that stuff looks horrible !!! I went to the drive thru yesterday in a bad moment and ordered coffee and apples!!! They serve 3 apple slices and Mc Ds. hah!! but it served the purpose and I was on track. Keep up the good work . I am convinced the stuff they put in that bad food is highly addictive. Stay the course!
  • pathpt
    pathpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completed 60 min of a spinning class.... I really hard spinning class. .. Proud!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of positive comments when I went to church, about how I look...made me feel great!
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My proud moment was when I told my daughter she could pick some snacks at the grocery store for a lunch on the go and she chose yogurt, grapes and a babybel! I like to think it's because I'm setting a good example!
  • rd3914
    rd3914 Posts: 7
    Options
    i stopped myself from binging like crazy :)
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My proud moment was doing day 3 of running. I am nooooo runner but I am starting because I signed up for a 5k. I had to push myself today on day 3 but I didn't give up!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I started logging again today :smokin:

Yesterday I ended up hanging out with my best friend all day and when I was waiting for my fiance to pick me up she and her boyfriend went through taco bell and I didn't even ask her to get me something even though I was starving! I was really proud of myself (and it smelled sooo good too)!!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I resisted FREE pizza at work, even though I was really hungry, and held out until I could eat my pre-packed healthy lunch/dinner.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I had two today!

My Friday workout is Drum Fit, and we do a move that is a weird cross between a V-Up and a Russian Twist. Today was the first time that I was able to crunch my stomach AND lift my legs at the same time.

Also, I randomly woke up thinking about an Oatmeal Cream Pie today. I literally thought about it all day. I knew my workout would be one of my harder ones for the week, I would more than earn that 180 calories. I stopped to get gas on the way home, looked at that amazing creamy goodness, and said "No, thanks." :)

Love this thread!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I ran a 13 minute mile! I'm over 200 pounds so it's difficult for me to run. Still... I did a lot better then I expected!
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bought a 2XL tee today and it fit. I haven't been in a 2X since junior high.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Got on the scale and it said 3 pounds less than last weigh-in 10 days ago!! I have been militant the past couple weeks, and it paid off!! Yahoooo!! :smile: