Pants sizes

Options
SO I have lost 13 lbs but i am stil wearing the same size pants and I have seen on here that some people loose a pants size by now....what experiences has everyone had?

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    take your measurements all over because you could be losing someplace other than waist/hip. for instance since i started ive lost about 10 pounds *i just started tracking on MFP last week* but i lost inches more in my chest area and the area right under my chest....it'll come in time.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    When I look at your ticker, I have the same goals. I started out at 198 and down to 185. I'm 5'8" I'm still wearing size 13 but they are lose. I haven't gone shopping and tried on other pants yet. My big thing is my shirts fit better! My belly is shrinking. Try taking some measurements. I'm going to do that this week so I can watch it better.
  • mommylbs
    mommylbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually I just started the fitnesspal today but I have been working on my weight loss journey for 4 weeks now and I have lost 14 lbs. and I too am in the same size jeans! Im sure it all depends on the jeans and I have heard its usually anywhere between 10 and 20lbs. before you drop a pants size!! Keep your chin up and be PROUD of 13 lbs.!!!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 20lbs and still in the same pants size.. some are a little loose but not enough to go down a pant size. I know I have lost inches around my waist & hips too so now I wonder how I was fitting into them before I lost the weight! LOL!!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When you do go pants shopping don't be discouraged. I read in a magazine the other day that said what was once considered to be a size 12 is now a size 8??? I am not looking forward to shopping...luckily i had some pants that didn't fit but now they do!!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Hey, just to encourage you. i have lost 23 pounds and i still wear the same size of clothes. granted they are a little looser and they fit better, but i still dont think have lost a dress size. Like someone rightly said, you may be losing weight off unexpected areas. I lost more inches off my chest and hips than anywhere else, even though i would prefer the inches came off my waist

just hang in there, you may be surprise how on a certain week, you drop a sudden ton of weight and inches and ur fitting into clothes that are 2 sizes smaller..lol...our bodies are different and we all lose weight differently.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am a shorty (5'3), have lost 11lbs, and still in same pants size... but everything is WAY loose! Think I've probably gone down in shirt size, and sadly my bras are not "full" anymore! Someone posted once that you will lose weight in the reverse order of how you gained it, provided you are doing cardio--don't know if that is true, but it has been the case with me.

Oh--and definitely take measurements... it makes a world of difference when you have "gained" one week, but lost an inch or so--those are the pounds you want, because they are probably muscle!
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to go down in sizes. I lost a good 30 lbs before it was time to go down a pant size. It was probably 50 lbs before I went down a shirt size. Once I went down one size, it seemed like it was no time before I was down two sizes, then three...you'll get there and then you'll be like me and have piles and piles of clothes that don't fit! :)
  • unworthyservant
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have lost 10 lbs, and my pants fit looser but I also can't go down a size yet. I think it might be because we lose fat all over our body, not just in our waist, so it might be a pound from each thigh, a pound from the stomach, etc, you know? I think over time you will see better results, I'm sure you are not wasting your time exercising and dieting!! :)
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 20lbs and still in the same pants size.. some are a little loose but not enough to go down a pant size. I know I have lost inches around my waist & hips too so now I wonder how I was fitting into them before I lost the weight! LOL!!
    HAHA!!! So true... I'm glad I didn't have too many pictures of my current clothes at my previous weight, b/c I would probably be appaled at how poorly I was wearing them! :laugh:
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've always heard 15-20 lbs = 1 pants size but it really depends on the person. I've lost 60lbs and gone from size 22/24 to 12/14 but I I've also gained a lot of muscle. I agree with the others, take your measurements. It will help keep you focused during the times when the scale won't budge.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I have just now got a 24 lb loss and I am starting to see a bit of a difference in the way clothes fit. I didnt think it would happen either. I still am wearing the same size, but need a belt and think I could go down a size when I go shopping, but they arent completely fallling off or anything. It will happen, just keep up the work. Good luck and you can do it!! It will all be worth it when you see the difference right when you are about to give up or not try as hard. Thats what happened with me.
  • britia1
    Options
    I lost 11.4 pounds so far and I'm still in the same size, but fitting better into my pants. I think my problem is I was wearing a 12, and they were getting really tight, but i refused to go get a bigger size. Now a 12 actually fits. I can't wait until they are too big! Good luck with your weight loss and congrats on the weight you did loose! :happy:
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Same boat here. I have lost more than 15 lbs since the start of the year and my pants are looser, no doubt, yet I'm still in them.

However, I was in a waiting room last week, one I visit regularly, and noticed that I'm not scraping the arms of the chairs when I sit down. So, don't give up, it's all a function of where your body stores fat, where you lose it and where you strengthen and tone.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    . I know I have lost inches around my waist & hips too so now I wonder how I was fitting into them before I lost the weight! LOL!!

HAHA me too. Although I can wear some pants in a 12 now and some of my 14's are just way too big but there a few pairs I was wearing and they must have stretched enough to fit me! But even though the same pants fit, I wear my belts on the last hole now and sometimes that is not tight enough. I need another hole or 2 or new belts!

The area between my bra line and waist was probably the first to shrink. which didn't affect pant fit at all.
  • Hopee26
    Hopee26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I ve lost 23 lbs so far. I notice my face and neck are alittle skinner looking.. but the pants feel th same way they have.
  • lookatmenow85
    lookatmenow85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It could have been water weight. Sometime you loose fat and replace it with muscle or even the part of your body the lost the weight wasn't in your butt, thigh or stomach area. Im heavy bottomed so I do a lot of cardio and target mt butt, stomach and thighs.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 lbs and have gone down 2 sizes. About 15 lbs is a size for me. All depends on your shape and where you lose first.
  • jander215
    jander215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I searched for this topic cause now I feel a whole better! I also have lost about 11lbs so far and I'm just dying to be able to buy a smaller pant!! And I'm glad to see like others I noticed a difference in the area right below my bra line to above my waist, also in my face I think. The seat of pants I guess fit a little better...but its been discouraging when u see the loss on the scale and not necessarily in the mirror yet! So glad to know I'm not the only one, hopefully I can keep pushing like I have and finally see (buy) the difference soon!
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 lbs and have gone down 2 sizes. About 15 lbs is a size for me. All depends on your shape and where you lose first.

I agree with this. It depends on the person but for me as well its been about 15 lbs a size. I am down 2 sizes so far. Its getting expensive, but that is a good problem to have. I need to clean out my closet as I have 3 sizes in there and its getting confusing.